Music City Meet, Volume 5 -- Spring 2016 -- Pictures & Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2016 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 97

Theogenes

Headphoneus Supremus
Back home after a great day and a few great beers after the meet with @kilkil and @Oteil. Had an awesome time, and will have some thoughts and impressions to share when I'm not totally wiped out :wink:

So: how was the meet? Was there anything there you were particularly impressed by? Anything you didn't like as much as you'd anticipated? Things you'd like to see in the next meet? Let's hear it!! 

And as always: a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who came, and to everyone who supported us today!! Our meets are only as good as the people who show up and the vendors who support us, so a genuine thank you to all of you guys... Y'all are just damned awesome :wink:

And who has PICS???? :wink:

Apr 9, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 97
The spring meet was a blast! Thanks to everyone who lugged all their stuff for all the rest of us to hear. It is great to hear so many products you only read about. I am so glad that this time I got there earlier and spent more time listening to other setups.

I was particularly impressed with Oteil's Denon AH-D700s. I know these are discontinued, but I hear a lot about these series. I now must have some AH-D2000s for myself.

I was also impressed by Pippen's enormously large amp setup. The sound was also as impressive. They really made the LCD-Xs sing.

MattTCG, your setup was also very excellent. That is a very well matched amp with the HD800Ss. That is the best I have heard those headphones.

I also very much enjoyed Skyline315s setup. He and I swapped headphones for a few weeks late last year, but my O2 could not do the HE-500s justice. That Ember sounds very fantastic and works well with the HE-500s. The Bifrost 4490 also sounds a lot like my DA-500 strangely enough.

And thanks to RBCinTN for let me have a listen to your portable rig. That Oppo HA-2 is most excellent.

I hope everyone who got to hear the vintage Magavox CD player, with legendary Phillips TDA1541 chips, also enjoyed it. Maybe next time I will have the reel to reel going.

Very nice to meet you guys and hope to do it all again in the fall.

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #3 of 97
Had a great time! Thanks to all that made it happen.

That Woo Audio Eclipse was just a treat to hear. I can't thank Woo Audio enough for letting us hear that, I would love to spend a lot more time with this amp/dac. Really fun system! And the build quality, just dern!

My primary purpose was to hear some portable stuff. Of course I regret not doing some more listening now. The Chord Mojo and the Questyle QP1R really shined to me, for different reasons. The Questyle has all that synergy with the Ether C, it's like Dan and Questyle got together in some wet dream. I should have listen to it more on my IEMs because that would be where I would listen to it most, I was just so amazed at the combination with the Ether C, I couldn't get over it. The Onkyo DP-X1 did great also, especially balanced. Again, I really should have spent more time with my IEMs.

I'm having difficulty deciding which I should go for first, Mojo for a portable work rig, or Questyle or Onkyo for a new DAP. First world problems.

Thanks Dick for the time with the AK/Oppo combo and the SE846. Big improvement over the SE535. The build quality of the Oppo is nutz! Say, where did you find that Allen Toussaint Going Places? I can't find that on CD for under $200, no joke, what the blank, over?

Sure was great to meet everyone. I hope next time I get to come Friday and hang out.

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #4 of 97
My turn! 

As per usual, the event was organized most excellently - very well-attended, lots of space, and talk about an abundance of gear! Every time this meet comes around, it grows! Huge shout out to Theogenes for doing so much of the leg work!

I got to play with lots of gear this time and my notable impressions are thus:

HD800 with Norne cable (Draug?): These were borrowed from Kevin's setup. I listened through my recently re-acquired WA7tp with EH Gold Pins and RCA Clear Tops. The last time I heard the 800s, I found them a little thin and strident, but that was through a balanced solid-state amplification setup. This time, I think the tubes really did wonders. The abrasive zing that turned me off last time wasn't there and I really rather enjoyed the incredible detail level these things are capable of. They certainly have regained a bit of dignity in my mind, and I think for the right price, I'd honestly consider picking up a pair!

LCD-X with Norne (another Draug I think): These came from Chuck with the Vegan pads and headband. I've heard the LCD2 before - not a fan; too lush. Owned the LCD3 for a while - better, but still not a keeper. The X is probably my favorite LCD I've heard to date. To these ears, it has the best upper midrange/treble presentation. Still Audeze, very laid back, but not to the point where I felt like I was missing any information. They were very easy to drive and despite their heft, still very easy to wear. Would like to spend more quality time with these the next time!

EL-8 (closed): Fred brought his EL-8s and I got to hear them through both the WA7tp and the Chord Mojo. Other than an at times, overly spicy treble, these sat very well with me! Nice punchy, quick bass, neutral mids, and a much more forward upper end than the other LCD offerings I've heard. Not bad!

Ether C: Got to hear these bad boys both in balanced configuration and SE. An exceptional closed headphone. IMHO, if you placed these on my head without allowing me to see them, I'd have a very difficult time discerning that they were closed backs. Great detail retrieval, no weird resonances, and above average 'air' up top. The only real difference I recall from the open version is that the bass on the C is a little more fleshed out. I found the Ether to be a little shy down low and the C fixes that. Just a lovely headphone that strikes a great balance between incisive and musical.

HE-6: Finally got to spend some quality time with Burnley's HE6 (grill, Jerg, and pad-modded I think)  through his behemoth Audio-gd, and well I get it now. Those are probably the most aggressive, yet engaging headphone I've encountered. In a word, I'd say they're visceral. That bass hits harder than some speakers I've heard. Goes deep and is super clean. The mids are like the HE500's mids on steroids. Vocals are very forward and just a joy to listen to. I thought that the upper end was fairly aggressive, but I wouldn't say that's is over the top. Just tasty! I definitely see how the amplification needs of this headphone have to be met in order to really maximize it's potential.

Woo WA8: This was a fun one. First, I got to A/B it with my WA7tp, which is also a tube amp/DAC combo, albeit much less portable. The WA8 to these ears, gets about 80% of the way there. The desktop unit has a stronger, more refined amp section, but the WA8 is no slouch. I didn't get to test it with anything to test it's limits, but I imagine that anything short of the HE6 would be within it's wheelhouse. I also should mention that the Sabre implementation is great! Very clean and musical without a hint of digital glare. Wish I'd gotten to spend more time with it, but in the short time I did, I liked what I heard! Just to tag it on because it was asked so many times, I think the asking price puts it out of my (among many others) price range. But for the audiophile looking for an alternative to the Hugo, this one probably deserves a long hard look.

Glow Amp One: Fred has had this amp for a long time and I've usually spent a bit of time with it every time we meet up but this time he asked me to really listen to it compared to the Woo and my recently for sale MAD Ear. Even though it is more largely known as a speaker amp, the sound coming out of it's headphone-out is excellent! Despite it's tube nature, it's incredibly engaging and has a wonderful top end. The lows are punchy and deep, never bloated; the mids were clean and rich through my GH1, and like I mentioned, the upper mids/treble were just really fun! Not harsh or spicy, but still very exciting and revealing. Glad to help Fred make up his mind to hang onto it!

Those are most of the gears I got to spend a decent amount of time with. There are others, including the Liquid Gold, Starlight Ember (what a beast!), K712, HD800S, and LCD-XC that I listened to, but didn't get to spend much time with. 

All in all, I'm very glad to have had the opportunity to play with the toys and even more glad to meet a handful of the men who's online handle's I've known for a while. Shout-outs to Wayne, Robert, Chuck, Shawn, and Brent! Y'all stay classy fellas!

Apr 10, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #5 of 97
For me, the Nashville meets are more about spending time swapping war stories with hobbyist than anything else. It was great to see everyone this and a special thanks to Wayne for making the journeyman's effort to make it all the way from VA. 
eek.gif
  It was great to meet you after all these years. Safe journey home brother!!

A very special thanks to Kevin who graciously loaned me a dac because I did not have the foresight to check all my equipment before I left and showed up with a non-working rig. 
redface.gif
 The tube dac that you loaned actually sounded quite nice. Kevin's table also produced the only surprise of the meet for me. The Arist Herron amp (sp?) was nearly shocking with my Ethers. I really wasn't expecting that. I have to point out that there was some other gear in the chain that may have been contributing to that sweet sound coming from the Arist but it was truly my wow moment. Pssst...Kev, I need a little time with that amp. Help a brother out. 
biggrin.gif

My biggest disappointment was also at Kevin's table. I had high hopes of spending some quality time with the Micro Zotl amp, but unfortunately it didn't travel well and was not working properly. 

I enjoyed hearing several new things at this meet. Chuck's Woo wa5 was beautiful and something that I could call end game. If only I had the money. 

The Meze 99 didn't do it for me. A little too warm and the fit wasn't working for me. 

Ether C impressed me as always on some of the top of the line amps. Sounded even better that I remember. Maybe it was the 1.1 update. 

Eric's he500 is still a fine headphone. I liked it back in the day and still like it now. It's weathered the test of time for sure. 

One of the highlights of the meet was the Friday night dinner. It was good to hang out and swap stories. The titches wit was also quite tasty. 

Finally, thanks to Burnely for all you do to make these events happen. In your honor I have started my own James Harden beard. 

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #6 of 97
Thanks to Burnley for organizing another great meet and to all the people who brought out their delicate gear to share with everyone.  Dan brought his open Ether's to last years meet I was looking forward to hearing the Ether-C's this time around and I was not disappointed.  They totally live up to their hype and I would consider them an end game headphone with the right rig - there were several of these rigs in attendance with jaw dropping results.  I love the carbon fiber cups as well.

MattTCG's Questyle amp was also very interesting.  I kept thinking about how smooth it sounded which made total sense when he told me it's designed for the HD800.  I always thought of those cans as a bit shrill and an amp like this would pair well.

The Woo WA8 was fun to listen too as was the Glow Amp One.  Fred's El-8 Closed (revision 2) were also fun to compare to my El-8 open headphones.  I liked them better than I thought because I preferred the LCD-X to the LCD-XC when I tried them out.  I still prefer the open EL8's but It's always fun to A-B stuff at meets and shows.  It also confirms for me that the haters usually have much bigger voice on forums than people who love the gear.  I think people that are happy with their cans get intimidated by negative voices and question their own taste/knowledge or fear having it questioned in flame wars.

One of the big surprises for me was the Chord Mojo.  I plugged my EL-8's into the little device as I worked down the line of tables and was immediately taken aback by the energy and musicality.  I started looking for what high end piece of kit was in the audio chain making the Mojo sound so good.  It punches way above of it's class and the industrial design wouldn't look out of place on a futuristic sci-fi movie set.

I didn't bring my Peachtree desktop rig this time because it's not as exciting to many as the exotic stuff but I did bring my new HiFi-Skyn which had just arrived on Thursday before the meet.  Everyone who heard it loved the sound and I don't think there were any negative reviews - just some good natured mocking about the size of my package.  It was fun sharing it with the young couple and their friend who were there wanting to hear the El-8's and some portable gear.

Geeky fun times were had by all and I was glad to be apart of it.

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #7 of 97
My time at the meet was short, so my reply will be proportionately short.

I've been wanting to go to one of these meets since Fall 2014 and have been blocked by work ever since; sure enough, just a few hours in, work called and demanded I get back ASAP.

MattTCG, I was EXTREMELY impressed with the Ether--that's the one I keep thinking about.  The Mad Dog Pros were one of my favorite 'phones in my home setup (that could only be classified as mid-fi at best), but the Ether changes everything.  Thank you for sharing!

Joe, thank you for identifying the wood on those special Grados of Theogenes'.  

Overall, thanks to everyone for having me there and sharing!

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #8 of 97
Well done @Theogenes for another Great Music City Meet!!  It was a fun time and good to see everyone again and meet some new friends.  Nice impressions posted above, @JoeDoe and it was awesome to meet you @wje - an amazing journey for a HP meet!!

I have some pictures and will post them later today.  Most are pretty bad.

Agree with @MattTCG that swapping information and stories with fellow Head-Fiers @jazzfuze is the best part of these events, plus seeing some incredible gear @pippen99.  Enjoy your retirement, Chuck!!

Missed you @jaywillin and @RUMAY408 maybe the fall meet will work for you guys!!

Cheers,
Dick

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #9 of 97
I agree about Jay and Rumya not being there. Also missed Dan Clark and Joe S. who were becoming regulars. Thanks to everyone who went those extra miles to make it. 

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #10 of 97
And Joe Saxon - was hoping to see you again, pal.  Best of luck Joe and Matt with Canlanta!!

Apr 10, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #11 of 97
It was so great to finally be able to attend the meet.  Lots of great gear and even better people.  More than worth the two hour drive up from Huntsville, AL.  I finally got the chance to listen to things I'd been curious about for a while. I suppose I should give a brief account of some things that stood out.

HD 800 -   I've probably been curious about the HD 800's more than any other can for the longest time.  I'm quite a fan of my AKG K712's.  When listening to the HD 800's the thing I loved the most was the clarity.  Without a doubt they win in this category, especially with vocals.  Vocals almost seemed effortless for the 800's.  What I was left wanting more from the 800's was a bit on the top end.  I love the 712's top end and to me it's better than the 800's.  JoeDoe and I spoke briefly about this and he though (and I have to agree, that the 712's also have better bass impact.  However in my opinion the 800's are better overall, you just can't  help but love the clarity.  Are they worth the price difference?  Not in my opinion, but to each their own.

Beyerdynamic T1 - I had the chance to demo these briefly.  Some reviews I've read about them talk about them being too bright.  I personally don't think so.  I think the weakness for them was the low end.  It was just a bit lacking for me in that department.  Also the price of these is a bit much for what I heard as well.

Ether C -  As I think was the general consensus of the meet, BRILLIANT!!  I had spoken with Theogenes as well as a couple others about missing upgraditis.  Odd I know, but I am.  I told them I was considering selling everything and starting over again, this time going for one endgame setup.  My concerns were not being able to find a pair of closed back cans that could give me everything I want, and not needing an open back pair as well.  Theogenes recommended I give the Ether C's a try, and I completely understand why.  Their presentation is gorgeous.  There wasn't really anything to not like about them.  If you get the chance I definitely recommend giving them a listen, you will probably fall in love.  However as I mentioned after trying them out... they aren't airy enough for me.  I just don't think I can find that with any pair of closed cans.  

Ether (open) -  I found them Ether's to be very nice.  In my opinion not as likable as the Ether C's.  To be fair though I listened to the Ether's at the same sitting as I did with the HD 800's.  After hearing the clarity of the 800's the Ether's sounded a slight bit veiled in comparison.  They are still very good.

Woo Audio Eclipse - ITS SO TINY!!! Haha.  It is very impressive what Woo has managed to pack into this small package.  I kept wondering what type of magic they used to make this happen.  I would wan't one... if it weren't for the price tag.  Personally it's just not something I can justify.  My thought is that for that price I would need something the is balanced.  If you have deeper pockets than I do, maybe this is perfect for you.

Side Notes:

JoeDoe - You sir... UGH!!!  You now have me wanting to start modding Grado's again, lol.  

Theogenes - Thanks for demonstrating the reasons not too own as much gear as most of us wish we did, lol.

Is it fall yet?

Apr 10, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #12 of 97
I have my great impressions from yesterday.  Thanks to all who attended and were kind of enough to share their great gear.  It was also wonderful to meet so many of you who I've transacted with and exchanged banter here on the forum. 

Here's the pics from yesterday.  I posted them initially in the event thread, but realized you started this impressions thread.

Apr 10, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #13 of 97
Pics as promised.  Wayne is right (on the original thread) that the lighting messed with the pictures...all are kinda orange, maybe from the hardwood floor?

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #14 of 97
Still trying to reassemble everything (after being a TOTAL slug for the majority of the day-- although I did get everything dusted and wiped down, thankfully). Thought I'd share a couple of quick, wildly disorganized thoughts (some typed before coffee, and others after beer, so... yeah): 

As always, it was great to get to see everyone, and to get a chance to finally meet a few guys I only knew by their forum names-- cheers, urrbody!! Hated that Randy and Jay couldn't make it, but that'll make their presence that much more appreciated next time :wink:

Anyhow, on with the gear whatnots!

Cavalli Liquid Gold: This was one of the items I was most excited about hearing before making it to the meet. I ended up with woefully little time actually listening (and most of it with hoary audiophile chestnuts like Aja et al, much though I do love that stuff), but I can safely say the sound was just excellent. Tonally spot-on, fantastic detail retrieval, awesome separation-- the LAu is the real deal. Don't know that I'll ever drop that kind of money on an amp, but it was certainly an excellent experience. 

Chord Mojo: Head-Fi is a really big place. There are enough voices here to really develop the perception of a quorum around opinions on certain gear really quickly, rightly or wrongly. (I remember a couple of breathless posts in the original Alpha Dog thread discussing how the AD had every bit of the detail and treble extension of the HD800, but with significantly better bass-- and the accompanying insinuation that it was among, and possibly the best headphone on the planet. I owned, and very much liked, the Alpha Dogs, but this description goes beyond a difference of opinion into the realm of the wholly delusional). So whenever there is a mad rush to anoint a new device, the seasoned semi-veteran of HF learns to approach the resultant deluge of effusive praise with a fair amount of caution. However, there are occasions when people go bonkers because the object of their deeply slathered adoration is actually worthy of it. The Ether C is one such product, in my opinion; the Chord Mojo is another. One never gets enough time to really listen at a meet, and this time was no different-- but in the time I did have with the Mojo, running it from a less-than-stellar source (my smartphone) with music I know well, I was just overwhelmingly impressed. I threw some pretty complex material at it that tends to cause congestion in a lot of gear, and the Mojo just flat-out delivered it unblinkingly, without any muddying up of the music or loss of texture and tone. I've found enough excuses to keep me from finding some way to buy one now (no balanced output, I hate having a multi-box portable setup, I'd rather not use a phone or a separate DAP as my source, etc), but I'm guessing I will own a Chord or two before it's over. I'd read a lot of good things about Chord before (the 'quarter-back DAC' or whatever it was) on the British ATC forum before, and this has essentially confirmed to me that Chord is One Of Those Companies That Gets It, and one that is worthy of future time, attention, and probably fiscal expenditure. Exceptional. 

Project Ember II: I have been meaning to check this out for at least two meets, and I finally made a point to go sit down and listen to Eric's setup (laptop > Bifrost 4490 > Project Ember II > modded HFM HE-500, I believe), and there was some serious synergy going on there. I had at least two other attendees mention to me how much they had enjoyed that setup in particular, and I have to say I agreed. While I'm sure the LAu and Ethers could wrangle more detail out of given track, there was just a lot that this setup did right. I ended up listening to Fiona Apple's The Idler Wheel blah blah blah for a few minutes, and found myself swaying around in the chair, singing along with "Jonathan" and "Hot Knife" with a big smile on my face. This setup proves that you don't have to mortgage your home to have a setup that is great and deeply enjoyable to listen to. Plus, it just looks so frickin' coooool!!!  :)

Questyle CMA800: Another one of the big winners of the meet for me. As ever, I didn't get enough time listening to this, but I listened enough to really appreciate the tonal purity of what I heard, and to determine that I would be listening to more from these guys in the future. Especially if they, oh, come out with a one-box fully balanced headphone amp at a reasonable price. Or something. *cough*. 
As an aside: I love my Onkyo DP-X1, and would keep it for the feature set it has even over something that sounded better. With that said, though, everybody who listened to my Onkyo and the Questyle DAP said the Questyle sounds unquestionably (unQuestyleably?) better. Which is one of the reasons I didn't listen to it. :wink:

Magnavox CDB 583: This is as much about sentimentality for me as anything else. My grandfather, possibly the greatest man I've ever met, worked at Magnavox for many, many years, and I was intrigued to hear how an old, essentially forgotten multi-disc changer would fare against the truckloads of exceptional modern gear surrounding it on all sides. The verdict? I can imagine a lot of people preferring the sound out of this dinosaur to perhaps most of the stuff out there today. The setup allowed for switching between the Magnavox playing CDs into an O2 amp and a laptop playing the same track into a more recent (but not 'new' by any stretch) standalone Denon DAC and O2 amp, and the Magnavox just utterly wiped the floor with the Denon. It just sounded so organic, musical, and complete-- and not in an overly gooey, obscurantist way either. If someone came up with a simple, cost-effective way to add a modern digital input to something like this, I'd say there would be a market for it... I know I'd want one, at least. 

Fostex TH-X00: I get the impression that I was more impressed by these than most of the other guys. Several people seemed to like them, but I thought they were just fantastic at their price point, to the point where they would potentially become the default recommendation under $500 for me. Others mentioned (all of them, at least that I can recall) that the bass was overemphasized. I didn't hear a greatly overblown bass, just a touch of additional bass presence. I also found the treble to be a bit overpresent on a couple of tracks, which nobody else heard either, apparently. So the tracks I picked may have skewed my impressions here, but I thought these things were just ridiculously good, and looked great to boot. These were a real winner to my ears. 

Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse: Of all the things at the meet, this, the Mojo, and the Questyle DAP were probably the pieces I had the most attendees come up and talk to me about. As always, I didn't get enough time listening to it (my time management skills are... not great), but the time I did listen left me very, very impressed. I think the thing I have always liked so much about Woo gear is the fact that it doesn't get so overly mushy and gooey like some tube gear does-- it imparts a slight warmth and approachability to whatever it plays, but ultimately takes its job quite seriously, and does not want to distract the listener with its interpretation of music so much as it wants to provide a window into the music that remains likable even as it presents as much detail as you'd like. This is what good tube gear should aspire to, in my opinion; a sound that does not meander from the accuracy I value, but one that remains accurate even as it gently imbues the tonal advantages tubes can sometimes offer. I hope to be able to offer some more in-depth thoughts tomorrow, as I'd like to spend my morning doing a more in-depth listen before (sadly) shipping it back to Mike and Jack at Woo. For the moment, I'll be content to check out the new Thomas Giles 'Dutch Book' soundtrack while enjoying a few delicious stouts... This is what life is all about, right here :wink:

Woo Audio WA5: I've heard the WA5 before (most notably Dan's modified version), but I have to take a moment to say how damned impressive it always is to listen to these. Definitely endgame with the right tubes in 'em. 

Things I Wish I Had Checked Out: 
Cavalli Liquid Carbon: I heard it at the last meet, and I thought it was very, very good there, and I should have spent some time with it here as well, but didn't. 
Tralucent 1+2: Joe was kind enough to bring them over to me to check out, but as not one of the three guys nearby could manage to extract my Linum cable from my ASG-2 (seriously, we tried for several minutes, and the Linum cables just will not come out without applying what felt like waaay too much force), I had to give them back to him. Sigh. Someday...
MAD Ear+ HD: My mom has one of Dr. Peppard's preamps, and it's fantastic, so I've been meaning to listen to his most popular device on Head-Fi, but as of yet haven't gotten around to it... and the streak continues. Ugh, I dislike me sometimes. 
Sennheiser HD800S: Every time I went looking for them, somebody else was listening. I also wanted to check out the OG HD800 with the Questyle amp but didn't get a chance to do that either. I find myself convinced that despite the fact that I have rather strongly disliked the HD800 every single time I've heard it, there is some amazing, magical pairing out there that will open the doors to aural heaven for me, and I'll finally gain access to all that wonderful high-end extension without losing the tonality of guitars that I absolutely require in a headphone... Maybe next time. 
Alclair IEMs: Honestly, after poor Kevin had the trouble with one of the loaner amps (a board became dislodged during the shipment to him, and he ended up having to make a pretty time-consuming trip to Home Depot to get the right types of allen wrenches to open it up and attempt a fix), I totally forgot to ask him about the Alclairs. Which stinks, because my eventual 'next big purchase' will probably be a set of custom IEMs, and I'd like to hear as many good ones as I possibly can, and these things sound like they might be pretty darn good. 
Auralic Taurus Mk 2: Add this to the list of 'stuff that I imagine I'd really like.' Just haven't actually slapped my ears into any Taurean-amped headphones yet. 
Airist Audio Heron 5: Okay, so I did actually listen to this-- but only for a brief moment. It was a very impressive moment though,and I would very much like to check it out in more depth later. Matt seemed particularly enamored of this baby, btw. 
WyWires Cables: There was a comparison of a $900 WyWires cable and a lower-end model going on right next to me, but I would've had to really butt in to check it out, so I just tried to listen to what others were saying about the differences. The consensus I picked up on seemed to say that there was a most definite difference, but that it didn't necessarily warrant the price difference. Would've loved to listen myself, as I'm still somewhat on the fence on how big the differences with cables could be. 
Shure SE846: Another sucker that sounds like something I would love. How I missed it, I have no idea. Although I'd love to find a way to somehow blame someone else for it. :p

Anyway, that's all for now. Again, guys, I greatly appreciate everyone taking time to come down, hang out, share all your awesome gear, and just make this whole deal a real treat for me. We had a small army of people setting up and breaking down tables, which made everything go much more quickly and easily... I really do appreciate it, guys!!

Apr 11, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #15 of 97
  Well done @Theogenes for another Great Music City Meet!!  It was a fun time and good to see everyone again and meet some new friends.  Nice impressions posted above, @JoeDoe and it was awesome to meet you @wje - an amazing journey for a HP meet!!

I have some pictures and will post them later today.  Most are pretty bad.

Agree with @MattTCG that swapping information and stories with fellow Head-Fiers @jazzfuze is the best part of these events, plus seeing some incredible gear @pippen99.  Enjoy your retirement, Chuck!!

Missed you @jaywillin and @RUMAY408 maybe the fall meet will work for you guys!!

Cheers,
Dick

I agree about Jay and Rumya not being there. Also missed Dan Clark and Joe S. who were becoming regulars. Thanks to everyone who went those extra miles to make it. 

appreciate it guys, like i said, i just wussed out, too pooped to pop as they say, it was nice having a slooooooow day though, the old beat up body doesn't handle hectic like it used to !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back