Musiland Monitor 02 US
Jul 31, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #796 of 1,340

I felt the same with 1.0.10.0.  I felt it doesn't seem to sound as good as 1.0.9.0.
I'm sticking with 1.0.9.0 now since I have no issue with it.

Quote:
Hmmm.... changed from 1.0.8.4 to 1.0.10.0 and noticed that bass level is decreased?!

Placebo or did it really happen? Sounds more bright and harsh now, and I'm using line out.

Aug 2, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #798 of 1,340
Which is the most reliable and stable driver for Win7 64?

If I adjust the volume in foobar or win mixer instead of my amplifier's, will I loose any bit of music quality?

How long USB cable can I use maximum without any problem?

Thanks!

Aug 3, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #800 of 1,340
So I just got this device in the mail. However, it looks like I won't even be able to try it out yet, as I have a problem that is confounding me.

When I connect the Musiland to the USB port, the headphone LED lights up momentarily but then turns off and shifts to the speaker LED. When I connect my headphones thereafter, I don't get any sound. However, the speakers connected to it work fine. Does anybody know how to configure it for my headphones? I'm connecting it to a Lenovo Y550 with Windows Vista.

Aug 3, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #803 of 1,340
Can't stand waiting for mine :D I ordered it yesterday. Maybe I will put it into my amplifier's metalbox inside, so small in the pictures :)

Aug 3, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #804 of 1,340

Quote:
Which is the most reliable and stable driver for Win7 64?

If I adjust the volume in foobar or win mixer instead of my amplifier's, will I loose any bit of music quality?

How long USB cable can I use maximum without any problem?

Thanks!

What I heard is as short as possible. I am using a USB cable with length 1.5ft

Aug 5, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #805 of 1,340
How many in here are hard core gamers (PC not Xbox) using the Musiland Monitor 02?

I picked up a Prelude, but I was seriously considering going the STX route instead and seeing if I like Dolby HP better but then I came across this product.

I would also be curious what product would be the "next best" after this one if you wanted to go with something that did not require a sound card.

Aug 6, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #806 of 1,340

Quote:
How many in here are hard core gamers (PC not Xbox) using the Musiland Monitor 02?

I picked up a Prelude, but I was seriously considering going the STX route instead and seeing if I like Dolby HP better but then I came across this product.

I would also be curious what product would be the "next best" after this one if you wanted to go with something that did not require a sound card.

I'm using it here for gaming. I also have a Creative Titanium too and switch between the two.

Aug 6, 2010 at 11:06 AM Post #807 of 1,340
Hi guys, I'm considering the 02 monitor for some time, and it's time to order, so last thoughts. I'll be using it with this setup - laptop -> winamp -> musiland -> akg k242hd. I listen mostly to rock, but also alternative, metal, classical... I've read the whole thread, and yet can you give me some hints what to expect? Thanks.

ps. for now the soundcard I'm using is creative x-fi go!

Aug 6, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #808 of 1,340
If you like your music loud, the built-in amp will probably not drive your k242 to a sufficient volume.

Aug 6, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #809 of 1,340
I don't care about the loudness (I can drive them to a sufficient listening level with my current setup). Sound fidelity and overall improvement over the the onboard and creative x-fi cards is what matters.

Aug 6, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #810 of 1,340
So, Which is the driver I should try at first when MM02 arrives? What is the best version?
I use Win7 64 bit system.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back