My Corda 2Move arrived today! :P
Feb 12, 2008 at 10:52 AM Post #61 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosterw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello LTC, nice to see you are happy with the products!

Silvercab advised burn-in is 40-100 hrs. The first biggest step is up to 40 hrs, After 40 it will still improve but only slightly.

Enjoy.

Hans.

Okay thanks for the info Hans!
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 1:58 PM Post #62 of 224
I ordered mine today at lunch time and 1.5 hours later, I received the answer from Jan, confirming that everything (2MOVE + Silvercab mini to mini) is on stock and he will ship it today. I fear, I will hardly sleep this night.
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2008 at 12:43 PM Post #64 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahhh now it is complete.
biggrin.gif

Haha yeah xD
Anyway getting more and more happy with this amp, the DAC is wonderful
rolleyes.gif

Feb 13, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #65 of 224
agreed. received my 2move 8 days after being shipped from germany to washington DC. was freezing cold out of the box due to the near zero temperatures here. let it warm up for a while then plugged in into my laptop, was instantly recognized via USB. plugged in my denon ah-d2000s and starting browsing my flac collection. got a lot of midrange distortion at first which was followed by a minor freakout, but then i started playing with the headphone jack and realized that the plug pushes the jack into the casing a bit. so i popped in a 9V which provided some posterior support to the headphone out jack and now have no issues when inserting and removing my headphone plug.

sounds great so far with only 20 hours of burn-in. greater bass detail with good separation of bass from subbass frequencies in the already bass heavy denons. seems that the midrange is more detailed now with a bit more forward presentation. the highs are crisp and seem to have leveled out the harsh sibilance that i was getting from the onboard laptop DAC. used to hear quite a few artifacts from lower bitrate mp3s that now are much more tolerable with the 2move (which seems strange given the increase in detail).

and throughout the process had excellent contact with Jan himself. absolute pleasure to buy from. made my first headphone amp purchase very easy.

oh yeah, i still have everything on the stock settings. may switch to low gain as comfortable listening is around 9 o'clock and painfully loud is 12 o'clock. havent played around with crossfeed much but i guess i'll have to test it out over an extended listening session. and i'm listening to mainly electronica, and rock so cant say much about classical or jazz.

back to burning it in.

Feb 15, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #66 of 224
If you who don't have one would like to see the silver up close, heres mine.
dsc4609tu6.jpg

Its a nice little amp, I'm enjoying it so far.

Feb 15, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #67 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by unknown123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you who don't have one would like to see the silver up close, heres mine.
dsc4609tu6.jpg

Its a nice little amp, I'm enjoying it so far.

How does the 2Move sound with the HD 595? I use my HD 595 with my Mac mini and it's not bad but I think it can sound a lot better. Would the 2Move even be powerfull enough to handle my Beyer DT 990 (250 Ohm)? Now I can't use them on my computer (not enough volume).

Feb 15, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #68 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Fool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does the 2Move sound with the HD 595? I use my HD 595 with my Mac mini and it's not bad but I think it can sound a lot better. Would the 2Move even be powerfull enough to handle my Beyer DT 990 (250 Ohm)? Now I can't use them on my computer (not enough volume).

Its not a huge difference between my moded x-fi (the DACs sound similar to me), but it is noticeable, the 595's aren't very hard to drive to begin with, but the bass gets some extra punch which is nice since I think the bass is a bit weak on the 595's. With the higher ohm headphones from what I hear this is able to drive them well but my highest set are the 595's which are only 50ohm.
This is just what I have noticed so far, this is my first amp so I probably am not the best person to give advice, so take it for what its worth.
cool.gif

Feb 15, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #69 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by unknown123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its not a huge difference between my moded x-fi (the DACs sound similar to me), but it is noticeable, the 595's aren't very hard to drive to begin with, but the bass gets some extra punch which is nice since I think the bass is a bit weak on the 595's. With the higher ohm headphones from what I hear this is able to drive them well but my highest set are the 595's which are only 50ohm.
This is just what I have noticed so far, this is my first amp so I probably am not the best person to give advice, so take it for what its worth.
cool.gif

Thanks for the reply! I have an older pair of HD 595's who are 120 Ohm so they might benefit a bit more from stronger amplification. Anyone else who has some experience with the 2Move in combination with higher impedance HP's (let's say 250 Ohm or even higher)?

Feb 15, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #70 of 224
Ordered a Corda 2Move yesterday. I'm looking forward to comparing it with my long time favorite, the SR71.

I ordered directly from Jan Meier...then noticed that TTVJ has them (I never knew TTVJ had Meier stuff). I suppose I should have gotten it from Todd as there would be no international shipping delay.

Feb 15, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #72 of 224
It is (more expensive through TTVJ). TTVJ sells the 2Move for the same price as Jan but with Jan shipping is included, whereas with TTVJ it's an extra cost. Todd does give a 2% discount to his newsletter subscribers (the discount is from the cost of the 2Move not the cost of the 2Move plus shipping).

I got my 2Move from TTVJ yesterday. I haven't been able to use it that much yet, but I'm looking forward to doing more listening over the Presidents' Day weekend.

Alan

Feb 16, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #73 of 224
I ordered mine through TTVJ and if its your first purchase you get $10 off the top so it came out to the same amount with 2-3 day shipping from USPS. They were not in stock when i ordered, but it took 2 days from when it was shipped out to get to me.

Feb 17, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #74 of 224
i found a problem with the rear battery cover. sometimes the amp will not on due to bad contact with the negative and positive battery contacts, and i move around with it much.

sometime i got to take the battery out and back in, then i can switch on the amp.

anyone encounter any similar problems with their 2move yet?

Feb 17, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #75 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdRobin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i found a problem with the rear battery cover. sometimes the amp will not on due to bad contact with the negative and positive battery contacts, and i move around with it much.

sometime i got to take the battery out and back in, then i can switch on the amp.

anyone encounter any similar problems with their 2move yet?

I think, this is due to the fact, that every 9v battery has it's own size. The one I use at the moment seem to be a bit longer, so it really takes some effort to shut the cover. Maybe you should put a little piece of foam or folded paper to the rear of the battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back