Music City Meet - Nashville, Spring 2018, March 3: Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #76 of 94
Those KY distilleries need to step up production while maintaining quality!

Oh, and Tom - how's it for you traveling less?
You are making me want some bourbon now.

It is weird to be traveling less, though I do enjoy my time at home and on the boat. Next time you were this way, stop by, it's been forever since I've seen y'all.

May 1, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #77 of 94
Just checked and the Louisville store has some also. I’m about 6000 miles away from the store at the moment though. Never had the stuff might check it out as my favorite is no more OKI very good stuff and have only three bottles stashed.

May 1, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #78 of 94
Thanks, Joe, for your kind offer!
Rowan's Creek is decent bourbon and a great value for $30 a bottle.

When we came back to Nashville, 10-years ago, they didn't stock it here.
Our shop ordered some at our request...now, they can't keep it on the shelves.
Around TN it sells for $37 a bottle + 9.75% sales tax!

Great to hear you're nearly back to super hero level, Kevin.
Those guys at Vandy are talented...what did they do for you?

Where you at, Buke? I can see you on the internet checking bourbon inventory - HA!

Annette just checked and The Party Source (Newport, KY) has Rowan's in-stock as well.
There must be something wrong with the local distributors down here.
Or, maybe it's force majeure and offered to KY stores first.
You might need to be careful with that one, Joe.

Thanks for the invitation, Tom. Will let you know when we head toward Center Hill Lake!

May 1, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #79 of 94
I’m in Santorini nice little Greek island.

May 1, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #80 of 94
May 1, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #81 of 94
Thanks, Joe, for your kind offer!
Rowan's Creek is decent bourbon and a great value for $30 a bottle.

When we came back to Nashville, 10-years ago, they didn't stock it here.
Our shop ordered some at our request...now, they can't keep it on the shelves.
Around TN it sells for $37 a bottle + 9.75% sales tax!

Great to hear you're nearly back to super hero level, Kevin.
Those guys at Vandy are talented...what did they do for you?

Where you at, Buke? I can see you on the internet checking bourbon inventory - HA!

Annette just checked and The Party Source (Newport, KY) has Rowan's in-stock as well.
There must be something wrong with the local distributors down here.
Or, maybe it's force majeure and offered to KY stores first.
You might need to be careful with that one, Joe.

Thanks for the invitation, Tom. Will let you know when we head toward Center Hill Lake!

Went back to Ginger Holt, at Vandy Orthopedic Oncology, I don’t have cancer, but the bone destroyed/killed was massive enough to require a rebuild.

This trip was to ensure the wring holding hip together was working and to clean out scar tissue. It was a success, I was under the knife for 3.5 hours, which freaked out Mrs. Wildcat, but they took a lot of pressure off of the nerves in my leg.

The first three weeks of June, I’ll be bacheloring it, so we need to set a “Whiskey Fi” Meetup!

May 1, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #83 of 94
Went back to Ginger Holt, at Vandy Orthopedic Oncology, I don’t have cancer, but the bone destroyed/killed was massive enough to require a rebuild.

This trip was to ensure the wring holding hip together was working and to clean out scar tissue. It was a success, I was under the knife for 3.5 hours, which freaked out Mrs. Wildcat, but they took a lot of pressure off of the nerves in my leg.

The first three weeks of June, I’ll be bacheloring it, so we need to set a “Whiskey Fi” Meetup!
Hey mate, thanks for the update. Sounds like some serious Schiit right there. No more skating around the hardwood floors in your socks!
That's cute...Mrs. Wildcat. I bet she was on the edge of her seat.
Well, early June would be cool for a low-fi meet (meat) up at Tom's house.
We bring the bourbon and cachaca and ask Tom to cook his famous bratwurst.
Only mobile rigs and one pair of headphones allowed. Just speculating!

May 1, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #84 of 94
Hey mate, thanks for the update. Sounds like some serious Schiit right there. No more skating around the hardwood floors in your socks!
That's cute...Mrs. Wildcat. I bet she was on the edge of her seat.
Well, early June would be cool for a low-fi meet (meat) up at Tom's house.
We bring the bourbon and cachaca and ask Tom to cook his famous bratwurst.
Only mobile rigs and one pair of headphones allowed. Just speculating!

Sounds good to me, I'm assuming the weekend, I'm available these days: June 2nd, 3rd, 10th. I'm open to evening meetup during the week (i work until 4CT here at the house) if desired.

May 1, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #85 of 94
Yes it is very nice and baklava is awesome. Sadly it comes to a end tomorrow and one more day in Athens and then a couple of days in Chicago before we head back to Louisville. It has been a great 25th anniversary trip for sure.

May 1, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #86 of 94
B6E9B467-365C-4CFB-9EC9-D9D347A63C31.jpeg
Whiskey-Fi!

May 1, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #87 of 94
Yes it is very nice and baklava is awesome. Sadly it comes to a end tomorrow and one more day in Athens and then a couple of days in Chicago before we head back to Louisville. It has been a great 25th anniversary trip for sure.
Ahhh very nice! Y'all picked a cool place for your anniversary...congratulations from me and Annette.

May 1, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #88 of 94
Hey Tom! Are you really OK with this idea? Bless your heart, my friend.
I would think a weekend due to folks coming in from hours away...I saw Chuck reading the thread but he didn't post (he's thinking about it). @pippen99
Would be nice to see everybody in a summer-time setting with your lake view + Rowan's Creek sounds like a winner.

May 1, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #89 of 94
Hey Tom! Are you really OK with this idea? Bless your heart, my friend.
I would think a weekend due to folks coming in from hours away...I saw Chuck reading the thread but he didn't post (he's thinking about it). @pippen99
Would be nice to see everybody in a summer-time setting with your lake view + Rowan's Creek sounds like a winner.

I'm happy for it, folks can stay Saturday night. If you want the whole weekend, then it has to be June 2-3 (I already have plans on the 9th and starting on the 16th I'll have my daughter for a month, so all of my time will be with her).

Whiskey isn't really going to lure Chuck. It will still be a great time to hang.

Last edited:
May 1, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #90 of 94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back