Music vs Love
Dec 10, 2009 at 10:16 AM Post #76 of 87
to quote a great poet

'the tradegy is that we all need love in doses'

The reason me and the girl I'm in love with started talking primarily was down to music (a friend of mine invited her into a big group WLM conversation and she asked 'what kind of music is everyone into' I said 'hip hop, rnb, drum n bass, breakbeat' and she said me too and we started our own little private conversation and the rest is history)

so for me, I wouldn't choose because me and my girlfriend share the same passion for music (wish I could get her to like headphones though
ph34r.gif
she has some Skullcandy Ink'd
deadhorse.gif
)

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #78 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
God, I must be bored. I actually read through two pages of this thread.

Not only that, you then felt the need to tell us.
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #79 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Industrial /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whichever produces more dopamine.

And the winner is... COCAINE!

Seriously, people. RobM's post a page ago sums it all up.

Dec 20, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #82 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by T.IIZUKA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Music is more inexpensive.
evil_smiley.gif

not if you're a member of head-fi it's not
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 21, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #83 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And the winner is... COCAINE!

Seriously, people. RobM's post a page ago sums it all up.

That wasn't one of the options!
smily_headphones1.gif

I guess if you want to see it in a Romantic (not chemical) way you have a point. I just like knowing what gives me that "reward/love" chemical rush. I even tell my GF of 8 years this and she agrees, "true love" is a mutual agreement/addiction for fulfilling different needs we both have. Doesn't mean were both calloused and cold, we still thank every day we have together and cant stand being apart for too long.

Also there is a difference between a nice amount of dopamine and way way too much. The awwww everything is beautiful, life isn't so bad is okay and the ARGGGG talk to everyone and everything is AMAZING until something even slightly inconvenient happens doesn't seem as appealing.

And if you ask me if I had to pick between my love for music and my GF I would always pick my GF
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 21, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #85 of 87
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best.

Dec 21, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #86 of 87
I voted music, as I listen to it through a decent set of isolating IEM's, so I can't hear:

A) The wife.
B) Her appalling musical taste.
C) Equally appalling TV viewing habits.
D) The noise the kids make trashing the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back