Music City Meet - Nashville, Spring 2018, March 3: Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2018 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 94

kilkil

500+ Head-Fier
Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #2 of 94
First off have to thank Tom for a great meet. Had a great time today and meeting some new new friends in the process.

Mar 4, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #5 of 94
Terrific meet! Thank you Tom for offering your beautiful home to us. What a view! Even the drive was spectacular.

The AK 70ii was everything I hoped for. On the way home, I found someone selling their AK 240 for $850 and pulled the trigger. Fingers crossed!

I managed to extract my memory card from my Fiio X5iii (.032 safety wire, FTW!) and found that the little carrier was damaged, both are actually. The things are made of such cheap pot metal it's no surprise. I'll be sending the thing back to Fiio for repair and then selling it. Never again will I own a DAP that uses a carrier for the memory card(s). What a relief! I can take the AK SP1000 off my list! (That's a joke because $3.5k, yeah, www.notgonnahappen.com).

Loved the Audeze planar magnetic IEMs, particularly the LCDi4, very very nice! SWMBO who always thought she could not hear the difference was wowed.

Let me know if there is anything I can do logistically to assist with planning the next meet.

Mar 4, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #6 of 94
Terrific meet! Thank you Tom for offering your beautiful home to us. What a view! Even the drive was spectacular.

The AK 70ii was everything I hoped for. On the way home, I found someone selling their AK 240 for $850 and pulled the trigger. Fingers crossed!

I managed to extract my memory card from my Fiio X5iii (.032 safety wire, FTW!) and found that the little carrier was damaged, both are actually. The things are made of such cheap pot metal it's no surprise. I'll be sending the thing back to Fiio for repair and then selling it. Never again will I own a DAP that uses a carrier for the memory card(s). What a relief! I can take the AK SP1000 off my list! (That's a joke because $3.5k, yeah, www.notgonnahappen.com).

Loved the Audeze planar magnetic IEMs, particularly the LCDi4, very very nice! SWMBO who always thought she could not hear the difference was wowed.

Let me know if there is anything I can do logistically to assist with planning the next meet.
Well done, Ron! That's a great price for an AK240.
You will love it. The build quality is very decent!

Mar 4, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #7 of 94
The A&k 380 with the attached amp is very pricey but boy is it good I’m sure the SP1000 is as well.
Oh and @kilkil forgot about the power Chord it is on the couch in the sunroom forgot about it and thanks again.

Mar 4, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #8 of 94
The AK SP1000 is absolutely gorgeous. If I upgrade, and a big if, at $3,500, I would consider it.

Mar 4, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #9 of 94
After what happened to my X5iii at the meet, I'm very leery of those memory card carriers. I'm just glad I got the card out of the thing. I'm sure that AK would make the thing from something other than the cheap pot metal that Fiio used.

It's a hell of a performer from the specs. Flagship phone level hardware, 8 core processor, camera, big screen, they claim 11 hour battery life. If there ever was an AK worth $3.5k it's the one.

Mar 4, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #10 of 94
Well, the list price of the AK240 was $2,500.
Until the AK380 came out at $3,800.
Y'all know how that stuff works...the AK240 is still a great DAP.

Mar 4, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #11 of 94
Haven’t heard the SP1000 but the 380 is without a doubt the best Dap I have heard and the most costly also.

Mar 4, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #12 of 94
I agree, it was a great meet, I'm glad y'all were able to make it. Thanks everyone for coming and bringing your gear and knowledge to share.

Mar 4, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #14 of 94
Guys.

I need pictures!
Several other folks took pictures, so I myself refrained. Though yes I'm hoping for pictures myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back