Musiland MD-10
Mar 29, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #197 of 269
Are you sure that the svdac05 and the MD-10 are the same? They look very similar on the outside, but not so inside, judging from the pictures on the web. I cannot open my MD-10 without destroying the warranty seals, so I don't know whether any opamp tuning would be possible - are these only for the headphone amp, or also for the RCA outs? I would be surprised if the DAC chip produces 3V all by itself. Also, the web description of the svdac05 says that it has a certain type of USB interface, which is most likely different from the USB 1.1 interface in the MD-10. Anyway, I hope the svdac05 does not sound better than the MD-10, otherwise I would have made the wrong purchase, not knowing about it earlier.

Mar 29, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #198 of 269
i think the opamp in MD-10 is for the analog stage after the DAC chip. The headphone amp section, as per the DAC description i've read somewhere is "Class A MOSFET Amplification."

Mar 30, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #199 of 269
Can someone compare the sound quality of Headroom Microdac to Musiland?

Apr 4, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #200 of 269
I am waiting for my Musiland and can't wait till I compare it with my memmories with DAC-AH!

Apr 4, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #201 of 269
....And I bought it from HiFI-Shanghai, eBay. Dun Zhou, the owner is a wonderful guy. He is very helpful and promptly respond to whatever query you have.
It seems that MUSILAND price is going to be raised by 50% in near future. I was there at the right time if It is correct.
It costs more than ZhaLou. Has it got better SQ than it?

Apr 5, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #202 of 269
I am comparing the MD10 to nothing anything more. Too busy on enjoying the music. MD10 has never gotten in the way.

Apr 8, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #203 of 269
Is it better than Zhaolu? It is more expensive than Zhaolu. I realized that only after ordering it sort of impulsive buying!!

Apr 8, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #204 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it better than Zhaolu? It is more expensive than Zhaolu. I realized that only after ordering it sort of impulsive buying!!

Send your Musiland to me for comparison, and I would be happy to tell you...

Apr 9, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #205 of 269
wouldn't it better if you send it to me here!!
eggosmile.gif

Musiland can only receive 16bit 48KHz maximum through its USB as many other dacs do. it is using PCM2704 for usb receivr chip.

10.jpg

Apr 9, 2007 at 7:30 AM Post #206 of 269
More pictures and details can be found here.
Its a translated chinese page. So some errors in language. But they seem to be having rather strange attitude regarding MD10.

Apr 11, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #207 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....And I bought it from HiFI-Shanghai, eBay. Dun Zhou, the owner is a wonderful guy. He is very helpful and promptly respond to whatever query you have.

thanks for your comments, hifi.shanghai is my ID on ebay.
the first dispatching was rejected due to security check (magnetism) by Chinese custom. They randomly select 5% of packages for this kind of check. unfortunately your package was selected. Of course, usually electronic devices cannot pass magnetism check. They returned MD10 back to shanghai. DHL distributor in Shanghai sent it again to Hongkong custom last weekend. If package passes check, the tracking number will be activated tommorrow evening (European time), the latest time will be the day after tommorrow's morning.

May 28, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #209 of 269
Well, I finally received my Musiland after Canada customs decided to hi-jack it for about 11 days, and as luck would have it, I'm moving tomorrow, so I won't even be able to set up for another couple of days. Arghhh!
mad.gif

Still, it's nice to finally have it in my possession. I'm still waiting for my WooAudio6 to arrive too, so I guess it's not that bad. On second thought, it sucks @!$#

May 31, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #210 of 269
So I've had about a day now to listen to this unit (bought it used off of pageman99 so it's already "pre-cooked"). I'm going usb out of my computer and then lineout into my Tomahawk, using either my HD600s or custom E500s, and I have to say that I'm really loving the sound.

I think the slightly bright nature of the Musiland pairs really nicely with both the Senns and the Shures, which both have slightly rolled off highs.

Can't wait to hear what my setup will sound like once I pop the WA6 into the chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back