My cat has good taste
Oct 24, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #31 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You'd be amazed. Headphones on your face is a whole new listening experience!

Nikongod put a headphone on his crotch. PM him for more details.

Oct 24, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #33 of 56
Sinty,
Again, your pics. are great. I can surely recognize them with our Mr.cat. Anytime I lay on the couch, he will be there as well...
As you probably know that we regarding tabby's are dealing with a very intelligent, extremely social species cat that does prefer to be around people who takes the time to explain to the cat that music sounds great when presented through decent headphones . Just notice that all tabby's have an M implanted on their forehead..

Oct 24, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #34 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jupiterknight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just notice that all tabby's have an M implanted on their forehead..

Yes, I know. Often has she had a fit of rage and tossed energy blasts at me from across the room. So long as her inner power is supressed by good headphones, we are all safe. After all, her power level is OVER 9000!!!

Oct 24, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #35 of 56
And all my cat is good for is chewing on Drew's cables
frown.gif

Oct 24, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #37 of 56
When cats do something bad, you have to be really fast and catch them in the act. Grab them and lift them up, but make sure they are below your face looking up at you and then you Yell in their face very loud. Doesnt matter what you say, just be REALLY loud with one of two words. Maybe STOP IT! Really get in their face and they will give you a O.o
look and never do it again.

seems harsh but its better than spanking or tossing things at them like most people do. Worked with katie, she had some issues meowing at the front door but she doesnt do it nearly as much. As soon as I said STOP IT, she runs to me and jumps on my lap.

Oct 24, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #38 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread is sad for me... One of my cats died last week.

I'm very sorry to hear that. When my tabby got cancer a couple years ago, it was tough. She was about 17 and I had her for about 16 years. She was in perfect health otherwise. The black and white kitties are 15 (they're sisters) and I hope they'll be around for awhile longer. They're the most affectionate cats I've had and I love them to pieces.

Oct 25, 2009 at 7:23 AM Post #39 of 56
Thats sweet!
Sure looks like she is enjoy those Sennheisers and the music it put out.

Oct 25, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #40 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The last 3 pairs of headphones I've sold have been chewed by my cats... the Y section of the D2000, the wire of the SA3000, it's ridiculous.

This is a behaviour left over from dangling string as a kitten.
Squirt the cat with water when they do it and they will learn quickly
smily_headphones1.gif

If you're up to date with the whole pavlovian response thing and behaviourism, alternatively you could a. remove the cat from the room or b. remove the headphones from the cat.

Cats can be difficult to train at times, but it will work and is highly rewarding

Oct 25, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #41 of 56
Aw I love cats and this ones especially cute. Used to have one but she got run over recently :/

I'm totally gonna try this with my new ones when I get them.

Oct 26, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #42 of 56
Quote:

This thread is sad for me... One of my cats died last week.

Add my condolences to the list. Our cats are both rescued cats 2 & 3 years old so we have some time to go before the inevitable happens. I know it will be tough when it does though. They are both just so full of personality and affectionate I can't imagine finding another pair like them.

Fortunately neither have ever chewed anything and I have cords all over the place. They are both from the SPCA so maybe they never had a place where they could learn to chew dangling string or cords.

Oct 26, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #43 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very sorry to hear that. When my tabby got cancer a couple years ago, it was tough. She was about 17 and I had her for about 16 years. She was in perfect health otherwise. The black and white kitties are 15 (they're sisters) and I hope they'll be around for awhile longer. They're the most affectionate cats I've had and I love them to pieces.

It went really fast, acute renal failure. It was only a matter of days before we had to put him down. Now I get more time with my extremely overweight tuxedo, though!
tongue.gif

Oct 26, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #44 of 56
Quote:

Now I get more time with my extremely overweight tuxedo, though!
tongue.gif

One of mine is an overweight tuxedo as well. The other cat is nice & sleek. Maybe something in the tux genes that makes them overweight?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back