Musiland Monitor 02 US
Nov 4, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #901 of 1,340
ASIO allows the music to be represented in a bitperfect format. You may want to read up on that. There's no need to use ASIO4all with the Musiland since it's compatible with ASIO drivers(ASIO drivers were already included with the Musiland). ASIO4all is for devices that aren't compatible with ASIO. Think of it as a multipurpose retrofit device for non-ASIO devices.

Quote:
Ok from what im getting, ASIO makes this soundcard slightly better. 

Im new to all this stuff, how do i configure ASIO4all to work with this? I have no clue were to start or what to do. A redirection to a step by step guie would be helpful.

I did notice a different between my onboard and the musiland, but im no audiophile. To me it just sounds "smoother" through the musiland and less loud, but also not as painful to listen to (on my onboard it sounds more trebly)
Another problem. Sometimes with the musiland, i get this weird "static/fuzz" sound behind. It goes away once i unplugg the usb and plug it back in but it is kind of annoying. Anyone know what this might be? Hell it may even be my audioengine a5's Anyone know what this may be?

Thanks guys.

Nov 4, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #902 of 1,340

Quote:
ASIO allows the music to be represented in a bitperfect format. You may want to read up on that. There's no need to use ASIO4all with the Musiland since it's compatible with ASIO drivers(ASIO drivers were already included with the Musiland). ASIO4all is for devices that aren't compatible with ASIO. Think of it as a multipurpose retrofit device for non-ASIO devices.

ah! thanks a bunch for the helpful answer! Alright so im using Mediamonkey to play my music.I dont need anything else to use asio? Cause i was reading that foobar has a asio plugin. Is there anything else needed to get asio in mm?

My audioengine a5's keep overheating at around 10 oclock volume (full volume source) Its kinda getting annoying. I was wondering if plugging into either the low or high impendance headphones makes a difference? or would it be best to plug into rca?Im new to all this lol

Nov 4, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #903 of 1,340
I would definitely switch to foobar2000. You can tinker with all sorts of plugins, not just ASIO. There's multiple threads on the plugins on this forum. It sounds like you're still using Direct Sound mode. Once you transition to foobar just follow this:
Playback → Output → ASIO Virtual Devices → Add New
Add the "Musiland Monitor Series (USB)" you see there.
Then go back into Output and use the pull down to select "ASIO: Musiland Monitor Series (USB)".
This will enable ASIO bitperfect playback.

Definitely hook them up via RCA. The 3.5 jacks are pretty much for headphones. In fact, I don't use the Musiland for my desktop rig. I use the MM via RCA for my headphone amp. I have a standalone internal sound card for that purpose. I just switch between the two sources via Windows sound playback. You might want to consider that later on unless you don't do any headphone listening.

Nov 5, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #904 of 1,340

tbh i really dont want to switch to foobar. Too much tinkering for me, my head would EXPLODE trying to make it look as nice as i would want it to be. (it took me forever to get MM looking how i have it now lol)

Just found an rca cable, connected the cable that came with my a5 (converts rca to headphone) Is it just me or did my bass improve? Sounds a bit clearer, more bassy also. Is rca general noticeable improvement to a 3.5 headphone jack?

Im gonna search around for a ASIO plugin for mediamonkey. Thankks.

EDIT: So am i suppose to hear a difference between directsound and ASIO? I tried both i cant really hear much of a diference....tried FLAC and 320 compressed.
Quote:
I would definitely switch to foobar2000. You can tinker with all sorts of plugins, not just ASIO. There's multiple threads on the plugins on this forum. It sounds like you're still using Direct Sound mode. Once you transition to foobar just follow this:
Playback → Output → ASIO Virtual Devices → Add New
Add the "Musiland Monitor Series (USB)" you see there.
Then go back into Output and use the pull down to select "ASIO: Musiland Monitor Series (USB)".
This will enable ASIO bitperfect playback.

Definitely hook them up via RCA. The 3.5 jacks are pretty much for headphones. In fact, I don't use the Musiland for my desktop rig. I use the MM via RCA for my headphone amp. I have a standalone internal sound card for that purpose. I just switch between the two sources via Windows sound playback. You might want to consider that later on unless you don't do any headphone listening.

Nov 6, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #907 of 1,340
I tried to use the new driver from musiland.com.cn but it's only 320 kb and an error message says it's not a valid Windows application.
The 1.0.11 driver from CoolFunGadget's page ( http://coolfungadget.com/musiland/ ) installed but it just didn't work correctly, so I'm back to 1.0.9, which has worked perfectly.

Nov 6, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #908 of 1,340

lol..... oops. didn't pay attention to the size/assumed they can at least upload a complete file
Quote:
I tried to use the new driver from musiland.com.cn but it's only 320 kb and an error message says it's not a valid Windows application.
The 1.0.11 driver from CoolFunGadget's page ( http://coolfungadget.com/musiland/ ) installed but it just didn't work correctly, so I'm back to 1.0.9, which has worked perfectly.

Nov 6, 2010 at 5:49 AM Post #909 of 1,340
I still hear the hiss with the new driver
frown.gif

Nov 6, 2010 at 11:29 AM Post #910 of 1,340
Keep rolling the drivers back. One of them will make it go away. Took me a few to get it right.

Nov 7, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #914 of 1,340
I don't remember anymore. lol This one doesn't do it for ME though. haha

Nov 7, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #915 of 1,340
Alright guys, can someone please see if you can reproduce the issue. I am using Software version 1.0.7.0 but if you have another version its fine.

Whenever i start my Laptop after it goes into hibernate, there is this weird "fuzzy/static" behind my  audio. It goes away if i unplug and replug the MM02 but this is a pain in the ass. So far i resolved the issue by turning off hibernate, i just want to see if this is widespread or wth is going on with my unit lol.

*sigh* everything i bought with my financial aid money has issues. My laptop screen is black coming out of hibernate, my audioengine a5 overheat at loud volume, the MM02 has this tiny issue, my logitech wave goes on random "miss key strokes mode." (bought it refurbished though)

I like everything i purchased, but i cant help but to feel a bit of buyer's remorse with these issues. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back