Musiland Monitor 02 US
Nov 6, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #151 of 1,340
yes it is really noticeable noise..but i solve this too
smily_headphones1.gif
i tried another laptop charging adapter and there is no noise at all
smily_headphones1.gif

finally there is not any problem and i am enjoying with it.

here is my impressions,
-sound is much more clear when i compare sansa fuze line out.
-bass freq. is more refined and tight.
-finally there is no shrillness when violins play sharp. but i hear some sibilance at some vocals , it is also connected recording quality..
-someone must warn musiland company,every word written chinese in the box,even a music player program...it is not a good start if they want to be global.

**i think amp of musiland 02 is just average. sound is good but mkiii looks much better. if you don't have money to get desktop amp,it is okay to use when saving money for a good amp. also i don't believe to drive akg k701 properly.

Nov 7, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #153 of 1,340
How does this compare to the Zero DAC and Aune MKII?

Nov 7, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #154 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by witness /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i learned to use asio everything is okay now,except one thing
frown.gif

i am using musiland 02 with my laptop,when the laptop is charging, sounds very noisy. if i remove the adapter the noise goes to.

have ever tried it with laptop,do you have same problem? also do you think if i buy a filter or something like that,can i solve this problem?

This might be what you're looking for:
USB Isolator. « Circuits@Home

Nov 9, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #157 of 1,340
after a few days, now i think musiland 02 internal amp might be better than average. i mean i couldn't heard any difference between little dot mki+ and musiland 02. honestly musiland presents more lively and realistic without any shrillness.

but definitely mkiii has warmer sound and also better sound stage capabilities when i compare musiland 02.

for some noise issues,maybe monster cable hts 1000 might be a solution. i will buy this one and see changes.

Nov 10, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #159 of 1,340
After a quite painful Musiland02 setup on my XP PC (I had to remove all existing sound drivers, EMU 0404 and ASIO4ALL drivers, deactivate MB integrated sound card...), I eventually got it to work BUT what surprises me is that Musiland02 ASIO driver seems to work through the Windows KMixer... (level can be adjusted in the Windows control panel). I thought this was considered bad, as Windows introduces some disturbance in the flow.

This does not happen with ASIO4ALL, but then strange behaviour occurs in the Musiland control panel (sound going through the WDM row instead of the ASIO row).

On my laptop, sound goes through the right ASIO raw, but sliders and vu-meters are inefficient....

Did anyone come across the same KMixer problem ?

Nov 10, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #160 of 1,340
i have tried musiland 02 internal amp with beyerdynamic dt 880 250 ohms version and musiland could drive it perfectly. so akg k701 can be driven by musiland 02 amp properly.

Nov 11, 2009 at 11:51 AM Post #161 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by sadhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After a quite painful Musiland02 setup on my XP PC (I had to remove all existing sound drivers, EMU 0404 and ASIO4ALL drivers, deactivate MB integrated sound card...), I eventually got it to work BUT what surprises me is that Musiland02 ASIO driver seems to work through the Windows KMixer... (level can be adjusted in the Windows control panel). I thought this was considered bad, as Windows introduces some disturbance in the flow.

This does not happen with ASIO4ALL, but then strange behaviour occurs in the Musiland control panel (sound going through the WDM row instead of the ASIO row).

On my laptop, sound goes through the right ASIO raw, but sliders and vu-meters are inefficient....

Did anyone come across the same KMixer problem ?

Hi, im a new user of musiland 02 too. I have a similar problem. I own a X-fi on my pc, and i isntall the asio4allv2. I have winamp and foobar for playback.

With winamp and asio output (sounds bad.. with glitches when changing songs) but in the musiland control panel says output go throug ASIO.
When usin foobar and asio output, always says WDM output on musiland panel.

any idea to config foobar with asio?

Nov 11, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #162 of 1,340
I forgot to say that I'm using Foobar. ASIO setup in Foobar is quite straightforward : select the output device (Musiland ASIO if properly installed), and then configure it in the "ASIO virtual devices", that is check if the sides are properly set up. For Musiland ASIO, I could not adjust anything else, whereas for ASIO4ALL you can access the ASIO4ALL panel and have further adjustments made.

Nov 14, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #163 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does this compare to the Zero DAC and Aune MKII?

Considering many people rate the Asus Essence STX over the Zero DAC and many people (including me) rate this Musiland over a opamp-upgraded Essence STX....
Never heard of the Aune MKIII.
Anyway, without digging though pages, what is the long process of getting the updated drivers again that reported improves 44.1 kHz playback significantly?
As with a lots of integrated amps into cards / DACs, don't expect miracles from them in terms of quality. I'm line-out-ing mine to my Rockhopper M^3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back