Musician's Friend backorder - Does anyone have any experience with them?
Jan 9, 2009 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Marl

100+ Head-Fier
I have some Audio-Technica AD900s on back order from musician's friend. The phones were listed as in stock when I bought them, but then they sent me the back order notice. So I'm not particularly happy with them in the first place, but ok, fine. Then they said they would be in stock on 1-8-09, but that came around and they pushed their estimate back to 1-15-09.

Are they just going to keep pushing back this date? Does anyone have any experience with them? Should I just cancel my order now and get them from some other seller instead of wasting a few weeks waiting for them?

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #3 of 11
I suggest you do two things to get the best possible answer to your question - A) use the Head-fi search function in Headphone Forum.

B) go to this website Ratings and Reviews for 17,252 Stores at ResellerRatings.com: Search: Showing All Stores and enter the store name

When you do both of these things - you will learn there have been several posts re members' experiences with the store.......additionally, you will find a lot of customer reviews on the aforementioned website. In a nutshell - IMO the vendor comes up "spotty".

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #4 of 11
Musician's Friend is a subsidiary/sister company of Guitar Center. They are a reputable company, so they're not going to stiff you. However, if you feel there is a problem, you should definitely hound them for information or cancel your order and do business elsewhere if you feel you can't wait.

Jan 9, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #6 of 11
I've used MF several times for instruments. If I were buying the AD900, however, I'd get it at Amazon. It's $250 there. Most MF phones are more expensive than their counterparts at Amazon.

Jan 9, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #7 of 11
I purchased a pair of Shure SCL4 earphones from them on 12/19, but despite saying a in stock date of 12/29, it didn't ship until this week. They're a big company, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Jan 9, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #9 of 11
Both Audiocubes, and http://www.pricejapan.com/ have reputations, that over the years has proven reliable.

Why would you choose to buy online from a place where sales tax is a component? I look for no tax, and additionally search for free shipping (not always possible).........AND I check the reputation of any vendor I do not know.

Dec 17, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #11 of 11
Yup. I ordered three pairs of AT AD2000 headphones a while back for $200 each. All three pairs were backordered. And my order was eventually cancelled by the system after a week of waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back