Musiland Monitor 02 US
Oct 29, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #91 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperDuel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there's still some cracking noise on the right channel via ASIO mode.

they have a fix for glitches on the right channel over USB: ±±¾©ÀÖÖ®°îµç×ӿƼ¼ÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾
L3000.gif

Google Translate
Quote:

improve the USB output to SVDAC, the right channel is crackling sonic boom from time to time [..] increases the length of the buffer

Oct 29, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #92 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they have a fix for glitches on the right channel over USB: ±±¾©ÀÖÖ®°îµç×ӿƼ¼ÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾
L3000.gif

Google Translate

How do you install this?

Actually the problem was foobar2000. For some reason doesn't matter what setting I do in foobar I keep getting cracking noise on the right channel and sometimes on the left one. I start using Winamp again and it works via ASIO. What?

Anyway once again does anyone know how to install this?

Oct 30, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #94 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by dex85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this little thing keeps amazing me. i'm definitely going to buy one.

final question - are analog outputs fixed or variable? if variable i guess volume is digitally controlled since there is no visible pot on the unit.

digitally controlled via the control panel program in Windows.

Oct 30, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #96 of 1,340
Quote:

That .reg file did the trick. Didn't hear any cracking noise anymore.

seek and you shall find
wink.gif

anyway, it's a windows ACPI bug fix more than anything else...many manufacturers advise to change this *undocumented* registry key to smooth USB/firewire operations
devil_face.gif

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #98 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninkul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Currently the dealbreaker for me is the fact the RCA outputs are on the front :\ -not great for cable management. I suppose i could use some ultra-short RCAs and put this behind my amp.

I didn't find it as a problem since I can use the RCA jacks for an amp if I get one.

Oct 30, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #99 of 1,340
Quote:

I didn't find it as a problem since I can use the RCA jacks for an amp if I get one.

Oh i meant.. I can forsee messy cabling, but... Eh i decided to buy anyway. Joined the bandwagon of everyone liking it. If i don't like it i'll just sell it and go with my original plan. If its value for money i'll definitely keep it. It looks tiny too so i could always use it as a portable desktop replacement!
tongue.gif

Oct 30, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #100 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolfungadget /img/forum/go_quote.gif
digitally controlled via the control panel program in Windows.

thanks
smile.gif

Oct 30, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #101 of 1,340
whats your opinions about amp function for this magic sound card
smily_headphones1.gif

*i've just bought it from hifikanon (it's on the way) and i will with little dot mkiii to drive my rs1.
*but some users say mkiii is not a good choice for akg k702. so do you think musiland 02 us can drive properly k702? is there any user who tried k702 with musiland 02?
thanks,

Oct 30, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #102 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by witness /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whats your opinions about amp function for this magic sound card
smily_headphones1.gif

*i've just bought it from hifikanon (it's on the way) and i will with little dot mkiii to drive my rs1.
*but some users say mkiii is not a good choice for akg k702. so do you think musiland 02 us can drive properly k702? is there any user who tried k702 with musiland 02?
thanks,

I know that this DAC can go up to 300 ohms.

For my SR225i it does a great job driving them, but I feel that I could use an amp just for a change of sound I guess. Currently I'm trying to find a tube amp just to see if I really need an amp or not.

Oct 30, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #103 of 1,340
from my experiences (with sr125) just a well-refined portable amp can drive perfectly. i guess 02 us great for sr225. if you want "warm sound" no need to buy more then little dot i+
as you know k702 needs more then an amp. synergy fact also important. so its very important to know driving abilities of 02 us.

Oct 30, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #104 of 1,340
The USB connection just crashed my computer (blue screen) and now the driver is no longer recognized. I'm running Window 7 Ultimate (64-bit). Are there any new updated drivers for the Musiland Monitor 02 US for download?

Oct 30, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #105 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by HotHead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The USB connection just crashed my computer (blue screen) and now the driver is no longer recognized. I'm running Window 7 Ultimate (64-bit). Are there any new updated drivers for the Musiland Monitor 02 US for download?

Ouch, does it works in 32-bit mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back