Music City Meet - Nashville, Spring 2018, March 3: Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #16 of 94
Wonderful meet, thanks to Schiit and their fantastic representative and raffle my buddy was able to win a Jotunheim. This guy came in knowing and having nothing and now has a great first step for any direction.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the meet. I appreciate that the raffle item was won by someone needing equipment.

Mar 5, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #17 of 94
Great Meet Tom, you are a fantastic host, it was great seeing old Friends and making many new ones!

Mar 5, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #18 of 94
Huge thanks to Tom, an excellent excellent host for a great meet. I enjoyed meeting folks who I only knew through Head Fi, great gear (loved the Abyss and the i4), but nothing I heard matched Tom’s Quad and Pass Amp 2 channel system, nor his fine beer and mead collection!

Mar 5, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #19 of 94
Thanks for hosting Tom. It was a great meet and it was great to hang out with everyone.

Highlights for me where the ZMF Eikon (a must have for me at some point) and the Abyss. I also enjoyed being able to listen to some different aftermarket driver Grado style builds which convinced me I need a Magnum build. Also the meet confirmed I need a Liquid Carbon.

Mar 5, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #20 of 94
20180303_160812.jpg
20180303_160756.jpg
20180303_123632.jpg
20180303_092943.jpg
20180303_113351.jpg

20180303_120742_edited.jpeg
20180303_022426.jpg

Audio Highlights 4 me were the Aybss & Chord Mojo. Opposite ends of the spectrum but no less impressive either way

An a big thanks to @kilkil for hosting, his hospitality and bratwurst are excellent!

Though getting to mingle with everyone made this worthwhile I really had a blast! It was great chatting with all of you an hearing your systems, @architect5150's Elise was also wonderful with my Eikon and the Mytek DAC he had with it.

@evanrude had an awesome spread from Audeze as well, so I finally got to hear the LCD 2c

and finally @ThePianoMan's heavy modded HD800 was like nothing I've head prior! definatley a memorable experience

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #21 of 94

Audio Highlights 4 me were the Aybss & Chord Mojo. Opposite ends of the spectrum but no less impressive either way

An a big thanks to @kilkil for hosting, his hospitality and bratwurst are excellent!

Though getting to mingle with everyone made this worthwhile I really had a blast! It was great chatting with all of you an hearing your systems, @architect5150's Elise was also wonderful with my Eikon and the Mytek DAC he had with it.

@evanrude had an awesome spread from Audeze as well, so I finally got to hear the LCD 2c

and finally @ThePianoMan's heavy modded HD800 was like nothing I've head prior! definatley a memorable experience
Well done - thanks for the pictures!
Are the LCD-2C a closed version of the LCD-2F?

Mar 5, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #22 of 94

LCD2c "classic" it's basically a pre-fazor LCD2, warmer, more lush,
i haven't heard it, although i have owned both the lcd2.2, and 2.2F, and would agree the prefazored LCD2 is warmer

Mar 5, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #23 of 94

Dickyou and Annette were missed, hope you can make the next meet!

Mar 5, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #26 of 94

Awesome pictures, thanks for posting! Are you in one of the posted pictures, and if so, which one?

Mar 5, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #27 of 94
WP_20180303_13_10_20_Rich.jpg
WP_20180303_13_11_06_Rich.jpg
WP_20180303_14_53_52_Rich.jpg

@DelsFan sent me these images to post.

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #28 of 94
@kilkil good shot of the Audeze Table!

@moedawg140 sadly didn't get a pic of my self! But there are a few videos this one has the the Audeze Schiit Table in the back ground,

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #29 of 94
@kilkil good shot of the Audeze Table!

@moedawg140 sadly didn't get a pic of my self! But there are a few videos this one has the the Audeze Schiit Table in the back ground,

Nice, thanks! Pimpin’ ain’t easy! :smiley:

Mar 5, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #30 of 94
Just wanted to hop on here quick and also say a BIG thank you to @kilkil . Great place, great food, great gear, and great view! Awesome host.

Standouts for me were:

Amps/Dacs:
Mojo - Gonna have to grab me one of those ASAP before all my April work travel!
Heron 5 - So pure, yet so beastly.
APPJ - What a cool affordable little dude.
Magni 3 - Thanks for the late clue-in @ThePianoMan that thing was fun!
Mjolnir - Didn't get a ton of listening time but the industrial design is eye catching, and it's pretty versatile. Maybe someday.

Headphones:
The MX4. Very versatile, and I preferred the sound signature over the other LCD products there. Just my luck, way out of my price range at the moment.
The stock Ether C - Seemed to make a better impression on me than the last time I heard the C Flow. A more portable closed back than the Eikon is on my short list.
HD800 with the Elise. I've never been a huge HD800 fan but this pairing was pretty sweet! If I didn't have the Dharma I would look into it purely for the pairing at home.

The real winner of the day was the immense amount of shop talk that took place throughout. Hearing others' backgrounds, preferences, insights, it was all so fun to soak it up with people who (possibly) don't think I'm crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back