Music vs Love
Dec 7, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #61 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What if English was his third language? You are not Mr. Linguistic yourself, as you put a question mark on a clause without a verb. Now isn't that embarrassing.

We've discussed stuff that's embarrassing on Head-Fi before. Grammar never came up. If this thread were about grammar, and I had bad grammar in it, I might be embarrassed, but it's not. The following non-grammatical event was pretty embarrassing, though, just to give you an idea of what actually embarrasses me:

I commonly use my ample gut like a TV tray. You see, my belly, when fully extended, has plenty of surface area. It's very convenient for holding stuff. I love to make bead jewelry. I use empty shoe polish tins to hold and sort all my loose beads. Super Bowl night one year, I had approximately 20 or so tins arranged on my belly; I was making a fantastic choker. I'd been beading for hours, and I'd been drinking; I started to nod off. Well, I had one of those hypnic jerks which launched all 20 tins into the air. This was VERY embarrassing as I was hosting a Super Bowl party for Hooter's girls and members of the local stagehand union.

Dec 7, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #62 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's obviously about pretzels....
confused_face.gif

Hell, then I am all for it.

Dec 8, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #64 of 87
Well, if you think about it, you'd have to choose love. If you lost love, you'd lose the love for music, and all it would be to you are mere sound waves to the ear and lose appreciation for what it is altogether. =P

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #65 of 87
I gather what the OP means by "love" is "a person that you can get romantic with" -- if that's the case my choice is "music" by a long shot. This kind of "love" always comes with hidden costs and obligations -- just an example: as the OP discovers in that little chat exchange, when someone calls you a "soulmate", that person automatically assumes you sees him/her as a reciprocal soulmate. That's just presumptuous; that's why I'm not in love.

Dec 8, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #67 of 87
I am not even sure it is possible to choose between them.
Love is a deep down emotion, and you may struggle hard to suppress it. If even possible...

Luckily I do not see any reason to even try choosing between them, and continue living happily with both.
smile.gif

Dec 8, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #68 of 87
Love is monumental - music is just a passion.

Dec 8, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #69 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

... and vice versa.

Dec 8, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #70 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

QFT. Theres nothing more important, love both drives people insane and keeps them sane. It gives you someone to talk to. A person to trust. Music is a temporary escape, an extraordinary thing, but temporary like drugs. Love has the ability to be prevalent always every minute of your life.

Dec 10, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #72 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by revolink24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
QFT. Theres nothing more important, love both drives people insane and keeps them sane. It gives you someone to talk to. A person to trust. Music is a temporary escape, an extraordinary thing, but temporary like drugs. Love has the ability to be prevalent always every minute of your life.

Wrong, music is there for you forever it never let's you down it watches over you your whole life. Music is nothing like drugs. Love is hurtful and not important.

Dec 10, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #73 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wrong, music is there for you forever it never let's you down it watches over you your whole life. Music is nothing like drugs. Love is hurtful and not important.

I disagree. How can you say you're passionate about Music if you don't love it? and vice versa. So without it, you can't really appreciate music to its fullest. It would be almost emotionless. Because what does Music give us all? EMOTION. So what are you going to say about all the songs you love right now? I greatly like this song? no. You love it.

Dec 10, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #74 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love is "hurtful and not important"? What?! That's what love is all about: bringing joy to another's life, and thus living a more fulfilling one yourself. Love never hurt anyone. Loss of a loved one hurts. Not being loved hurts. Thus only demonstrating that love itself does exactly the opposite.

Hate hurts. Love heals.

If you're too filled with anger or too cynical or too jaded to realize that, then I pity you indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back