Musiland Monitor 02 US
Nov 21, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #182 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by head hunter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have got a message back from Musiland, but it's only a load of weird symbols and heiroglyphs, is this right, I was expecting an alphanumeric key code, like normal software ones.

The key should be an attatched file that you copy to the correct folder.

Nov 21, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #183 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unneeded. The 'AUTO' mode will set it to whatever the file is anyway.

Correct me if i am wrong, but on the latest drivers both 1.0.6.0 and 1.0.7.0 they have removed the AUTO function from the sound frequency control. Yes, there was an auto function on the 1.0.3.2 driver, but since then ive found no auto setting. From my understanding by setting the newer drivers to 192khz this is the max quality it will use, not nessarily upscaling it just adjusts to the audio which is currently playing (much like auto)

Say i play a 48khz mp3 file, on the musiland control panel mixer tab it will show 48khz in the current SR. This is even with the frequency set to 192khz.

Iam honestly not sure, but it does not seem to be upscaling, when i force it to 192khz more just allows that quality to be played.

Nov 22, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #185 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, as I cannot be stuffed searching...

You only have to search one page back in this thread. (Hint: it's at the top of the page, first post)

Thanks to coolfungadget for putting it all together in the "Index of /musiland" page on his site.

Nov 23, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #186 of 1,340
Wow, i only ordered last Wednesday morning and got it today. Must have been the most effcient process ive come across. Pay Pal and eBay work great together!

I managed to catch the courier at the end of my street as i was going to work today, so i have it in my hot little hands but have to wait till i get home to give my Grado 225i's a blast! Cannot wait i tell you!

Nov 23, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #187 of 1,340
Just upgraded from 1.0.2.7 to 1.0.6.0, following coolfungadget's instructions. (that was the 1st driver upgrade). Strange enough, it did NOT tell me upon PC restart and Mon02 re-connexion "licence invalid". I checked that the installed driver is the 1.0.6.0. Everything installs properly in Foobar, but playback refuses to start... (although sampling freq appears in the Monitor panel and at the bottom of foobar's screen).

Does it mean the firmware is the same for the 2 driver versions ???? (the 1.0.2.7 was the one sold with the Mon02). Or did something not work ???

Nov 24, 2009 at 10:50 AM Post #189 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by sadhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry, I'm quite stupid (or blind?) , the "invalid license" appears in the title bar....

Sadhill please look at this great website coolfungadget has put together for drivers and if you look towards the bottom it says "update firmware.html"

Indirect link: Index of /musiland

Direct link: Musiland Monitor 01US/01USD/01MINI/02US Firmware Update Guide

If you click on the link, it gives you a detailed guide inorder to show you how to upgrade your firmware for your musiland. Once you have upgraded your firmware you can then use the newer drivers.

Unfortunately to obtain the firmware you must email musiland with your serial and model PLUS a file called 'licence.dat' (all detailed in the guide). If you follow the steps any layout the email exactly as described you will recieve an automated response from musiland giving you the 'License.key' file that you need to install the new firmware.

Other resources to find out information about updating firmware:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/mu...0/index27.html

And i know coolfungadget made us an account to log onto musilands forums so we can view their instructions too, but their website has recently changed so i dont know if it is still there.

Nov 25, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #190 of 1,340
ok tired of it now, anyone want to buy a brand new unused 02, I have had it over a week. and as of yet have not heard it, I have tried everything, I now have this key file from musiland, I have loaded everything twice, whenever i click on the musiland program activation bar, all I get is nothing, the computer just goes back to the desktop screen.

This thing is just to complex, I need something I can plug in and it works, or the driver disc works properly, I have never been so dissapointed, and frustrated, with a piece of audio kit ever.

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #191 of 1,340
Quote:

ok tired of it now, anyone want to buy a brand new unused 02, I have had it over a week. and as of yet have not heard it, I have tried everything, I now have this key file from musiland, I have loaded everything twice, whenever i click on the musiland program activation bar, all I get is nothing, the computer just goes back to the desktop screen.

This thing is just to complex, I need something I can plug in and it works, or the driver disc works properly, I have never been so dissapointed, and frustrated, with a piece of audio kit ever.

I suggest you review your drivers for your computer, it may be a sound driver conflict. Maybe by disabling onboard sound and fiddling with settings to make the musiland default. And or it could be your usb drivers, i would definately be trying the installing it on another computer and see how it goes.

Also you may want to check to see if the installation is completing properly, and running MlCyMon.exe in the processes tab. If not try restarting and see if it auto loads.

Try downloading the firmware update tool again. If you havent loaded the key to the tool ( license.key should be in the same folder as that firmware update tool) you won't be able to use the newer driver. You could also try using an older driver say, 1.0.3.2 instead just to confirm the functionality of the unit. This will elimate efforts to update firmware.

But you may need to spend abit of time, giving people here detailed information about your problems. And the process you have taken to do this. Without this information we can't help you. Also me and many other people have had no problems installing or running the musiland, which might be an indication that you have not set it up properly.

Nov 25, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #192 of 1,340
what i have done so far is printed the instructions from Cool fun Gadget, so I had something to follow, then downloaded, 1.06 driver, then the firmware update, created the licence.dat file, e.mailed it to musiland, then added their attatchment to, MICyMonAct, I have a program that says musiland monitor, when I click on it, message comes up, asking if you want to allow progam, I click on allow, the message dissapears, and absolutely nothing happens.

Nov 26, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #193 of 1,340
Ok have set the whole thing up, on my p.c as suggested, and guess what, yep it's working, the pc is 6 yrs old, the laptop 8 months, go figure, I really need this thing to work via the laptop, the pc, is running XP pro, the laptop Vista Home prem, the laptop is obviously under warranty, is their any obvious fault that would cause it not to play ball, it is a compaq presario CQ 70 which is fairly low end these days.

many many thanks for all advice so far, I could never, with my limited computer skills, due to advancing age, have hoped to have got this running without this forum.

Nov 26, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #194 of 1,340
Quote:

Ok have set the whole thing up, on my p.c as suggested, and guess what, yep it's working, the pc is 6 yrs old, the laptop 8 months, go figure, I really need this thing to work via the laptop, the pc, is running XP pro, the laptop Vista Home prem, the laptop is obviously under warranty, is their any obvious fault that would cause it not to play ball, it is a compaq presario CQ 70 which is fairly low end these days.

many many thanks for all advice so far, I could never, with my limited computer skills, due to advancing age, have hoped to have got this running without this forum.

Alrite so we have confirmed the musiland works. When you installed the musiland on your desktop computer, what driver did you install? 1.0.6.0?

When you have updated the firmware, you only need to do it once. Once it is updated, you can then install just the driver onto any computer you use the musiland with.

NOTE: This is a big note, you can only update the firmware on a 32bit version of windows, so this means Windows XP 32bit and Vista 32bit. I have vista premium 64bit and it is unable to run on my computer, which forced me to use my other desktop which is windows xp 32bit. But once the musiland's firmware is updated you can install the driver onto your 64bit version and the device will work fine. No need to update firmware again, this means the whole process of using MICyMonAct and licence.dat + licence.key.

I really think this is your problem, either your trying to run the firmware update more then once or you couldnt update the firmware on your laptop which could possibly be vista 64bit.

If this is the case, you will be able to update the firmware on your desktop. You can test this has worked by installing the 1.0.6.0 driver on your desktop and see if the musiland works after your firmware update.

Then if this is successful, try installing the 1.0.6.0 driver onto your laptop and see how this works.

Nov 26, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #195 of 1,340
Hi Ravin, the version I used was 1.06.0, in both instances, I tried doing exactly the same on the PC, as I had done on the laptop, if that didn't work, I was then going to roll back to an earlier version eg 1.03, but no need, it worked straight away and according to Control Panel-System, on the laptop the Vista is 32bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back