Musiland Monitor 01 USD 24/192 USB to SPDIF
Dec 10, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #707 of 905
**noob ques alert**

before i start finding random people and sending them pms, I hope people will answer my post in this thread.

- I'm using Monitor 01 US version. In the equalizer, i have WDM highlighted and used instead of ASIO. which one is better, do i need to switch, if so, how?

- I'm using Windows Media Player, how can i sample high quality 24/192 files.
In the Current SR: equalizer, it highlights 192 with blue circle over it. Do i need to change that? will it affect my sound quality?

-last ques: when i get my little dot mark 3 amp, how do i use this thing as DAC only? same method as right now but don't use the built in 3.5mm jack, right?

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #708 of 905
Quote:

Originally Posted by David.M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
before i start finding random people and sending them pms, I hope people will answer my post in this thread.

Haha don't feel too bad about that, I happily answered and helped as much as I possibly could and I'm sure anyone else in this thread would have as well, and would have answered every question you had from memory. You just happened to pick the one name that had little knowledge of the Monitor series
tongue.gif

BTW: You didn't say anything about ASIO in your PM to me, I do know a fair bit about that. Select that if you can figure out how to configure it, and if not, I'll try to help you out as much as I can. Here is the link to a thread that can help you configure ASIO, scroll down past the EAC and Foobar2000 parts, ASIO is the third part (don't know how Musiland's ASIO driver looks, this page describes how to use ASIO4ALL, also he uses Foobar2000 not Windows Media Player so you will need to interpret it for your needs a bit). I'm going to put the link to this back in my signature...I just took it out yesterday, and now someone could have used it! Good timing eh?
wink.gif

If you can't figure out ASIO from that thread PM me again.

Dec 14, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #709 of 905
Well I finally put in my 5 270uF 16V Sanyo SP Oscon to my 01 usd. Only 12hrs burn in on them but already huge differences. Sounds more powerful, deeper bass, richer midrange and more air all round, like a whole system upgrade. Not bad for £5.

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:39 AM Post #710 of 905
Hi.
I'm considering buying this little device, so I've read this thread to page 20, but I haven't found what's the difference between the old and the new model except usb2 support (I'd like to buy a used device). Another thing - does it really works with win7 x64? Because I asked the seller on ebay and he replied it does not. (any chances for linux?)
Forgot to mention, I'd like to plug it in Dispre2 V4 via the stereo RCA.
Thanks

Dec 15, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #713 of 905
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
guess i'll ask again...is the BNC ouput native 75R or does one need to mod it in order to get it to 75R.

If so , what kind of mods?

Would like to know too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back