Musiland Monitor 02 US
Oct 30, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #106 of 1,340
It was working just fine all week. Then all of a sudden I get a blue screen and now Windows doesn't recognize it and says the driver is at fault.

One thing is there's no power switch so I just leave it on 24/7. Not sure if this may have caused any problem but how am I suppose to power it off when not in use, unplug it? I don't think so, too much hassle so I just leave it powered up.

Oct 31, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #107 of 1,340
I turned off my PC and then unplugged the USB cable from my PC. I booted it back up and then connected the USB cable and Windows recognized the Musiland Monitor 02 US device and loaded the correct drivers that I had previously loaded from the CD that came with it. I had to reconfigure Foobar to use the device and all is back to normal now. That was weird how it just stopped working and gave me the Blue Screen of Death (BSD). Hope that never happens again.

Does anyone know where drivers can be download? An updated driver is maybe what I need, but where would I look to see if new drivers are available?

Oct 31, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #108 of 1,340
I think this is the latest driver --> http://www.musiland.com.cn/downloads...on_1.0.5.0.zip

I just got mine today and it came with a CD with driver version 1.0.3.0. Using the CD driver works fine on my W7-64bit and WinXP-32bit. When I installed the 1.0.5.0 driver on my W7-64bit it installed fine but there was no sound even after a reboot, the Monitor 02 control panel was showing "Warning: License invalid"

Does anybody know if there's any difference between the 1 & 2 headphone output? I have a Denon D5000 and would like to know if it matters w/c one I plug it to.

--
oni

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotHead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I turned off my PC and then unplugged the USB cable from my PC. I booted it back up and then connected the USB cable and Windows recognized the Musiland Monitor 02 US device and loaded the correct drivers that I had previously loaded from the CD that came with it. I had to reconfigure Foobar to use the device and all is back to normal now. That was weird how it just stopped working and gave me the Blue Screen of Death (BSD). Hope that never happens again.

Does anyone know where drivers can be download? An updated driver is maybe what I need, but where would I look to see if new drivers are available?

Oct 31, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #109 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by onixuser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think this is the latest driver --> http://www.musiland.com.cn/downloads...on_1.0.5.0.zip

I just got mine today and it came with a CD with driver version 1.0.3.0. Using the CD driver works fine on my W7-64bit and WinXP-32bit. When I installed the 1.0.5.0 driver on my W7-64bit it installed fine but there was no sound even after a reboot, the Monitor 02 control panel was showing "Warning: License invalid"

Does anybody know if there's any difference between the 1 & 2 headphone output? I have a Denon D5000 and would like to know if it matters w/c one I plug it to.

--
oni

Headphone jack 1 is for high impenitence cans while Headphone jack 2 is for low impenitence cans.

Oct 31, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #110 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by onixuser /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So the latest driver version 1.0.5.0 said it installed correctly yet gave warnings and no sound on your Windows 7-64bit system? Flakey drivers are the biggest pain. I sure hope this is not going to be the case with this devise. That was the first time its happened and hopefully the last. Stable drivers are a must!

By the way do you guys leave the MM 02 US powered on 24/7? There's no power switch so that's what I do. Can't see an easy solution to keeeping it powered on other than unplugging it wich would be a pita to have to do all the time.

Oct 31, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #111 of 1,340
Quote:

So the latest driver version 1.0.5.0 said it installed correctly yet gave warnings and no sound on your Windows 7-64bit system? Flakey drivers are the biggest pain. I sure hope this is not going to be the case with this devise. That was the first time its happened and hopefully the last. Stable drivers are a must!

By the way do you guys leave the MM 02 US powered on 24/7? There's no power switch so that's what I do. Can't see an easy solution to keeeping it powered on other than unplugging it wich would be a pita to have to do all the time.

When the computer is off, the sound card can detect that and turn itself off. Please test and see if it works on your computer.

Oct 31, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #112 of 1,340
The sound card has a power cord and its always powered on. The red light on the front is always on no matter if computer is on or off.

I did notice that when I unplugged the USB cable from the computer that the red light went off. Is it also suppose to go off when I turn the computer off? It does not go off when computer is powered off. The red light stays on when computer is turned off.

Maybe I have a defective one since light stays on all the time and it already crashed on me and I have only had it a few weeks.

Oct 31, 2009 at 11:58 AM Post #113 of 1,340
Get a multi-board
tongue.gif
lol, problem solved.

Some mobos leave power running to the usb ports even while off. Take a look at your bios settings i suppose?

Oct 31, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #114 of 1,340
Quote:

The sound card has a power cord and its always powered on. The red light on the front is always on no matter if computer is on or off.

I did notice that when I unplugged the USB cable from the computer that the red light went off. Is it also suppose to go off when I turn the computer off? It does not go off when computer is powered off. The red light stays on when computer is turned off.

Maybe I have a defective one since light stays on all the time and it already crashed on me and I have only had it a few weeks.

On my unit when I unplug the USB cable or shut off the computer the front light turns off.

Oct 31, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #115 of 1,340
If I use optical on my Mac will this little box work?

Oct 31, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #117 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolfungadget /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When the computer is off, the sound card can detect that and turn itself off. Please test and see if it works on your computer.

Coolfungadget, I bought this from you off eBay. Mine does not turn off like its suppose to when I power off my computer. I also had a computer crash yesterday where the drive just decided to take a crap. Not sure what caused the crash and driver issue. But the light staying on when the computer is off is very annoying and according to you, is not how its suppose to work. Others have chimed in saying theirs turns off when computer is off. So it sounds like I may have a defective one. What should I do?

Nov 1, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #118 of 1,340
Well I went to my audio store today to show the owner the Monitor 02 US and he was very impressed with the unit. A DAC that does 24-bit/192khz and can also output DD and DTS and sound more like a $400+ DAC that cost $150!? He calls it's a huge bargain and great for $150 shipped.

It keeps getting better and better.

Nov 1, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #119 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperDuel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On my unit when I unplug the USB cable or shut off the computer the front light turns off.

Although I can't see how it would make a difference, what OS are you running? Why doesn't my Monitor 02 US detect when the computer is turned off? It detects when the USB cable is unplugged and turns itself off then, but it does not power off when my PC is shut down. It's kinda disappointed now that I'm reading it powers off for other owners, but not me. I paid $150 for it and it should work the same way for me as it does for everyone else
frown.gif

Nov 1, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #120 of 1,340
Quote:

Although I can't see how it would make a difference, what OS are you running? Why doesn't my Monitor 02 US detect when the computer is turned off? It detects when the USB cable is unplugged and turns itself off then, but it does not power off when my PC is shut down. It's kinda disappointed now that I'm reading it powers off for other owners, but not me. I paid $150 for it and it should work the same way for me as it does for everyone else
frown.gif

XP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back