Music vs Love
Dec 7, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #31 of 87
Neet, I'm guessing you're quite young, which is fine, but it sounds like you're confusing feelings with reality. Love isn't a feeling. It's an action or, rather, lots of actions, sometimes decades of actions, regardless of what you feel. Sometimes the feelings actually are pretty horrible, but that's also doesn't mean lack of love, even if it sometimes does. The feeling part comes and goes. You can make with it what you choose if you choose well. Music allows for all kinds of feelings (reactions again). It's easier because it's an immediate gratification thing, and always available. It's a quick hit, and guaranteed. If you're looking for that with love, you'll be disappointed. Asking people to choose between the two doesn't make sense at all.

Dec 7, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #33 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neet, I'm guessing you're quite young, which is fine, but it sounds like you're confusing feelings with reality. Love isn't a feeling. It's an action or, rather, lots of actions, sometimes decades of actions, regardless of what you feel. Sometimes the feelings actually are pretty horrible, but that's also doesn't mean lack of love, even if it sometimes does. The feeling part comes and goes. You can make with it what you choose if you choose well. Music allows for all kinds of feelings (reactions again). It's easier because it's an immediate gratification thing, and always available. It's a quick hit, and guaranteed. If you're looking for that with love, you'll be disappointed. Asking people to choose between the two doesn't make sense at all.

Yes well done sherlock. The question still remains, it could be love vs garlic bread but who cares. I'm not comparing them I'm asking which could you live without.

It makes sense asking because it's a very hard choice but it's choosable.

Dec 7, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #34 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by applaudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love. Why? Because the word "love" as used implies a shared love between you and another person. You can love music, but it'll never love you back.

I'm not comparing I'm asking which would you give up. Music doesn't have to love you back.

Dec 7, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #36 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes well done sherlock. The question still remains, it could be love vs garlic bread but who cares. I'm not comparing them I'm asking which could you live without.

It makes sense asking because it's a very hard choice but it's choosable.

It's not a hard choice, because the question itself is ridiculous. If you're actually thinking it's a plausible choice based in any form of reality, you're just messed up.

Dec 7, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #37 of 87
That's why it's interesting to ask it. I wouldn't ask you which do you prefer chocolate or milkshakes. It's an interesting question. Stop been such a spoilsport. It is a plausible choice as many people would be miserable without music.

Dec 7, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #38 of 87
Neet, over the 48 years Head-Fi has been around, do you know how many goofy 'which would you choose" threads there have been?

Cut your balls off vs. pull your eardrums out?

Your Mom or your iPod: One has to be destroyed.

Would you rather be dead or deaf?

Would you rather be deaf, dead or work at Apple's Genus Bar?

McIntosh or PC?

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #39 of 87
Yeah but as people have said music is love and love is music. Them questions are immature and dumb. Music is much bigger then a software corporation or an ipod.

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #42 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Single here but would never date someone who doesn't have a taste in music.

For example,

Me "What music do you like?"
Her "Everything but <insert genre here>"

No preference means no interest.

I strongly disagree with this statement. Just because someone enjoys a variety of musical genre's doesn't mean that there is no interest it just means that a person has been exposed to many different types of music and has found that they like many different types of music. A general statement like that "may" lead to one not having a strong interest in music but many times it may mean a person does not have a favorite kind of music.

Dec 7, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #43 of 87
Quote:

Is that what trolls tend to eat these days

Pretzels were acknowledged by the Admin as THE tasty salty snack of Head-fi, for realz

Dec 7, 2009 at 7:01 AM Post #44 of 87
Quote:

Is that what trolls tend to eat these days

Since you're new, you clearly missed the Churro-Pretzel Wars. Often used to mark the end of threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back