Music City Meet - Nashville, Spring 2018, March 3: Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #31 of 94
Thanks so much to everyone who came, Thom for hosting and helping out, Evan and audeze for bringing gear and helping me with the ridiculous amount of boxes. Had a great time meeting new and old friends.

Standouts for me were the Airist Heron 5 - wow. Such relaxed and pure midrange and treble made this a joy to listen to. I also really enjoyed the Audeze LC2C, what a nice smooth midrange and bass. Might have to pick one up when I have actual money XD

Of course, Thom's two-channel system was kind of the unbeatable highlight. Pass Labs and Quad... really not much place to go up from there.

@Mshenay I've already changed up the mods on my HD800's... it's a lot better now I think. Wait for measurements and an extensive write-up you-know-where. Kudos and thanks for bringing so much stuff too! Those Bill-P headphones were surprising. He's a tremendous modder.

Was glad a new guy got the raffle prize, what a fantastic place to start!

@architect5150 Thanks for bringing great energy and gear. I know Zach enjoys pairing his Eikon's with the Elise a lot too. Hope to see you around more! Stay in touch.

@evanrude Thanks for the ride and help and being a really engaging conversation companion. I hope we get to do more events and collaborations together and I look forward to seeing you at Axpona! Do Let me know about Cleveland/Atlanta/Austin, we're seriously looking at getting the schiitkit over to those locations.

Kevin (can't recall which handle belongs to who) it was great seeing you again and glad you're feeling better. The clear's with the Heron was a superb setup. I'm looking forward to seeing you around more, we always have fun and positive conversations.

Mar 6, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #32 of 94
Just wanted to hop on here quick and also say a BIG thank you to @kilkil .
The real winner of the day was the immense amount of shop talk that took place throughout. Hearing others' backgrounds, preferences, insights, it was all so fun to soak it up with people who (possibly) don't think I'm crazy.
To me, this is the best part of the meets...even more so than the gear, which was uber this time.
It's getting to know the people who drive and support the hobby so well.
Sorry I couldn't attend. Anyway, I would like to thank Tom, Audez'e and Schiit for making this the best Nashville meet in years.
And all you Head-Fiers and new people who showed up!

Mar 6, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #34 of 94
Thank Tom @kilkil for holding such a wonderful event. Thank Kevin @Wildcatsare1 for bringing me to this meet. Thank @Mshenay for sharing his collection and his thought on Hi-fi. Thank Brent @buke9 for the amazing Abyss Diana. Thanks to everyone to share a great weekend.
Not the Diana’s The AB-1266.

Mar 6, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #35 of 94
Kevin is @Wildcatsare1, a former linebacker for the University of Arizona Wildcats.
Now living in Lexington, KY.
Hey there, Kevin...did I get all that right? :)

You did, albeit shorter and far more gimpy than I was in the late 70’s at the U. Of AZ.

@ThePianoMan , it was great meeting you in person, thanks for bringing the Shiit!

Mar 6, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #36 of 94
i caved in and just bought the Chord Mojo. After hearing it with my Alclair's it was difficult not to acquire. I wasn't intending on buying anything due to the meet, since my intent for the meet was just to hang out with people and geek out on audio.

Mar 6, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #37 of 94
i caved in and just bought the Chord Mojo. After hearing it with my Alclair's it was difficult not to acquire. I wasn't intending on buying anything due to the meet, since my intent for the meet was just to hang out with people and geek out on audio.
The Chord Mojo is a solid performer no need to feel any other way than good for your purchase.

Mar 7, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #38 of 94

I love the Mojo with my Studio 4’s!

Mar 7, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #39 of 94
the portable market is what i haven't really touched, mostly because i didn't want to keep another device charged. Though as you know, the mojo really makes the studio 4's sing.

Mar 7, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #41 of 94
Nice, Tom! I just discovered that Mojo is short for Mobile Joy. Very inventive!

Mar 7, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #42 of 94
the portable market is what i haven't really touched, mostly because i didn't want to keep another device charged. Though as you know, the mojo really makes the studio 4's sing.

I'll be frank, as a some what collector of mobile stuff having ONE good portable is something you'll appreciate! It gives you a sense of mobility as well as a dedicated secondary the peace of mind of always having a better than sufficient back up lol, non the less enjoy man
Nice, Tom! I just discovered that Mojo is short for Mobile Joy. Very inventive!

Oh I like that, the Chord Mobile Joy or MoJo for short, neat

Mar 7, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #43 of 94
I agree, @Mshenay. On the days I don't feel like setting up the big rig, my AK240 / Oppo HA-2 works very well, even driving headphones!

Mar 7, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #44 of 94
Thanks so much to everyone who came, Thom for hosting and helping out, Evan and audeze for bringing gear and helping me with the ridiculous amount of boxes. Had a great time meeting new and old friends.

Standouts for me were the Airist Heron 5 - wow. Such relaxed and pure midrange and treble made this a joy to listen to. I also really enjoyed the Audeze LC2C, what a nice smooth midrange and bass. Might have to pick one up when I have actual money XD

Of course, Thom's two-channel system was kind of the unbeatable highlight. Pass Labs and Quad... really not much place to go up from there.

@Mshenay I've already changed up the mods on my HD800's... it's a lot better now I think. Wait for measurements and an extensive write-up you-know-where. Kudos and thanks for bringing so much stuff too! Those Bill-P headphones were surprising. He's a tremendous modder.

Was glad a new guy got the raffle prize, what a fantastic place to start!

@architect5150 Thanks for bringing great energy and gear. I know Zach enjoys pairing his Eikon's with the Elise a lot too. Hope to see you around more! Stay in touch.

@evanrude Thanks for the ride and help and being a really engaging conversation companion. I hope we get to do more events and collaborations together and I look forward to seeing you at Axpona! Do Let me know about Cleveland/Atlanta/Austin, we're seriously looking at getting the schiitkit over to those locations.

Kevin (can't recall which handle belongs to who) it was great seeing you again and glad you're feeling better. The clear's with the Heron was a superb setup. I'm looking forward to seeing you around more, we always have fun and positive conversations.

Was great meeting you in person @ThePianoMan! Great conversation and I look forward to a future Nashville event. Thom, thank you again for your hospitality - and it was great to meet so many fantastic people there.

Mar 7, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #45 of 94
I agree, @Mshenay. On the days I don't feel like setting up the big rig, my AK240 / Oppo HA-2 works very well, even driving headphones!
Does that mean you don't leave the home setup out? Maybe I'm spoiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back