Musical Fidelity xcan v8
Jul 8, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #406 of 421
let me get this straight, this has a USB input, therefore can it be linked to a portable minidisc player with a USB out?

Jul 8, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #407 of 421
Yes it can as long as the USB output is digital. It works as a PC DAC pretty good as well.

Oct 9, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #409 of 421
Quote:

Originally Posted by ultraman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will spend some days in Hong kong next month. Dose anyone know where in HK I can buy a X-can V8 w psu, and how much?
Thanks!

I heard that v8p in HK is quite cheaper than US/UK
amazing price

Nov 5, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #410 of 421
Quote:

Originally Posted by ADD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just my personal observation. I think the old v3 has it all over the new v8 in terms of looks. Unless the photos are some sort of mock up, to me it has really gone downhill in terms of visual appeal. I thought the old one very appealing. The new one looks like something made in a back shed as a school metalwork project.

(...)

Why would we care how it looks if it sounds good?

BTW, does anyone know of a schematic for its circuit lying somewhere in the www?

Nov 5, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #411 of 421
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah yes... better the smell of money... than fish... espeically rotten fish.

I vaguely remember the smell of money... about 18 months ago... before our stupid liberals' (Dems) sub-prime mortgage fiasco, mark-to-market rules, and speculative securities trading rules (i.e. allowing investment speculators to trade commodities, to use excessive margin loans, allowing them to sell-short without borrowing the securities, and eliminating the up-tick rule)... turned the smell of money... to "something rotten in Washington."

Say, was that not the work of clever neo-cons? But this is a subject for another forum isn't it?

Nov 5, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #412 of 421
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prog Rock Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(...)

Re comparisons, between the original X-CANS and the V8P the difference is that the V8P has more clarity and detail, a lot more separation between instruments and significantly more soundstage. I found the music from the X-CANS was all in my head, now it it all around me. I find that the V8P has a bit more dynamics and bass extension and a bit less sibilance on trebles.

(...)

That is an interesting observation. The only way that can happen is if one is listening through a pair of AKG earspeakers. With ordinary cans, that is simply not possible unless the program is biphonic (binaural) material.

Nov 9, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #413 of 421
Quote:

Originally Posted by freecitizen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Say, was that not the work of clever neo-cons? But this is a subject for another forum isn't it?

Please try to avoid taking the bait from obvious trolls. His post is in flagrant violation of forum rules, and has not a thing to do with the subject of this thread. Ignore him and he will go away.

Jan 10, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #415 of 421
It's the line out of the amp, sadly the DAC doesn't work though Line Out.

Jan 14, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #417 of 421
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus-DK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it is quite indifferent if the V8 can be used as a DAC, the DAC in the V8 stinks..

As far as I'm concerned it does, stink that is.

Jan 14, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #418 of 421
Regarding the DAC - I think the main issue is it stinking/sucking - but compared to hooking it up to my CD player, the level is much lower. I really have to crank it with the DAC, where as the line in from my CD player seems to have a lot more force and drive.

Mar 23, 2010 at 10:26 AM Post #420 of 421
Is there any way to improve the DAC in the V8? The amp itself sounds wonderful but the USB input is a huge, disappointment. It's the main why I bought this thing, the plan was to do away with my aged soundcard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back