Musician Audio Pegasus R2R DAC
Nov 18, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #1,096 of 1,502
Were you able to try the Orange fuses?
No, I've only used Purple. I ask about reversing direction because SR says that if you have sound quality issues to reverse the fuse and see if it improves. Just curious.

Nov 18, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #1,097 of 1,502
Clarity doesnt mean mid range presence… it could mean instruments that were in the back are brought forward… it could mean a lot of things… so explain to me how I am contradicting the manufacturer by saying the Orange fuses flatters the mid range more than the purple fuses…
I have no intention to open a debate. By contradiction I meant this is what the manufacturer says: "The new Purple Fuse surpasses our Orange Fuse"; "we were able to beat the Orange Fuse significantly", "these new technologies create a larger soundstage with better image focus and higher resolution from a perceived lowering of the noise floor", "the new Purple Fuses are by far our best sounding and take the single greatest leap in performance over previous generations. All aspects of subjective sound quality get enhanced, including natural sound where instruments and vocals sound inherently right, dynamics, low-level detail, high-frequency extension, and smoothness all take a massive leap forward." and you seem to say the orange fuse is superior to the purple one.
Anyway, this is getting a bit childish so I won't comment further until I actually hear the orange fuse which I might order from your suggested distributor with 50% discount, thanks for mentioning it. (Mids might be more forward on the orange fuse but to me doesn't seem to balance out the stated benefits of the purple one.)

Nov 18, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #1,099 of 1,502
I have no intention to open a debate. By contradiction I meant this is what the manufacturer says: "The new Purple Fuse surpasses our Orange Fuse"; "we were able to beat the Orange Fuse significantly", "these new technologies create a larger soundstage with better image focus and higher resolution from a perceived lowering of the noise floor", "the new Purple Fuses are by far our best sounding and take the single greatest leap in performance over previous generations. All aspects of subjective sound quality get enhanced, including natural sound where instruments and vocals sound inherently right, dynamics, low-level detail, high-frequency extension, and smoothness all take a massive leap forward." and you seem to say the orange fuse is superior to the purple one.
Anyway, this is getting a bit childish so I won't comment further until I actually hear the orange fuse which I might order from your suggested distributor with 50% discount, thanks for mentioning it. (Mids might be more forward on the orange fuse but to me doesn't seem to balance out the stated benefits of the purple one.)
Fair enough, I said I preferred the orange over the purple not that one was superior over the other. I value mid range coherence over size of stage or clarity, and its many definitions. You could like the purple more, I personally thought the mids were not as prevalent on the purples. You might need the balance of the purple in your system, I don’t know. But as for their ad “single greatest leap in performance over previous generations” they also said that about their orange fuses as well. So take it with a grain of salt.

Nov 19, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #1,100 of 1,502
I have the Furutech nano silver gold enhancer, purchased from cableco. It's hit or miss. It changes the sound but I'm not sure if it's better or worse. The purple fuse just sounded so diffused to me. Yes, the background instruments were more forward but the mid range vocals took a noticeable step back almost in line with the background instruments. Maybe if you coated the purple fuse with the furutech enhancer it might bring back some of the low to mid midrange presence, but I found the orange fuse to be better suited for that. I mean, I just bought another orange fuse from a retailer for half off the retail price, might be a good option for those who want to see a difference. I paid 80 dollars three days ago for a orange fuse. A purple fuse blew in my js-2 linear power supply, replacing it with an orange fuse.
Your experience is another example of the effect of something on different components, there is no product that brings the same improvement to everyone.
With Nano I coated all the contact points in the system, and it raised the sound in the headphones so much that it is science fiction, no 1K cable in my system pushed the improvements that much

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #1,102 of 1,502
Fair enough, I said I preferred the orange over the purple not that one was superior over the other. I value mid range coherence over size of stage or clarity, and its many definitions. You could like the purple more, I personally thought the mids were not as prevalent on the purples. You might need the balance of the purple in your system, I don’t know. But as for their ad “single greatest leap in performance over previous generations” they also said that about their orange fuses as well. So take it with a grain of salt.
I know, half of it is marketing bla-bla. That is why I ordered an orange fuse from your suggested distributor, so soon I will be able to compare the two. :wink:

Nov 22, 2022 at 2:48 AM Post #1,104 of 1,502
Finally ive bought the DAC. The package should arrive this week.

Now i'm watching for fuse(s). Do i need only one in the 230V version?

Nov 22, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #1,105 of 1,502
Finally ive bought the DAC. The package should arrive this week.

Now i'm watching for fuse(s). Do i need only one in the 230V version?
Yes, you need only one. You can find detailed instructions in the thread about placement and specs if you search for it, but you need 5x20mm, slow blow, 2A. :wink:

Nov 22, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #1,106 of 1,502
Great, thanks!

Not sure which „color“ i should choose from :)

Nov 22, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #1,109 of 1,502
I couldn’t wait lol. I pulled the trigger on buying the orange fuse. That discount was too juicy.
The retailers that sold the orange's for 50% off no longer have the 2A in stock. Only cableco has the 2A's in stock but for 30% off, not the 50%. Sad... kind of regret talking about the orange fuses now...

Nov 22, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #1,110 of 1,502
The retailers that sold the orange's for 50% off no longer have the 2A in stock. Only cableco has the 2A's in stock but for 30% off, not the 50%. Sad... kind of regret talking about the orange fuses now...
Noone thought, the stock is limited to 3 pieces. I bought the last one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back