My ATH-AD700 Mods Thus Far
Sep 28, 2010 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

jschristian44

Member of the Trade: Justin's Headphone Modding
CAUTION: Incomplete trades
So I thought I would just share some pics of my mods to my AD700's thus far.  They are really coming along nicely.  Just waiting on my Dremel to come in the mail and they will be completed with a detachable cable.  Anyways, onto the eye candy.

Detachable Cable (Original Modded)

Dynamat Cover and Fiberloft Fill:

Midnight Blue Painted Grills (It is hours from midnight outside, I think they match very well
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Sep 28, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #5 of 15
yeah it's called midnight blue.  it's pretty accurate to a midnight sky as you can tell.  if anyone is interested in these, i would sell them for 100 shipped.  i want those denon's on sale right now.  let me know by a PM.  these are very nice.

Sep 28, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #6 of 15
I like the detachable cable idea. The stock AD700 cable is super long to start with, which can be both a blessing and a curse.

Oct 3, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #12 of 15
I think I am going to get a few pairs to get some friends into head-fi so I am going d2000 for now(with a few other pairs). I hope that price drops back down I have three months till I am back in the states. So I have time to wait.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry for getting off topic how are the mods coming?

Quote:
d2000 if on a budget, d5000 if your rich and don't care.

Oct 3, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #13 of 15
the ad700 will be complete tomorrow.  that is when i get my dremel to make the cutout of the hole almost perfect.  i have all the other parts so expect some pictures tomorrow night.  my grills are painted and dried so they will go on as well.

Dec 30, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #15 of 15
can u put some more detail on how u connected the wire...as its one sided..i get confused..i want to mod ath m50 like this...but i hav no clue abt the wiring and stuff.... thank u :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back