Musiland Monitor 02 US
Sep 8, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #872 of 1,340
I had the same problem (ASIO didn't work properly) then reinstalled the driver 2-3 times. Since, it has been working well. I still don't know what the problem could be.

By the way, has anybody ever tried to replace the opamp with a better one?

Sep 8, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #873 of 1,340

Quote:
I had the same problem (ASIO didn't work properly) then reinstalled the driver 2-3 times. Since, it has been working well. I still don't know what the problem could be.

By the way, has anybody ever tried to replace the opamp with a better one?

I had the same idea haunting me. But I think I'm just gonna upgrade to MHDT Havana DAC and use 02US as a USB transport and connect it to Havana with spdif. 
smile.gif

I really love tube sound, but don't get me wrong. Musiland is great little piece, but it lacks musicality that makes you want to listen just music only, not your gear.

Also I'm getting quite a big upgrade in bass area with my DIY sub. 18" LMS-Ultra 5400 and Crown CE4000 amp. 
cool.gif

E: I just downgraded from 1.0.10.0 back to 1.0.8.4 and sound is hugely better. Bass was completely gone in newer drivers and highs became a bit too harsh. I also always had bluescreen with newer drivers when trying to shut down or restart win7.

Oct 12, 2010 at 7:01 AM Post #877 of 1,340
Hello,
Have anyone a schematics of output part of monitor 02 us? There seems to be PCM1793 - differential output - 275g opamp - and some ferrite beads&resistor dividers before linear output or what?

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #879 of 1,340

Quote:
*ignore my original post*

Will this dac really compliment Swan M200MKIIs?

Also, will I be fine running this dac with onboard audio?

That's for you to find out.

The Musiland will override your onboard as the primary dac.

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #880 of 1,340
Will the Frequency response range of (20Hz20KHz)+-0.1dB of the musiland monitor 02US be extended with introducing an amp to the audio chain?

Oct 28, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #881 of 1,340

Quote:
*ignore my original post*

Will this dac really compliment Swan M200MKIIs?

Also, will I be fine running this dac with onboard audio?

I do not know about the Swan butI just saw that there is a review in this forum about them and the user appears to have the M 02

I do know that the Musiland will work with the onboard audio still active. In fact, I needed it to do so. It works with both WinXP and now Win 7 pro. My wife can be watching a movie via the HTPC (Realtek onboard chip) in the living room. Meanwhile, my wireless headset base sends the music from the Musiland output to my room. The trick is that the Musiland is using ASIO and the Realtek is pointing to the Windows driver.

When I am alone, I get full control of the living room. That's when the real fun starts. With the M 02 at 192upsampled or source, cPlay and to a lesser (but still great extent), Foobar2K, throw a superb wide and 3D soundstage.

Oct 29, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #882 of 1,340
Here's one solution for those of you who's MM02 snaps and crackles. - WARNING! MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T LEAVE YOUR COMPUTER UNPROTECTED!! - Try disabling Windows Defender/Microsoft Security Essentials realtime protection. I got this tip from another hifi forum. Good luck, worked for me. Sorry if this has already been suggested.

Oct 30, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #884 of 1,340

Quote:
Freeesh drivers, freeeesh drivers... (not really my problem anymore, but yea, I was checking for MD11 ones)

v1.0.11 

http://www.musiland.com.cn/downloads/drivers/MlCyMon_1.0.11.0_build20101029.exe

Is there any improvement at all. I had a problem with the last current driver and had to roll it back.

Oct 30, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #885 of 1,340
no idea. try it yourself and let everyone know. or in a couple of days google for the full url of the link above and use google translate to get the (unofficial) change log from musiland bbs or wherever else

worst thing happens - you waste half an hour and then roll back to the old driver, and you may get extra features or something if you do try.

musiland really should provide an RSS for the drivers/firmware and have an official changelog... Shame they can make a dac but can't think of a simple courtesy for the users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back