Musical Paradise M2-D2 AK4490 Balanced Dac Reviews?
Jan 29, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #901 of 964

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230129_195723.jpg
    Screenshot_20230129_195723.jpg
    780.1 KB · Views: 0
Jan 29, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #903 of 964
There is no such switch on the back. I havent opened mine up for a while, so I cant remember if there is an internal switch. I dont remember one, but that doesnt mean there isnt one. There is the 6/12 volt switch for the output tubes and another switch for the rectifier. I just noticed someone posted a pic

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #904 of 964
There is no such switch on the back. I havent opened mine up for a while, so I cant remember if there is an internal switch. I dont remember one, but that doesnt mean there isnt one. There is the 6/12 volt switch for the output tubes and another switch for the rectifier. I just noticed someone posted a pic
Yes
That's a switch to swap mains voltage

Mar 3, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #906 of 964
I was on the same upgrade path for another dac but wanted a SS dac. I loaned a Holo Spring 3 from a friend for the weekend and was wowed with it. Once you step up to this level, the differences are noticeable over the MP dac. But there are some aspects to the MP Mk3 that i preferred over the Spring 3 KTE, and this is largely due to a tubed dac vs SS dac. There's a bit more meatiness to the tone which i found a bit lacking on the Spring 3 KTE in my system.

I would not hesitate looking at the Holo May or the TPlus @darcman
Below is my conversation with garry:

On Thursday, February 6, 2020, 12:14:27 a.m. EST, Garry Huang <guangyaoca@gmail.com> wrote:

The stock main power fuse is 3a slow blow for mk3. For hi fi brand fuse, you may need to get 5a slow blow since they are not quite standard. I suggest you get some Littelfuse or Bussmann 5x20mm 3a slow fuses first. The fuse on motherboard is 250mA slow blow. It is used for protection of rectifier and signal tubes short circuit failure.

Thanks,
Garry

I swap out the stock fuse with Synergistic Research Purple fuse which brought the my MK3 to the new level. The upgrade is significant .Everything opens up which is amazing.

Mar 3, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #908 of 964
Below is my conversation with garry:

On Thursday, February 6, 2020, 12:14:27 a.m. EST, Garry Huang <guangyaoca@gmail.com> wrote:

The stock main power fuse is 3a slow blow for mk3. For hi fi brand fuse, you may need to get 5a slow blow since they are not quite standard. I suggest you get some Littelfuse or Bussmann 5x20mm 3a slow fuses first. The fuse on motherboard is 250mA slow blow. It is used for protection of rectifier and signal tubes short circuit failure.

Thanks,
Garry

I swap out the stock fuse with Synergistic Research Purple fuse which brought the my MK3 to the new level. The upgrade is significant .Everything opens up which is amazing.
I use a Padis(5A) as my main fuse and a littel fuse goldplated for the motherboard.

Mar 7, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #914 of 964
I'm planning to connect an external clock to the USB card clock input. Is my understanding correct that the clock connected to it will be used as a timing reference by the AKM DAC chips? If so, would you know the input impedance of the clock input?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back