My cat tore up my Virtual Dynamics Power 3...
Mar 24, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #481 of 773
Quote:

Just to show you how some people overrate some cables (monster cables anyone?)

Hey, troll of 2 posts, I am not discussing the Power 3 (bottom of the line), but the Genesis, the top of the line. You haven't seen it or held it, or installed it or listened to it (or other cables of similar price tag), so you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

BTW, everyone who knows anything about cables (excludes you) knows Monster cables are the Bose of cables. All marketing, no performance. Abominable build quality, just open one up and take a lokk at the soldering job the 12 year old slave did.

Mar 24, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #482 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I may reply for him: well, for the benefit of people such as cyanbomb (the poster above you), who was alerted to this thread because it was revived and that probably saved him/her a lot of grief.

And if cyanbomb had gotten his cables and actually was happy with them, then he would have just been called naive and told that he didn't deserve to have enough money to purchase them.

It doesn't help anyone to call someone naive and worth less then a cable IMO. Let a search function handle those who actually research cables, but for those who you might think are naive, the battle against naivety in this world could be better served elsewhere. Start a webpage about these things and put it in your signature for all I care, but we can stop the worthless crap throwing when no one was bothering to defend any longer. That was pure trolling in the worst way, sounded like he was desperately seeking an ego boost today.

Mar 24, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #483 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, everyone who knows anything about cables (excludes you) knows Monster cables are the Bose of cables

You're quite correct in that observation. The primary similarity is that they're both overpriced. There are alternatives that are just as good at a fraction of the cost. Of course, Bose and Monster are just garden variety absurd. The degree of absurdity in cables goes up to the stratosphere along with the price tag.

See ya
Steve

Mar 24, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #484 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was pure trolling in the worst way, sounded like he was desperately seeking an ego boost today.

Gizmodo is linking to this thread today. It's likely that it would have been ressurected anyway.

See ya
Steve

Mar 24, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #485 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gizmodo is linking to this thread today. It's likely that it would have been ressurected anyway.

See ya
Steve

Thanks Steve, I did not know that. I hope that this cable's build does become common knowledge to buyers at least.

Mar 24, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #486 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After reading this thread, I can't wait to try their cables! I will resume my audio hobby...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're quite correct in that observation. The primary similarity is that they're both overpriced. There are alternatives that are just as good at a fraction of the cost. Of course, Bose and Monster are just garden variety absurd. The degree of absurdity in cables goes up to the stratosphere along with the price tag.

See ya
Steve

Genesis power cable gave me more for the price than any other cable I have ever tried. Other cables just add different flavors to the sound, they don't improve the sound like the Genesis does. Even when the Genesis power cable costs more than a car, it's a bargain!

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #487 of 773
Quote:

Even when the Genesis power cable costs more than a car, it's a bargain!

LMAO! That may just be signature worthy material some day.

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #488 of 773
Quote:

Genesis power cable gave me more for the price than any other cable I have ever tried. Other cables just add different flavors to the sound, they don't improve the sound like the Genesis does. Even when the Genesis power cable costs more than a car, it's a bargain!

Obviously cables are very important, but without proper isolation, anti-resonance and damping, you will never get the resolution you need having spent all that money. Have you considered trying some isolation/damping techniques? Also EMF can be an issue.

Mar 25, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #489 of 773
I'm a relative noob compared to all you Headphone Supremes, and I've read this VD thread with a mixture of disbelief (at VD), amazement (at their reply), and disappointment at the way it's turned out.

Most people work hard for their money, and no matter which way you look at it, will be very disappointed in finding that their relatively expensive power cable was PVC bulk wire and a garden hose. Do you see? The sound is no longer the issue (although it should ideally be), and profit margins are no longer the issue either, even if there's truth in the sums. People want to feel like what they paid for was truly worth it, and for almost everyone, the sheer shock of VD's cable construction would be off-putting.

It truly is a case of "Ignorance is bliss." That illusion has been shattered, and the damage is done. Therefore...

The best thing VD could have done is to have said, "Look, this isn't uncommon for cable manufacturers, but all the same, we're sorry, and will look into ways of improving the cosmetic appearance/quality/whatever of our cables." That would have been proper damage control. Unfortunately, what VD did was to offer inane comments, some shockingly unprofessional. Yes, some of what they said held a degree of truth, but didn't actually address the matter at hand: Irate and disappointed Head-fiers. And -that- is what fueled much of the flaming and bad feelings in the thread.

Many people will now give VD cables a miss not merely because of their build quality or material choices, but because of the way the company's representative responded.

We can't force anyone to stop viewing or posting in this thread, and nobody can stop people from posting by arguing logic, like most arguments in life (girlfriend/wife arguments, for example, don't obey any rules of rationale!
tongue.gif
)
Let it run its course, and let us hope that there are hotter topics to discuss soon!
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey everyone, case closed okay?
wink.gif

Mar 25, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #490 of 773
There's still one last counterclaim open on this case... The fact that this is a power cable that doesn't carry UL certification. Anyone who plugs their valuable equipment into a wall socket of their house deserves that level of guarantee from the manufacturer. I don't care how good it sounds, I don't want my house to burn down and my insurance refuse to cover the loss.

See ya
Steve

Mar 25, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #491 of 773
Mar 25, 2008 at 10:45 AM Post #492 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Obviously cables are very important, but without proper isolation, anti-resonance and damping, you will never get the resolution you need having spent all that money. Have you considered trying some isolation/damping techniques? Also EMF can be an issue.

I'm using Magix levitation feet and ERS Paper so those problems are fixed. The Genesis Power Cable gave as much for the money as those tweaks. I can't think of anything else that improves the sound other than Magix, ERS Paper and Virtual Dynamics cables. They all increase the resolution in the music.

All the amps and sources I have tried have been a waste of money because they worsened the signal, that's why there are so many different flavors between different components. The Virtual Dynamics cable is the only "component" in the signal path that improves the sound instead of worsens it. The reason for that is vibration control inside the cable. The conductors are always vibrating and when using different materials to build the cable you can get many different flavors, but what really gives a neutral sound is by finding a way to reduce those vibrations instead of only altering them. This is what Virtual Dynamics does, they try to fix the problem of the AC signal while everyone else tries to sell different flavors.

I rather choose a neutral cable than a colored cable. A neutral cable is the same as what comes from the wall, but it's just neutral, it doesn't fix anything. A colored cable like the Nordost Valhalla power cord veils the sound to make it smoother and more musical, but it removes low-level detail while adding boominess to make it appear like there is more body.
The Virtual Dynamics cables use neutral conductors while adding vibration dampening around the conductors. It reduces the vibrations of the cable which gives better sound. Their cheapest cable has their simplest form of vibration dampening, and their best cable (Genesis) has their most advanced form of vibration dampening.

After I put the Genesis into my system I have found that vibration control is 99% of the sound. The vibrations are everywhere which means that you can add different flavors to the sound.

I like stock cables more than Nordost Valhalla ($3000) because the Valhalla veiled the sound. The Virtual Dynamics is the only aftermarket power cable that improved the sound in every way possible. I haven't heard any weaknesses with it at all. Virtual Dynamics is the best audio manufacturer I know of, and that includes amps, sources or any other audio gear. The Genesis power cable gave a lot more for the money than any other component change I have ever done. There is no comparison.

Mar 25, 2008 at 2:45 PM Post #493 of 773
Quote:

I'm using Magix levitation feet and ERS Paper so those problems are fixed. The Genesis Power Cable gave as much for the money as those tweaks. I can't think of anything else that improves the sound other than Magix, ERS Paper and Virtual Dynamics cables. They all increase the resolution in the music.

All the amps and sources I have tried have been a waste of money because they worsened the signal, that's why there are so many different flavors between different components. The Virtual Dynamics cable is the only "component" in the signal path that improves the sound instead of worsens it. The reason for that is vibration control inside the cable. The conductors are always vibrating and when using different materials to build the cable you can get many different flavors, but what really gives a neutral sound is by finding a way to reduce those vibrations instead of only altering them. This is what Virtual Dynamics does, they try to fix the problem of the AC signal while everyone else tries to sell different flavors.

I rather choose a neutral cable than a colored cable. A neutral cable is the same as what comes from the wall, but it's just neutral, it doesn't fix anything. A colored cable like the Nordost Valhalla power cord veils the sound to make it smoother and more musical, but it removes low-level detail while adding boominess to make it appear like there is more body.
The Virtual Dynamics cables use neutral conductors while adding vibration dampening around the conductors. It reduces the vibrations of the cable which gives better sound. Their cheapest cable has their simplest form of vibration dampening, and their best cable (Genesis) has their most advanced form of vibration dampening.

After I put the Genesis into my system I have found that vibration control is 99% of the sound. The vibrations are everywhere which means that you can add different flavors to the sound.

I like stock cables more than Nordost Valhalla ($3000) because the Valhalla veiled the sound. The Virtual Dynamics is the only aftermarket power cable that improved the sound in every way possible. I haven't heard any weaknesses with it at all. Virtual Dynamics is the best audio manufacturer I know of, and that includes amps, sources or any other audio gear. The Genesis power cable gave a lot more for the money than any other component change I have ever done. There is no comparison.

Kiss of Death.

lol

Mar 25, 2008 at 2:45 PM Post #494 of 773
I don't care how good or bad their products are. After reading the responses of VD representatives, I would never purchase a VD product.

The cable believers/disbelievers argument is completely irrelevant to the discussion, when a VP rep is insulting it's customers.

I've seen this type of thing happen time and again with company reps on forums. And in every case it has caused serious, if not irreparable damage to the company. Now that this article is circulating through the web, I fear VP pretty much slit their own throats.

As far as the Power 3 goes, even if the "Special Sauce" turned my equipment into Audio Nirvana, I doubt I would want a product that insulates mains wire with abrasive sand blasting particles, just sounds like a safety hazard waiting to happen.

Mar 25, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #495 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by junkiefred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't care how good or bad their products are. After reading the responses of VD representatives, I would never purchase a VD product.

The cable believers/disbelievers argument is completely irrelevant to the discussion, when a VP rep is insulting it's customers.

I've seen this type of thing happen time and again with company reps on forums. And in every case it has caused serious, if not irreparable damage to the company. Now that this article is circulating through the web, I fear VP pretty much slit their own throats.

As far as the Power 3 goes, even if the "Special Sauce" turned my equipment into Audio Nirvana, I doubt I would want a product that insulates mains wire with abrasive sand blasting particles, just sounds like a safety hazard waiting to happen.

lol nice first post and pretty much yeah. right on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back