My cat tore up my Virtual Dynamics Power 3...
Mar 4, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #466 of 773
!ROFL - ROFL - ROFL!
How did it sound? I mean the cat...

Mar 6, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #468 of 773
These threads take on a life of their own. I am pleased that you did take up Rick's offer to try another cable. As you say, VD would have been within rights not to deal with us after the beating they took in this thread.

I have been pleased and impressed with the cable I got and will buy another one for my source as money allows. I was a very skeptical person with respect to power cords. They have forever changed my mentality about power cords. Their pricing is stratospheric and I would hope they would consider that and look to put a cord or two within the novice range of cost. The power 3 is in that range and I will spring for another power 1 before they stop their pricing special.

Thank you VD (Rick and Matt) for having a thick skin and sticking with us.

Mar 6, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #469 of 773
I don't think you have done much damage to VD with your thread. Peaple who replied was mostly cables haters ...

I heard Power3, Nite Platinum, Master 3.0, Verastarr and 2 differents gauge standard powercord.

They all sound different ...

You gain speed, dynamic and details. You can gain more soundstage (width), coloration (warm, neutral or cold) ...

You can change your gear, change your interconnect, powercable, powerconditionner, opamp, tubes ...

Just begin with the less expansive and keep going till you happy. :xf_cool:

Mar 6, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #471 of 773
the Power 3 is a super quiet PC with a warm, groovy, punchy sound with excellent dynamics to boot. maybe a bit too laid back for some, but i'm really enjoying it with my Cayin HA-1A. i have some DIY PC supplies from vhaudio.com coming tomorrow - we'll see.....

btw, as far as the quality of VD's construction goes, it's the equal of any in the cable manufacturing business i've encountered. i have a tom cat that i think could take on a tornado (it kills nasty squirrels on a regular basis), but has no inerest in the hi-fi room other than a nap. i'd hate to see what it could do to my Power 3. Tech-Flex is pretty to look at, but.....

PACE

Mar 12, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #472 of 773
I have to say, as a noob here, that reading this thread from front to back was a bit like watching "Saving Private Ryan." Started with a real bang, and the make-up at the end wasn't at all convincing.
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #474 of 773
I haven't read the whole thread, only the first and last page. I have one question:

how did it go from "oh my god how can they charge $$$ for $15 worth of components" to "well, actually, it kinda is worth all the $$$ IMO and it does sound better than other $$$ cables"????

Edit: so I'm reading through the thread now. I just want to say: wow, it looks like bigshot is one of the few with a clue and some common sense and decency. Virtual Dynamics themselves concede that their cables are nothing more than what was posted in the OP and go on defending their prices on the basis that 'they can' (Example in post #69 by Acoustic Chef: "The Basic and Power 3 tell the story of how you can take the simplest wire and by simply applying even sandblasting metal to the surrounding wire you can turn the once $50 cable into a $5000+ cable."). Then he goes on saying that "we don’t make a cent off them anyway". How can you not make money off a cable you made for $15 and sold for $5000? This behaviour shocks me. Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have purchased every VD cable I've owned. I wait for their sales to buy cheap or I buy them used on audiogon.

Define 'cheap'.

Mar 24, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #476 of 773
The answer to that is the core of the whole debate over cables, Dzjudz. It seems that even the obvious isn't obvious enough sometimes.

I appreciate your note of support. Thanks.

See ya
Steve

Mar 24, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #478 of 773
I was considering parting with my hard-earned cash to buy a VD Testament-series interconnect... now I'm going to do a -lot- more research before buying any interconnect, and I doubt I'll be buying VD. I feel a tinge of regret though... the cables look beautifully constructed on the outside, and I like pretty things!

Can anyone recommend an interconnect that sounds great, and is genuinely well-constructed?

Mar 24, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #479 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is sad to think that people as naive to buy these cables, actually have the money to buy them.

Did you get just bored after no one replied to this dead horse for two weeks? Why did we relight this steaming pile exactly?

Mar 24, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #480 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you get just bored after no one replied to this dead horse for two weeks? Why did we relight this steaming pile exactly?

If I may reply for him: well, for the benefit of people such as cyanbomb (the poster above you), who was alerted to this thread because it was revived and that probably saved him/her a lot of grief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back