Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014)
Sep 3, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #436 of 714
Just spoke to Trevor at Norne Audio, my Draug 2 for my 560's will be here before the Meet, but even better, he will be sending me samples to demo at the meet, and share with Ya'll, my Brothers in Audio!

Theogenes if I PM you could you email me the current list so I can forward it to Trevor?

Balanced cables for the HD800 that would be very cool 
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 3, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #437 of 714
I did tell Trevor that your and possibly Matt's 800's would be there! My Draug 2 will be terminated with a 4 pin XLR plus an adapter to a Viablue 1/4", maybe he could send an adapter for mine to an 800? I'll ask.

Sep 4, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #438 of 714
Alright.  So, I'm 95% sure I'm going to be buying this demo pair of HE-400is.  

So, Mission #1 at the meet:

Find the best amp pairing possible.  This is a mission I feel quite confident you will all help me in accomplishing.  Ready team?  Huddle up!  and...BREAK!

Sep 4, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #439 of 714
  i've put myself on lockdown until the meet
at, and after the meet, it'll be "business as usual" !!

Ha!! I'll believe that when I see it, Jay
wink_face.gif

Just spoke to Trevor at Norne Audio, my Draug 2 for my 560's will be here before the Meet, but even better, he will be sending me samples to demo at the meet, and share with Ya'll, my Brothers in Audio!

Theogenes if I PM you could you email me the current list so I can forward it to Trevor?

Sorry, been working like a madman these past few weeks. Saw your PM, thank you for getting in touch with him! Trevor has provided arguably the best service of all the cable guys I've dealt with on the forums thus far, and I think he has some of the most aesthetically pleasing cables too. There are a few guys hardwiring the HE-6 with Draug 2 and raving about the sound, so I'm curious to hear how it plays out!

Find the best amp pairing possible.  This is a mission I feel quite confident you will all help me in accomplishing.  Ready team?  Huddle up!  and...BREAK!

Ha!! Another mortgage payment bites the dust
evil_smiley.gif

Great to hear that you're liking them, man!! I really liked the HE-400 when I first heard them, and they were being driven by a Pico Power portable amp off an iPad, so unless these are significantly less efficient, I'd say there will be a bunch of stuff at the meet capable of driving them. The Meier stuff seems to generally be very neutral, and knowing your preference for neutral gear, I'd say Rumay's Classic would almost certainly be worth a listen.

Don't worry-- we'll find you something to buy. *cackles maniacally*

Sep 4, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #440 of 714
Oh! Also: I've updated the second post with some specifics on what Aurisonics will be bringing (ASG-1+, ASG-1.5, ASG-2.5, and Rockets), and updated all the vendor items with links to their products pages (when I could find 'em) in case anybody wants to look at what will be there beforehand.

I've also sent out emails and PMs to some of the vendors who expressed an interest in attending, and hopefully we'll get some more confirmations in soon!! Stay tuned :wink:

Updated vendor gear w/ links (copied from post #2):

Other Contributions
Paradox Slant (from FlySweep)

Vendor Contributions
ZMF V1
ZMF Vibro (new tuning!)
HiFiMan HE-400i
HiFiMan HE-560
Aurisonics ASG-2.5
Aurisonics ASG-1.5
Aurisonics ASG-1+
Aurisonics Rockets

Sep 4, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #441 of 714

I have an excellent little answer, just happen too have a mint, lightly used E17 in the box, with all of the accessories, I'll be bringing it so you can check it out, or perhaps an excellent iFi iDSD Nano...I could be talked in too parting with :smiling_imp::innocent:!

Sep 4, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #442 of 714
I have an excellent little answer, just happen too have a mint, lightly used E17 in the box, with all of the accessories, I'll be bringing it so you can check it out, or perhaps an excellent iFi iDSD Nano...I could be talked in too parting with :smiling_imp::innocent:!

Oh, I've already got an Asgard 1 to use with them, and it sounds fine.  

Just wondering if any particular amp pairings would really make them sing.  When I stumbled upon the Valhalla (and really any good OTL tube amp) for my DT880s, it was mind-blowing.

Sep 4, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #443 of 714
Kevin was just kind enough to remind me that I hadn't gotten the room rates yet, so I called and got those really quickly for anyone interested in staying at the Best Western itself on the night of the 19th:

As of the time that I called them, they have one double left (there are a few ballgames in town, it seems), at $76 (all prices w/out tax); a few single queens at $69.48; and a couple of single kings at $76.49. Anyone interested should call and ask for David Legg, one of the managers, at (615) 790-0570, and tell him you're coming down for the headphone meet. He assured me he'd take care of us!

I've never stayed at the place, so I don't know how the rooms or anything are, unfortunately. I can say that the building itself looks a bit old and worn, but the conference room is actually surprisingly nice. Not sure what inferences you can draw from that, but there you go!

Also, it's about time to start figuring out who's going out to dinner on the 19th and where we want to eat! (I'd also be down for the 20th if that works out better for peeps). I'm looking at around 7-8pm that night, and I'm open to suggestions on where you'd like to go! If you plan on coming, please do let me know, as we didn't make reservations last time and we ran poor Eric and my buddy Josh halfway across the city trying to find somewhere that wasn't packed-- and I'd like to avoid that this time :wink:.

So: if you're interested in meeting up for dinner and a beer or two, drop me a PM or leave a message here and let me know! Also, if anyone has any particularly brilliant suggestions for delectable eateries, I'm all ears-- bring 'em on!!
beerchug.gif

Sep 4, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #444 of 714
  Kevin was just kind enough to remind me that I hadn't gotten the room rates yet, so I called and got those really quickly for anyone interested in staying at the Best Western itself on the night of the 19th:

As of the time that I called them, they have one double left (there are a few ballgames in town, it seems), at $76 (all prices w/out tax); a few single queens at $69.48; and a couple of single kings at $76.49. Anyone interested should call and ask for David Legg, one of the managers, at (615) 790-0570, and tell him you're coming down for the headphone meet. He assured me he'd take care of us!

I've never stayed at the place, so I don't know how the rooms or anything are, unfortunately. I can say that the building itself looks a bit old and worn, but the conference room is actually surprisingly nice. Not sure what inferences you can draw from that, but there you go!

Also, it's about time to start figuring out who's going out to dinner on the 19th and where we want to eat! (I'd also be down for the 20th if that works out better for peeps). I'm looking at around 7-8pm that night, and I'm open to suggestions on where you'd like to go! If you plan on coming, please do let me know, as we didn't make reservations last time and we ran poor Eric and my buddy Josh halfway across the city trying to find somewhere that wasn't packed-- and I'd like to avoid that this time :wink:.

So: if you're interested in meeting up for dinner and a beer or two, drop me a PM or leave a message here and let me know! Also, if anyone has any particularly brilliant suggestions for delectable eateries, I'm all ears-- bring 'em on!!
beerchug.gif

Burger Republic has a location near downtown.  Great burgers and a pretty solid beer selection.

http://burgerrepublic.com/

Not sure I'll be able to go to dinner this year.  Just realized I have a big cross country meet the morning of the 20th.  I'll still come to the meet, but it won't be til later in the day.  However, my wife would probably divorce me (and rightfully so) if I were gone all night on Friday and then all day on Saturday as well.  

Sep 4, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #446 of 714
  Burger Republic has a location near downtown.  Great burgers and a pretty solid beer selection.

http://burgerrepublic.com/

Not sure I'll be able to go to dinner this year.  Just realized I have a big cross country meet the morning of the 20th.  I'll still come to the meet, but it won't be til later in the day.  However, my wife would probably divorce me (and rightfully so) if I were gone all night on Friday and then all day on Saturday as well.  

We'll add Burger Republic to the list of contenders! Burgers look good and they have Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, so it looks solid to me :wink:.

And I hate that you won't be able to make it!! Heck, compromise by bringing your wife to the meet! Because if there's one thing women love, it's guys talking about gear and football
tongue.gif

As a side note, anyone interested in buying a pair of DT880 premium 250 ohm?  
wink_face.gif

You like the new HFM that much, eh? Very cool! Heck, bring them to the meet if they don't sell before then-- somebody might take 'em off your hands. Plus, if Jay holds to his challenge not to engage in any headphone transactions between now and then, he'll probably have cravings strong enough to rechristen the meaning of the DT880 to "delirium tremens 880" and snatch 'em up just to calm the nerves!
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #447 of 714

Ha!! I'll believe that when I see it, Jay
wink_face.gif

Sorry, been working like a madman these past few weeks. Saw your PM, thank you for getting in touch with him! Trevor has provided arguably the best service of all the cable guys I've dealt with on the forums thus far, and I think he has some of the most aesthetically pleasing cables too. There are a few guys hardwiring the HE-6 with Draug 2 and raving about the sound, so I'm curious to hear how it plays out!

Ha!! Another mortgage payment bites the dust
evil_smiley.gif

Great to hear that you're liking them, man!! I really liked the HE-400 when I first heard them, and they were being driven by a Pico Power portable amp off an iPad, so unless these are significantly less efficient, I'd say there will be a bunch of stuff at the meet capable of driving them. The Meier stuff seems to generally be very neutral, and knowing your preference for neutral gear, I'd say Rumay's Classic would almost certainly be worth a listen.

Don't worry-- we'll find you something to buy. *cackles maniacally*

i'm pretty sure what i've got now i'll be bringing to the meet, now as to whether i leave with all of it or not remains to be seen !
i am wanting to make some moves !

Sep 4, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #448 of 714
  i'm pretty sure what i've got now i'll be bringing to the meet, now as to whether i leave with all of it or not remains to be seen !
i am wanting to make some moves !

Lol! I don't doubt you a bit, brother
beerchug.gif

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #449 of 714
  You like the new HFM that much, eh? Very cool! Heck, bring them to the meet if they don't sell before then-- somebody might take 'em off your hands. Plus, if Jay holds to his challenge not to engage in any headphone transactions between now and then, he'll probably have cravings strong enough to rechristen the meaning of the DT880 to "delirium tremens 880" and snatch 'em up just to calm the nerves!
biggrin.gif

Well, it's more of the fact that I can't afford a stable of headphones.  Got to sell one to afford another, I'm afraid.  
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back