My #1 gripe with head-fi forum members
Mar 21, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #496 of 502
Quote:
There was a thread while ago think it was by one the guys from the My Pony thread or something, where some new user registered and started stalking the user via PM's he showed a screenshot of it. Come to think of it think it was jamesmcprogger that posted the pic.

Avatar has been changed. I am now doing a Tribute to the Band Tut Tut Child and their iconic figure, Monstercat. Who is wearing headphones. Of course. Now only Cat fetishists will want me to email them. 
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #498 of 502
Heya!

I don't own a lot pair of headphones, but I tried quite a few of it. I only tell what I experienced but sometimes, I just say like for example "or maybe you can take a look at it's elder brother Y headphone. It should sound better but I am not certain" that is because I had tried it's lower end version and I am pretty certain the higher end ones will do better. 

Just a share
Billson :)

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #500 of 502
I wish I was that cute. That's one of my kids who took that picture wearing my HE500s. The caption said "These are MINE now! MWHAHAHAHAHA!!!". :D

ETA: Oh my God... It just dawned on me what you were saying... Do you think some dude thinks I'm a ten year old girl and he's trying to chat me up? EWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! :confused_face_2:   I'm definitely changing it... :p

Creepers gonna creep. #minecraftreference

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #501 of 502
Quote:
- Post count boosting with short, nigh-meaningless replies

If people are doing this, it's usually new members trying to get 15 posts to get classified access. If you see it, please report one of their posts.

Quote:
Quote:
They don't get the message for a few hours after they join (intentionally), so you'll still see quite a few newbie threads for now.

I just got a strange PM from a new member. He said his "PM's are limited because he is new and would I please email him directly" and then he left his email. At any rate, my red flags went up so I didn't respond. He has now left me another email begging me to email him... What the heck is going on? New members can't PM? Why would somebody want me to email them directly? Is this legit or is someone trying to scam me somehow? 

They only need to make 3 posts and the limit goes up. Really the only people affected by this are people who just sign up to buy stuff.

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #502 of 502
Quote:

If people are doing this, it's usually new members trying to get 15 posts to get classified access. If you see it, please report one of their posts.

They only need to make 3 posts and the limit goes up. Really the only people affected by this are people who just sign up to buy stuff.

Ah. Okay thanks. He seems to have gone away now. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back