Music City Meet - Nashville, Spring 2018, March 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #61 of 133
Ahh so Now I understand what an 8' is - it's a table!
I thought it was like a trailer or container...duh, pass the pills please.

hahaha, sadly I've only got AdVil no my little car only has space for a table... I'm hoping I can fit everything in it for my NC meet too, though we shall see

Excited to see @JoeDoe is attending too, I've yet to hear an Audio GD R2R and I'm really thinking hard about if I need/want a Dharma D1000... it uses the HD 800 connector and I haev a copper I can purchase and use right away for it... but do I really want copper on it... when I could have Silver >.>

Some one push me over the edge lol

Feb 8, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #62 of 133
I might be able to bring a small table also. Getting a new car (Well new to me) as the one I had was totaled in a head on with my wife at the wheel (Yes she is fine by the way but two airbags deployed) and a 16 year old at the wheel of the other car alone with just a learners permit. Have not tried to put the table in it but think it will fit getting the car Saturday so will check it out. I’ll probably bring just about everything but bring it out as needed. Looking forward to the meet and meeting a few more Head-Fier’s .

Feb 8, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #63 of 133
I might be able to bring a small table also. Getting a new car (Well new to me) as the one I had was totaled in a head on with my wife at the wheel (Yes she is fine by the way but two airbags deployed) and a 16 year old at the wheel of the other car alone with just a learners permit. Have not tried to put the table in it but think it will fit getting the car Saturday so will check it out. I’ll probably bring just about everything but bring it out as needed. Looking forward to the meet and meeting a few more Head-Fier’s .

Wow! I'm happy to hear every one is alright, thanks for chiming in. I'm currently fighting with my manager to let me have Friday off so I can drive up during the day. I've been warned NOT to drive up in TN during the night! As your highway truck drivers are madder than usual apparently....

Feb 8, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #64 of 133
Wow! I'm happy to hear every one is alright, thanks for chiming in. I'm currently fighting with my manager to let me have Friday off so I can drive up during the day. I've been warned NOT to drive up in TN during the night! As your highway truck drivers are madder than usual apparently....
Thanks she is fine . Not sure about the truck drivers though as I’m from Kentucky not Tennessee. Haven’t decided when I’m coming down yet as my wife likes to come with me as we make it like a weekend getaway thing but just had to buy a car so don’t know yet.

Feb 9, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #65 of 133

It is not so much that their drivers are "mad" it is their trucks that are "mad" or out of control. The Smokey mountains in between Nashville and Chattanooga are deceptively steep and have sent even the best drivers into the ditch. Depending on where you are driving from you may not run into the Smokey mountains.

I'm willing to bet there is actually a better chance that you would rear end a trailer than one running you off the road. I think it is actually just as bad for pedestrian vehicles due to the fact that you are sitting much lower to the ground and when going down hill that is a major disadvantage.

There is less traffic on the road at night...but I think having sunlight is the better option especially when going downhill. It gets steep enough in some spots even a pedestrian vehicle can take a long time to stop and you can barely see what is in front of you.

Feb 10, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #66 of 133
I agree that TN is not easy to drive due to the hills.
And, the roads around Tom's house are quite difficult...
In particular, if you're coming in on I-40, then south on TN56, beware...
Because TN56 is a very hilly 2-lane road. I mean 10-degree grades both up and down.
TN56 is best driven in full sunlight...FYI friends.

Feb 10, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #68 of 133
Because TN56 is a very hilly 2-lane road. I mean 10-degree grades both up and down.
Good thank you! I've got a smallish car so it should do alright, easy to stop and I won't have too much weight so I'll slap it in first and climb the hills

Feb 10, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #69 of 133

Don't scare people too much. Highway 56, semis slow to 40 to climb the hills, but it isn't too bad. The 1.7 miles down my street can be scary for people not used to small roads, though a semi did drive down my road to deliver a TV to me.

I'm looking forward to the meet.

Feb 10, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #70 of 133
Don't scare people too much. Highway 56, semis slow to 40 to climb the hills, but it isn't too bad. The 1.7 miles down my street can be scary for people not used to small roads, though a semi did drive down my road to deliver a TV to me.

I used to live down a small country road, I'm used to it lol

Feb 14, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #71 of 133

You're right, Tom. I did make it sound scary...it's not.
It is a nice drive through the countryside!

Feb 15, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #73 of 133
Will do then just the Yggy,Kenzie and Liquid Carbon. Headphones will be The HE-500’s,HD-800’s,Ether-C’s,K872’s,K240’s and The Abyss with some portable stuff. Will have the Koss ESP-950’s also as they don’t take up too much room and can break them out if needed. Might be able to bring a small table also.

Any chance you could bring your RS1s?

Feb 15, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #74 of 133
Feb 16, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #75 of 133
I am planning on making the meet on the 3rd and look forward to meeting some new folks. Working on another audio friend (Scott) to make the drive over with.

To introduce myself....

Joined this forum to follow the Schiit threads after buying a Yggy and then a Freya.

I'm pretty DIY oriented in home audio. "Grew-up" on Martin Logan's and high power and drifted into DIY and low power and efficient speakers...primarily open baffle.

Hoping to bring...

A battery powered tube HD amp...if it's done. And some moosic via an Astell & Kern AK70 mkII.

Cool Jazz (Mark)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back