Musiland 01 vs 02 for powering Beyerdynamic DT 880 600 ohms
Sep 16, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #4 of 6
Hello Jonnieos

I have to say that after reading your question I was curious to get the answer. I own a Musiland US 02 and I just tried it with my AKG K240 Sextett MP (600 Ohms) and was pleasently surprised. Don't expect a very detail amplifier section but the volume was adequate at 50% and the BASS was not underpower at all. The output #2 seem to have a higher gain.

So to answer your question Yes it can drive 600 Ohms headphone (I don't think the Beyer DT800 are harder to drive) but do not expect to get the best of your DT880 from that amp section.

Good luck
L3000.gif

Simon

Sep 17, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
Hello Jonnieos

I have to say that after reading your question I was curious to get the answer. I own a Musiland US 02 and I just tried it with my AKG K240 Sextett MP (600 Ohms) and was pleasently surprised. Don't expect a very detail amplifier section but the volume was adequate at 50% and the BASS was not underpower at all. The output #2 seem to have a higher gain.

So to answer your question Yes it can drive 600 Ohms headphone (I don't think the Beyer DT800 are harder to drive) but do not expect to get the best of your DT880 from that amp section.

Good luck
L3000.gif

Simon

wow thats insane, would the "best" of the dt880 be something that makes me go deaf or how much more would the next usb amp/dac combo cost??

Sep 17, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #6 of 6
It's not a question of playing the loudness but how the music is reproduce. It's about reproducing the details of the original recording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back