My Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 dont like high volume?
May 7, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:
Since I bought the E9 online, I can turn it back within 14days and get full refund.
So in conclusion:
I return the E9, buy E11 (then i can use the DT770 with my mp3 also) If not it is the O2 I should go for?
And I can get the Titanium HD for a good price used also.
E9 = 276,1 USD
E11 = 137,18 + Titanium HD = 155,3 = 292,48 USD.
Hum, Significant RF leakage from DC-DC converter into output
Got this from the http://www.head-fi.org/t/556783/fiio-e11-review-and-comparison-e7-amp-section-only
So, do you think this would be the best?

I have to take back what I said about the DAC on Titanium HD vs. Elite Pro.
The Elite Pro is a little better DAC wise then I thought it would be (so I'm not as sure of the differents)
I would still say to get the Titanium HD and try it with the DT770 Pro 80-Ohm plugged in directly.
If you like the sound well enough, you can just return the E9 and sell off the Elite Pro.
You can always take more time to do research on amps.
Which the O2 might still turn out to be the best pick
Or the E11.

Did you ever try changing the gain switch to high when using the E9 with the DT770?

May 8, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #17 of 21
Im going to return the E9.
As stv014 stated, because of the high output impedance, they shouldn't be used with headphone's with 80 omhs or lower. (got it from nwavguy article)
And then I'll see if I can get a used Titanium HD soundcard, and last see wich amp I can get.

May 8, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:
As stv014 stated, because of the high output impedance, they shouldn't be used with headphone's with 80 omhs or lower. (got it from nwavguy article)
And then I'll see if I can get a used Titanium HD soundcard, and last see wich amp I can get.

Heya,

All the equipment change in the world isn't going to change your DT770 that much, if you just don't like it's sound at high volume, I would suggest you start researching a new headphone in general. I would keep your soundcard and other gear and just sell the the E9 and DT770 and start looking for: AudioTechnica A900X, Hifiman HE-400, Denon D2000, Ultrasone PRO 750, etc.

Very best,

May 9, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #19 of 21
denons work really good with high volumes

in general beyers don't since dt 990 doesn't get very loud either, and the t1 is better, but not perfect.

May 15, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Make sure the used Titanium HD comes with the original install/driver disk, makes it way easier for install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back