Music City Meet - Nashville, Spring 2018, March 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #46 of 133
Non the less, Guys I'll be attending this meet. Though what's the size of the space were going to work with? If I bring my full collection like I usually do it takes about 3 8 footers, but I can bring less

The main space is a large living, kitchen, dining room and sun room. Tables is my concern currently. There isn't really room for one person to take 24 feet, unless you load the bedroom, and bring some extra tables or load your stuff on the beds (2 twin next to each other to make a king and a full size). If needed we could open up downstairs, which is another large living room.

Jan 29, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #47 of 133
What production is your Sextett? I'll be attending this as well and I have an MP, I also have a K240 M which you have as well though mine's got Velours and is balanced for 4pin XLR. So lol if yours are 100% stock I'll be curious to hear how they compare!

Non the less, Guys I'll be attending this meet. Though what's the size of the space were going to work with? If I bring my full collection like I usually do it takes about 3 8 footers, but I can bring less
Not for sure which productions are the 240’s I have.

Jan 29, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #48 of 133
Hello All,
Great response to the meet thread, folks.
This will be fun!

But...space is limited as Tom wrote above.
Oh - and we can bring a 6' table, Tom.

So - Brent - maybe bring 1/2 of your gear above and only 1-2 amps.
I think many will be interested in hearing the Yggy...thanks.
The higher-end gear will be of most interest, IMO.

Since the Schiit-Kit will have their low-moderate equipment,
And the Audez'e rep will have all of their equipment...except for -
I will bring my LCD-4, as it's not on the Audez'e list and should be heard by all.

Thanks to @Schiit and @Audeze for attending the meet!
Looking forward, Tom!

Jan 29, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #49 of 133
Will do then just the Yggy,Kenzie and Liquid Carbon. Headphones will be The HE-500’s,HD-800’s,Ether-C’s,K872’s,K240’s and The Abyss with some portable stuff. Will have the Koss ESP-950’s also as they don’t take up too much room and can break them out if needed. Might be able to bring a small table also.

Jan 29, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #50 of 133
+1 mate. People will be very interested in that equipment!!
Will be good to see you again.

Jan 29, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #52 of 133
Oh I forgot...The Abyss!
Hell Yes!!
The Abyss I haven't heard yet either. Maybe i'll get some listening time in on this meet. last meet i think i only listened about 15 minutes and i socialized most of the rest of the time.

Jan 30, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #53 of 133
+1 It was fun socializing.
And, my goal of hearing Chuck's LCD-4 on my rig was accomplished. That led to me buying them...

Jan 30, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #54 of 133
The main space is a large living, kitchen, dining room and sun room. Tables is my concern currently. There isn't really room for one person to take 24 feet, unless you load the bedroom, and bring some extra tables or load your stuff on the beds (2 twin next to each other to make a king and a full size). If needed we could open up downstairs, which is another large living room.

20180128_102155.jpg

This was the 8-footer that I just came down from Philly with

Got another meet in North Carolina in two weeks I will see how much space I actually use because I might be able to organize a little bit more efficiently

I surely don't want you to have to open up another room or inconvenience you any more than you already are

Hello All,
Great response to the meet thread, folks.
This will be fun!

But...space is limited as Tom wrote above.
Oh - and we can bring a 6' table, Tom.

So - Brent - maybe bring 1/2 of your gear above and only 1-2 amps.
I think many will be interested in hearing the Yggy...thanks.
The higher-end gear will be of most interest, IMO.

Since the Schiit-Kit will have their low-moderate equipment,
And the Audez'e rep will have all of their equipment...except for -
I will bring my LCD-4, as it's not on the Audez'e list and should be heard by all.

Thanks to @Schiit and @Audeze for attending the meet!
Looking forward, Tom!

Will do then just the Yggy,Kenzie and Liquid Carbon. Headphones will be The HE-500’s,HD-800’s,Ether-C’s,K872’s,K240’s and The Abyss with some portable stuff. Will have the Koss ESP-950’s also as they don’t take up too much room and can break them out if needed. Might be able to bring a small table also.

The Abyss I haven't heard yet either. Maybe i'll get some listening time in on this meet. last meet i think i only listened about 15 minutes and i socialized most of the rest of the time.

Ok cool, in that case @buke9 I might bring my reCable'd 240 Sextett as it's pretty special I think plus I'm curious to see how it compares to yours. @RCBinTN I think I'll bring my Pre-Fazor LCD 2 as I think it's quite a step up from all of the modern LCD 2's I've heard both past an present. So I'll be curious to see how the 2C compares to an older 2.2 Lcd 2. I heard the 4 over the weekend and it was pretty special too

For Amps/dacs I'll likely have my nicer portable set up. So my Hifiman HM901 with my Pico Power for SE headphones and my iBasso PB2 for balanced Headphones with my Ol Switcher in the middle + the Shanling M3S. Amp wise I'll have my NFB10ES2 which is my primary Dac and it has it's own Balanced out but I'll likely bring my Project Ember II and hopefully my Modded/Re-Capped Appj pa1502a. I can leave the Vali and JDS El Dac at home unless some one is curious.

Headphone wise, @buke9 again is your HD 800 stock or what mods does it have? I have the SDR mod in mine and a reCable. But I'd like every one who hasn't to hear the HE 4XX and the ZMF Eikon at least, so

Zmf Eikon, HD 800, 2012 Pre-Fazor LCD 2, HE 4, HE 4XX, Akg K240, Modded ATH ES10 with my amp/Dacs on my 8' and my portables on a smaller 2' if that's alright would likely by what I take along.

If any one would like to hear some Grado Style headphones again let me know, as I can bring my Geek Out v2+ with either my Ypsilon or my Nhoord. I may bring them anyways as I might be able to fit them on the little Table as well

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #55 of 133

@buke9 I might bring my reCable'd 240 Sextett as it's pretty special I think plus I'm curious to see how it compares to yours.

Headphone wise, [USER=419674]@buke9
again is your HD 800 stock or what mods does it have? I have the SDR mod in mine and a reCable. But I'd like every one who hasn't to hear the HE 4XX and the ZMF Eikon at least, so

Zmf Eikon, HD 800, 2012 Pre-Fazor LCD 2, HE 4, HE 4XX, Akg K240, Modded ATH ES10 with my amp/Dacs on my 8' and my portables on a smaller [/USER]

My 800’s are stock. I would like to hear your 240’s. Was about to buy the Eikons and found the deal on The Abyss so went with them.

Jan 30, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #56 of 133
Hey all, sounds like this will be great.

Just an update,
I've also got an ifi ican pro, idac and iDSD nano BL I'll be bringing as well.

I can bring my Mr. Speakers Aeon closed if anyone wants
And I have my HD800's which have some super secret sauce mods (sdr, pad swap, mass loaded driver, other damping driver mods, etc. etc.)

Jan 30, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #57 of 133
I can also bring a table. It's one of those gray folding 6' plasticky fiberglass ones. Super excited to hear the Kenzie. I am in the market for an OTC tube amp, and have been looking at that one.

Sadly, I do not believe I'll be bringing the Heron 5. A friend of mine is using it in his studio and swears he needs to keep it in his chain for the current album they are mixing for continuity.

I am, however, also another one of those people anxiously awaiting a CTH, so hoping it gets here on time, though not holding my breath. I also sold my P7s so they are off the table (literally), although I'm sure they won't be sorely missed.

Particularly excited to hear some of the different 800s y'all are bringing! I didn't like them so much when I first auditioned them a few years ago, but since then my tastes may have changed a little bit. A lot of people say the Dharmas have quite a few things in common with them so I'm excited to compare. They are definitely my favorite headphone in my inventory. I also didn't like the momentums that also seem to be popular, maybe I just had something against senns. I feel like my tastes have refined a bit though.

The abyss also seems so interesting to me. I know they don't measure particularly amazingly (then again neither do the dharmas) but everyone I've ever conversed with that owns a pair swears by them! Can't wait to give them a listen.

Also, @Mshenay, please bring the geek-outs. I would love to give them a try.

EDIT: On a side note for anyone who can help me, has anyone come across a super quiet step-up transformer? My Elise is a 220v, and the step up trans I have has audible hum. Not to the point that it's noticeable under music, but it's certainly there. When I had the Elise in Europe it was whisper quiet. It's a fantastic amp that I am excited to bring, just want it to sound it's best.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #58 of 133
I can also bring a table. It's one of those gray folding 6' plasticky fiberglass ones. Super excited to hear the Kenzie. I am in the market for an OTC tube amp, and have been looking at that one.

Sadly, I do not believe I'll be bringing the Heron 5. A friend of mine is using it in his studio and swears he needs to keep it in his chain for the current album they are mixing for continuity.

I am, however, also another one of those people anxiously awaiting a CTH, so hoping it gets here on time, though not holding my breath. I also sold my P7s so they are off the table (literally), although I'm sure they won't be sorely missed.

Particularly excited to hear some of the different 800s y'all are bringing! I didn't like them so much when I first auditioned them a few years ago, but since then my tastes may have changed a little bit. A lot of people say the Dharmas have quite a few things in common with them so I'm excited to compare. They are definitely my favorite headphone in my inventory. I also didn't like the momentums that also seem to be popular, maybe I just had something against senns. I feel like my tastes have refined a bit though.

The abyss also seems so interesting to me. I know they don't measure particularly amazingly (then again neither do the dharmas) but everyone I've ever conversed with that owns a pair swears by them! Can't wait to give them a listen.

Also, @Mshenay, please bring the geek-outs. I would love to give them a try.

EDIT: On a side note for anyone who can help me, has anyone come across a super quiet step-up transformer? My Elise is a 220v, and the step up trans I have has audible hum. Not to the point that it's noticeable under music, but it's certainly there. When I had the Elise in Europe it was whisper quiet. It's a fantastic amp that I am excited to bring, just want it to sound it's best.

No problem! I like it too and a lot of ppl seem interested in it, and oooooh a Dharma D1000! You lucky dog, I heard one over the weekend and it was lovely. Wish I'd gotten one back in the day but oh well

An I'm also excited to hear the various HD 800s!

Jan 30, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #59 of 133
Hey all, sounds like this will be great.

Just an update,
I've also got an ifi ican pro, idac and iDSD nano BL I'll be bringing as well.

I can bring my Mr. Speakers Aeon closed if anyone wants
And I have my HD800's which have some super secret sauce mods (sdr, pad swap, mass loaded driver, other damping driver mods, etc. etc.)
Please bring your 800’s as it would be nice to hear the different mods and the bone stock like mine. Will be hearing to iCan Pro at a get together in Dayton this weekend and hoping with the power it has will drive the Abyss proper.

Feb 1, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #60 of 133
Ahh so Now I understand what an 8' is - it's a table!
I thought it was like a trailer or container...duh, pass the pills please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back