Musiland MD-10
Jun 9, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #211 of 269
I am thinking about getting the musiland, how does it compare to fubar II as a DAC? Need the USB input as i'll be using it with my laptop mainly.

Jun 9, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #212 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by tz3ling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am thinking about getting the musiland, how does it compare to fubar II as a DAC? Need the USB input as i'll be using it with my laptop mainly.

I replaced a Fubar in my office setup with the MD-10. The MD-10 is much more flexible in terms of inputs (BNC, RCA, toslink SPDIF and USB) and output with the ability to turn upsampling on and off. Plus to my ears the Musiland has greater soundstage depth and a more pleasing frequency balance, especially when I switch from headphones to speakers.

Jun 12, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #213 of 269
Can the headphone jack also function as a line out? If so, is it equal in quality to the RCAs? I'm asking since if I were to buy this DAC, I would like to use my existing mini-RCA cable.

Jun 13, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #214 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can the headphone jack also function as a line out? If so, is it equal in quality to the RCAs? I'm asking since if I were to buy this DAC, I would like to use my existing mini-RCA cable.

Well...obviously, you can plug your mini to RCA cable into the headphone jack and then into another amplifier, but it will then be amplified twice. I would imagine that this would have a detrimental effect on the sound, but I couldn't tell you exactly what or why. You might look at some sort of female RCA-female mini adapter?

Anyway, to go ahead and kill two birds with one stone...er...post...I got my Musiland MD-10 in yesterday and have just spent a couple of hours listening to it, and...well I don't really have anything to compare it to, but I have no complaints so far!
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #215 of 269
Does anyone know where I can find some guidance on how to mod an MD10? I keep reading that a few upgraded parts can make it sound even better, but I cannot find out specifically what to do.

Jun 27, 2007 at 10:09 AM Post #216 of 269
How would it compare to quality soundcards like the E-MU 1212M/ESI Juli@/Terratec Phase24FW?
I'm planning to use it as a pre-amp to my power-amp, no headphone use at all, so i'm mainly interested in the volume control, is it analogue or digital just like you would adjust it in the soundcard's mixer software which goes with great loss of dynamics.

Jun 28, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #217 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by ernie-c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How would it compare to quality soundcards like the E-MU 1212M/ESI Juli@/Terratec Phase24FW?

It depends mostly on the taste of the listeners. I know one who prefer his Terratec Phase x24fw to his Aqvox 2 USB and Corda Opera. The x24fw delivers more details to him. But keep in mind that the x24fw is better than the 24fw. And there are many people who would prefer the Aqvox 2 USB or the DAC in the Corda Opera.
The Musiland MD10 is not so neutral. Some like how it sounds other not. I hope the Great March 2 is a real champ regarding neutrality in the sub 500$ range. It cost 425$ at pacificvalve.us

Best for you would be to hear a MD10 for yourself. If you like it´s sound or not ist the important thing.

Jul 31, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #219 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphsci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
with the ability to turn upsampling on and off.

Could someone explain to me how to do that ?

I have a Musiland M10 but it came without any manual.

When I connect it to my computer (via USB) or my Oppo 970 (via coax) the best I can reach is 44.1 Khz. Anyway to do better ? does it even matter ? Will the sound be better at 192 Khz ??

I run Foobar2000 on my computer.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Pierre

Aug 5, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #220 of 269
Petyot, you will need an upsampler I believe, such as the SRC10.

I myself am interested in purchasing the Musiland SRC10. I currently use the MD10 connected via USB to my laptop to, dare I say it, iTunes. How would I connect the SRC10 to the chain? Would it be worth it for my system (see sig)?

Sep 6, 2007 at 2:32 PM Post #223 of 269
Hm, anyone have an idea why I get noise at higher volume? Solutions?
I also I have it on the earphone out, before I used the ld amp I thought it was just the amplification on the earphone out that was crap.

Sep 18, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #224 of 269
My MD10 that I bought from hifi.Shanghai in June seems to have broken. I wasn't even using it at the time, I just heard a popping sound and turned around and the screen had gone out. I'm really gutted because I use it every day and I'm also worried about where I stand about getting it replaced or fixed! I've tried changing the fuse but that hasn't helped. Does anyone have any advice? I've emailed them and waiting for a reply back at the moment.

frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back