Music City Meet - Nashville, Spring 2018, March 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #91 of 133
For the people coming from Kentucky on I65, I don't recommend getting off the interstate before exit 38 in KY due to small curvy country road driving for many hours. Thus i recommend exit 38 or exit 2 in KY.

Feb 28, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #93 of 133
Feb 28, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #94 of 133
Sadly, Annette and I will not be attending this time around.
Looks like a very successful meet is in the offing!

We were at Tom's house last year...it's a wonderful place and the host is exceptional.
His sausage is the best! That's the Deutsch coming through.

Tom - I sent the name tags yesterday via USPS - hope they make it for Saturday.

Enjoy yourselves all,
Dick

Feb 28, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #95 of 133
Unfortunately I won’t be making it either, I have a funeral to go to for my grandfather. I was looking forward to this meet for months, but life happens. I’ll be making the next meet you can count on that. Hope you all have a great time!

Feb 28, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #96 of 133
sorry to hear some of you aren't able to make it!

@pinkdan I wish you an your family the best during this time of mourning

Also not to abuse this meet and the members, but I'll be selling my Rs-1 Button and HE 4XX for $380 and $120 cash respectively. I'll have the original box for the HE4XX and a Grado Pizza Box 4 the RS-1 If any one is interested feel free to pm me ahead of time an let's Keep any n all discussions on pms moving forward.

An I'm excited to meet all of you as well!!

I'll also have the new JDS LABS subjective 3 analog eq with me too!

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #97 of 133
Unfortunately I won’t be making it either, I have a funeral to go to for my grandfather. I was looking forward to this meet for months, but life happens. I’ll be making the next meet you can count on that. Hope you all have a great time!

Very sorry to read about your loss, thoughts of peace.

Dick, I hate that you and Annette won’t be there, I was really looking forwarded to seeing you all again, you’ll be missed!

Feb 28, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #98 of 133
SWMBO seems interested in attending, so I may be able to make it. I really hope so.

I am very interested in hearing and experiencing the AK DAP, sorry if I do not recall who stated they would be attending with it. If I am able to make it, I will bring my MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 and my Fiio X5iii. I've been very interested in the AK due to my frustration with the X5iii's very lackluster performance (regarding applications, not audio). I'll leave my Gumby and MJ2 at home unless someone expresses interest in it's appearance, no trouble to bring them at all.

Aside:
I'm a bit frustrated at how I only found out about this meet when I happened to check the HeadFi home page a few days ago and saw a mention like 3 picture notifications down. My first and second meets really changed things for my listening hardware (second meet was when Dan was there and I got to hear my current end game cans the Ether Cs). That said, please pardon any frustrating tone below.

What should/can I do in order to ensure that I am on the list of those informed of meet during the planning stages so that I may plan to attend and/or contribute to it's success? Yes, I was not able to make the last meet, terribly sorry, but life intervened. SWMBO and I were just completely exhausted from the stress of our jobs, particularly Laura who had just changed jobs (actually she began working at my company, boy she's showing some people a thing or three and being notices as I knew she would, let me tell you!). Much appreciated and really respect the effort and time it takes to plan these events, thus I want to know as soon as possible so I can plan to attend.

Also, has anyone heard from Brunley? I'm really worried about him and miss him. (he's got lots of goodies!)

Also 2, I'll try to drag Rohan (aka bigro) with me, but some things that I do not have authority to discuss will most likely intervene. Not to worry, it's all GUD stuff!

Feb 28, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #99 of 133
Very sorry to read about your loss, thoughts of peace.

Dick, I hate that you and Annette won’t be there, I was really looking forwarded to seeing you all again, you’ll be missed!

I second both sentiments. Very sorry to hear about your loss. Not sure how I would handle this.

Assuming I will make it, I will sorely miss Dick and Annette. You two have been at every meet I have attended. How will I cope without you?

Feb 28, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #100 of 133
SWMBO seems interested in attending, so I may be able to make it. I really hope so.

I am very interested in hearing and experiencing the AK DAP, sorry if I do not recall who stated they would be attending with it. If I am able to make it, I will bring my MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 and my Fiio X5iii. I've been very interested in the AK due to my frustration with the X5iii's very lackluster performance (regarding applications, not audio). I'll leave my Gumby and MJ2 at home unless someone expresses interest in it's appearance, no trouble to bring them at all.

Aside:
I'm a bit frustrated at how I only found out about this meet when I happened to check the HeadFi home page a few days ago and saw a mention like 3 picture notifications down. My first and second meets really changed things for my listening hardware (second meet was when Dan was there and I got to hear my current end game cans the Ether Cs). That said, please pardon any frustrating tone below.

What should/can I do in order to ensure that I am on the list of those informed of meet during the planning stages so that I may plan to attend and/or contribute to it's success? Yes, I was not able to make the last meet, terribly sorry, but life intervened. SWMBO and I were just completely exhausted from the stress of our jobs, particularly Laura who had just changed jobs (actually she began working at my company, boy she's showing some people a thing or three and being notices as I knew she would, let me tell you!). Much appreciated and really respect the effort and time it takes to plan these events, thus I want to know as soon as possible so I can plan to attend.

Also, has anyone heard from Brunley? I'm really worried about him and miss him. (he's got lots of goodies!)

Also 2, I'll try to drag Rohan (aka bigro) with me, but some things that I do not have authority to discuss will most likely intervene. Not to worry, it's all GUD stuff!

I just happened upon the Meet when it was posted on the Front Page, after Burnley retired I don’t think one person has a master list of emails. The Meet is an opportunity to start pulling another list together.

I hope you are able to make the Meet, would love to catch up!

Feb 28, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #101 of 133
@pinkdan Sorry to hear about the loss.

I'm glad more folks are seeing the meet.

Mar 1, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #102 of 133
I might be able to bring a small table also. Getting a new car (Well new to me) as the one I had was totaled in a head on with my wife at the wheel (Yes she is fine by the way but two airbags deployed) and a 16 year old at the wheel of the other car alone with just a learners permit. Have not tried to put the table in it but think it will fit getting the car Saturday so will check it out. I’ll probably bring just about everything but bring it out as needed. Looking forward to the meet and meeting a few more Head-Fier’s .
Will you bring the lighting cable for iSINE 20 ? My friend got the iSINE 20 few months ago. He highly recommend me to use iSINE 20 as a daily earphone.

Mar 1, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #104 of 133
Hello There! I will have a couple Cipher Cables on hand for the iSINE10/iSINE20 and the LCDi4!
Oh awesome It'll be good to meet you man! Will you happen to have any of Audeze's Dac or Dac/Amps on hand?

Mar 1, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #105 of 133

Aside:

Sorry @pinkdan to hear about your family's loss.

Well, I guess Ron @rmoody that I'm to blame for the lack of communication.
Last year, I sent out 3-4 PM's to folks who had attended past meets (those who I knew). I didn't do that, this time.
We rely more on creating a Meet thread in the proper forum on Head-Fi, instead of personal e-mails or PMs.
Sometimes, Head-Fi puts a link to the meet thread on their home page, but we don't have any control over that.

So, in another post...I will list out the screen names of everyone in my little blue book, as a starting point for next time.

And, sadly, it's me with the AK240. Sorry it won't be at the meet.
I can testify that it is a savvy DAP.
Mine is acting as a DAC/pre-amp and coupled with an Oppo HA-2 as the main amp.

That combination is great. It has enough oomph to drive even my HD800 quite well.
I used it last night with my LCD-4 and the sound was great. Plenty of bass and a nice vertical sound stage.

I looked around for some deals on AK equipment, here's what I found out...
AK120ii - now discontinued, used for $630 at B&H Photo Video, 256GB max, 24/192 + DSD capable, Cirrus CS4398 DAC chips (x2)
AK240 - also discontinued, used for $1,450 at B&H, used for $900 (!) on Head-Fi, 384GB max, rest is the same as the AK120ii
AK380 - $1,550 on Head-Fi and comes with the matching AK amplifier - this is a great deal.
I had an AK120ii and gave it to my brother when I got the AK240. Both are great.
I would recommend a paired amp unless you're just driving IEM's. The Oppo HA-2 is a nice match.

Hope this helps -
Dick

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back