Music City Meet, Nashville Fall 2016 -- Pictures and Impressions Thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
First

Back
1 2 3
Page 4 of 4
  1. pippen99
    I am committed to the St Louis meet May 20 as is Buke9 I believe.  The Lane Museum was ok but the Wifi was not good.

2. 93EXCivic
    I won't be able to make May 13th but I am otherwise free in May.

Lane seemed like a good venue. But it did seem there were some wifi issues.

3. Wildcatsare1
    Hey All, my apologies for disappearing, I am ready to get back in the game. Sounds like you alll had a great Meet, Dick please let me know if I can help in any way.

I'm so sorry I missed everybody in Nashville, sounds like it was a great Meet, at a great location.

4. rtaylor76
    A meetup certainly would be fun. However, I think it might be best to scale back to once a year. I don't have the time or resources to put on at the moment. I am hoping to organize a meet in the fall. Our setups don't change that much and I hope will increase turnout. I am certainly not going to stand in the way if someone wants to organize something. The hardest part is really finding and securing a venue.

I am still looking for alternatives to the Lane Museum and hotel type meeting rooms. I loved Lane too, but the WiFi, and I doubt they have fixed it. If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears.

Wouldn't it be cool if Head-Fi did take a bit for posting classifieds and used it to distribute to locals to organize their headphone meets? Sorry...just thinking out loud.

5. kilkil
    It is about time to start thinking of another meetup. Location is what we always seem to run into issues with.

I just bought a house with a good amount of room and can offer up my house as a meeting spot.
    I am about an hour east of Nashville and i have 50mbps internet service for streaming. Plus my Yggdrasil, Pass XA30.5, and Quad 2905 ESL system is here.

6. pippen99
    Pretty much I am ok with any venue with good wifi. As I am retired most any date is acceptable.

7. RCBinTN
    Hi Tom,
    We should start a new thread for this idea.
    I will start one and post the link below.
    Thanks for stepping up to offer your home! That's cool, my friend.

Best -
    Dick

8. RCBinTN
    Hello Nashville Meet Friends,

Thanks to Tom @kilkil for proposing a new meet!

I started a thread for the proposed meet. Here's the link...

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/a-new-music-city-meet.859744/

Please post your ideas and comments on that thread.

Thanks to Tom for offering to hold the meet at your house!!
    We should bring wine and covered dishes. A home makes that easier.
    We could have a BBQ in the back yard.
    And...headphone equipment!

I hope we can get this organized.
    It would be great to see everybody again!

Best regards,
    Dick

9. pinkdan
    I hope there’s another meet soon, seems like bad luck it was such a small turn out

10. kilkil
    I'm open for another meet, most anytime. Maybe a spring meet?

11. pinkdan

Spring meet sounds perfect, since everyone will be busy until the new year

12. 93EXCivic
    I would be game for a spring meet. I really hated missing the previous one.

13. kilkil
    I think it is best to have a new thread, I started a new thread for the Spring 2018 meet:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/music-city-meet-spring-2018.864134/

RCBinTN likes this.
  14. RCBinTN
First

Back
1 2 3
Page 4 of 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.