Music City Meet, Nashville Fall 2016 -- Pictures and Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 10, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #31 of 59
Well, I logged on (insanely belatedly, granted) to say that I've basically had everything I've tried to get venue-wise fall through on me, and it looks like you guys have already jumped all over it! I haven't had a chance to actually read this thread yet (or the other meet thread, I assume there is one), but from seeing the pictures on the first page it already looked waaaaay nicer than the last place we had! 

Guys, I'm very sorry I wasn't able to make this one happen, and even more sorry I didn't see that the meet was already scheduled until now... This is way too late to jump on the forum and try to get something going, and I should have at least hopped on and proved that I wasn't dead or anything. I know how much work it can be to try to throw one of these together, especially on what I assume was short notice, so a huge thank you to the guys who put this together, and again-- I apologize for not being more engaged around here, and not getting online to let you know anything before now. I'll try to read back through this thread and the other meet thread early next week (out of town starting tomorrow afternoon again), and I will be happy to contribute towards whatever costs piled up. 

Hope it was an awesome event! Knowing you guys, it could hardly be otherwise :wink:

(PS-- If you've sent me a PM, I honestly just logged on, saw I had 35 unread PMs, and decided to skip it for now. I'll get to it at some point-- hope you don't take it as a personal slight in any way). 

Did see the new World's Alltime Greatest Headphones per Tyll on YouTube a couple weeks ago though... Thank god it's more than I can even see myself paying for a pair :wink:

Peace!

Nov 10, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #32 of 59
Sup man,

Was good seeing you in Atlanta!

After watching and reading Tylls Utopia review I gotta say I was kinda disappointed after my week of having it to audition. I think there are much better headphones out there. You should get your ears on a pair.. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/817662/focal-utopia-loaner-program/15#post_12854436

Here was a quick write-up I did

Nov 10, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #33 of 59
Well, I logged on (insanely belatedly, granted) to say that I've basically had everything I've tried to get venue-wise fall through on me, and it looks like you guys have already jumped all over it! I haven't had a chance to actually read this thread yet (or the other meet thread, I assume there is one), but from seeing the pictures on the first page it already looked waaaaay nicer than the last place we had! 

Guys, I'm very sorry I wasn't able to make this one happen, and even more sorry I didn't see that the meet was already scheduled until now... This is way too late to jump on the forum and try to get something going, and I should have at least hopped on and proved that I wasn't dead or anything. I know how much work it can be to try to throw one of these together, especially on what I assume was short notice, so a huge thank you to the guys who put this together, and again-- I apologize for not being more engaged around here, and not getting online to let you know anything before now. I'll try to read back through this thread and the other meet thread early next week (out of town starting tomorrow afternoon again), and I will be happy to contribute towards whatever costs piled up. 

Hope it was an awesome event! Knowing you guys, it could hardly be otherwise :wink:

(PS-- If you've sent me a PM, I honestly just logged on, saw I had 35 unread PMs, and decided to skip it for now. I'll get to it at some point-- hope you don't take it as a personal slight in any way). 

Did see the new World's Alltime Greatest Headphones per Tyll on YouTube a couple weeks ago though... Thank god it's more than I can even see myself paying for a pair :wink:

Peace!
Just nice to see your alive. We were thinking you were taken by some cartel or something. Also there are Ether C Flows out there now you can't blame me for you buying them; )

Nov 10, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #34 of 59

Peace!
The Utopia's are quite awesome .

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #35 of 59

Peace!

Nice to hear from you, old friend.  
There's chatter about organizing the next meet.  Can you PM me when you get time?

Thanks, Burnley.
All the Best,
Dick

Nov 12, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #36 of 59
He lives!
Color me relieved. Good to hear from you, we've missed you. Don't be such a stranger!

Might I also add, Go VOLS! (sorry buke, I mean, we did give you guys every chance today with our pathetic defense).

Nov 12, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #37 of 59
He lives!
Color me relieved. Good to hear from you, we've missed you. Don't be such a stranger!

Might I also add, Go VOLS! (sorry buke, I mean, we did give you guys every chance today with our pathetic defense).
No worries we are 5-5 not too bad for Cats football; ) basketball might be a different story: )

Dec 9, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #38 of 59
@Theogenes it is just great to see your post. It was really not much putting it together. I was just glad I found a suitable venue for the right price. I think we all had a great time.

In other news, the Meze 99 Classics in Silver/Walnut finally showed up at my door right before Thanksgiving!

I contacted the Meze Team and they are fine with these being out as a demo unit for our community. I have been enjoying them since late November and I would be glad to pass them for awhie to any others that would like some of their own time with them. The Meze Team wants to give everyone a chance to hear their headphones. So anyone interested, hit me up with a PM and we can make something happen.

Hope everyone is doing well!

PS - just purchased another vintage Magnavox CD player. I think I have a sickness. I can't pass up a good deal on vintage hi-fi gear, especially the sleepers.

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #39 of 59
Hello Nashville Meet Fans,

I am looking forward to our next meet, and to helping organize it.  As members of Head-Fi around the Nashville area, who have attended past meets, you can likely help to shape the landscape of our future meets. Personally, I would like to see ideas flying around on this thread - venue ideas, sponsors, how to get out the word, and timing.  Y'all are a great group of Head-Fiers and have supported the past meets.  Together, let's think about how to grow the experience going forward.

Thanks, hope to hear from you.

Best regards,
Dick Bailey
RCBinTN

Dec 16, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #40 of 59
  Hello Nashville Meet Fans,

I am looking forward to our next meet, and to helping organize it.  As members of Head-Fi around the Nashville area, who have attended past meets, you can likely help to shape the landscape of our future meets. Personally, I would like to see ideas flying around on this thread - venue ideas, sponsors, how to get out the word, and timing.  Y'all are a great group of Head-Fiers and have supported the past meets.  Together, let's think about how to grow the experience going forward.

Thanks, hope to hear from you.

Best regards,
Dick Bailey
RCBinTN

I would love to help, but I don't really know how. Let me know what I can do.

I'd love to see Emotiva and maybe Ultimate Ears make an appearance. Emotiva makes some nice power filter strips and some interesting DACs and such that I did not have time to listen to the last time they came as I was such a n00b. I'm really interested in one of their 2 channel power amps for my home theater to power the front speakers. Since UE doesn't do universals, it'd be hard to listen to their stuff. Be awesome to hear their new UE18 Pro+ though huh? What if somehow we could do 3d ear scans? Yeah, pipe dream.

Apr 20, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #45 of 59
Finding a place and time seems to be the most difficult part. I think the Lane Museum is of the best places we have used.

As for dates i'm free May 13-June 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back