Musician Audio Pegasus R2R DAC
Apr 5, 2022 at 11:33 PM Post #871 of 1,502
You will need 1 if you are in a 230v country, 2 if in 110/120v country. There's specific details HERE with details.
I read this post and all I need to know is how many mm long fuses to buy and what amperage.
Screenshot_2022-04-06-11-26-24-465_com.taobao.taobao.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #872 of 1,502
20mm 2A fuses are what you want. 2 of them if you have 110/120v, only 1 if you have 220/240v.

Apr 6, 2022 at 6:21 AM Post #874 of 1,502
I read this post and all I need to know is how many mm long fuses to buy and what amperage.
Yes 20mm 2A will be the right thing! But looks like you are getting from Taobao? Make sure you get it from a legit and trustworthy seller! I had the SR Purple installed on my Pegasus and I absolutely loved it! Please share your findings when it arrives! I hope you will feel the instant changes too! And one more thing! The fuse is directional! You need to try both ways to make sure you got it right!

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #875 of 1,502
Yes 20mm 2A will be the right thing! But looks like you are getting from Taobao? Make sure you get it from a legit and trustworthy seller! I had the SR Purple installed on my Pegasus and I absolutely loved it! Please share your findings when it arrives! I hope you will feel the instant changes too! And one more thing! The fuse is directional! You need to try both ways to make sure you got it right!
ok thanks for your suggestion.👍

Apr 7, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #877 of 1,502
Has anyone noticed any benefits of replacing the power cable?
How high end does it have to be to be concidered worth it?
Would something like this be to low or to high grade?
https://ifi-audio.com/products/nova/
Or just perfect? =)
I'll let you know tonight or tomorrow. My new cable just arrived, and I'm waiting of fuse upgrades, too. Right now though, with the stock cable, it seems just fine...

Apr 7, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #879 of 1,502
Apr 10, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #880 of 1,502
20220410_150648.jpg

The Wonder Twins are installed and working just fine! Now I can truly start doing some rectifier reviews and comparisons.

Apr 11, 2022 at 5:58 AM Post #881 of 1,502
Monosaudio HiFi Audio AC Power Cable, Power Cord with 3-Prong US Version Rhodium Plated Plugs, 12AWG Audiophile Power Cord 125V 15A, Braided Sleeves Power Line (6.6FT/2M)

They're sturdy, have decent connectors on them, and so far work great.

Do I think they make a big difference? A little. I don't see the value in a $500 power cable, but for $50, I think it's worth it over a cheap generic stock cable.
My experiences are different, the 60e power supply made no shift in sound (listened to via my sensitive senn.), While the Telurium Q Black connected to the power line to the amp made it look like I bought a double quality amp.

Apr 11, 2022 at 7:23 AM Post #882 of 1,502
Care should be taken with power cords, some are good for certain components while others are not. For example, TeluriumQ Black plugged into the U18 didn't make any shift compared to the Swiss cable, but when I plugged it into the amp I had all the total gain(fullness of sound, bigger scene, more details, better layering, cleaner sound, feeling more energy ...). The basic level Swiss cable (300e) delighted me with its impact, while the AudioquestZ3 plugged into the amplifier did not affect at all.
Power cords have a greater impact on sound than others in my system, although they are all important and contribute to sound enhancement.
And I think the rule is how much money so much progress, although I had a great experience with budget cables (Supra, Mogami ...)
I would also add that the purple fuse brings the greatest sound improvement for the investment.
This is my experience

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #883 of 1,502
My experiences are different, the 60e power supply made no shift in sound (listened to via my sensitive senn.), While the Telurium Q Black connected to the power line to the amp made it look like I bought a double quality amp.
I'd be interested to hear more about your experience and what you think makes such a significant difference? Is it the type of copper used in the cable, the shielding, or something else?

Apr 11, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #885 of 1,502
As far as I know, not only the purity of the wire, but also other factors of wire construction, then protection from environmental influences, connectors ... all these are factors that affect the sound.
Many people call cables snake oil at all, for me such statements are an attempt to be smart and without real experience.
I want others to follow the line of improving the sound experience, but that line is not always the same for everyone (my ears, my system ...)
I must also mention that I listen to music through headphones (Senn.HD540RG and Arya)
Through first I hear even the slightest change, while others are dead to many of my upgrades, reacting only to significant shifts.
nonetheless both sound fantastic

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back