Music City Meet - Fall 2015 - Pictures & Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #184 of 260
y'all know me, most any time is good for me, it's that last minute crap that pops up around here that gets in my way
but i'm sooooooooo ready to get to another meet

Feb 20, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #185 of 260
Hey Burnley, glad to hear that you are back in the saddle!!! Hope all is well with your Family!

We are moving to Lexington in June, so late May isn't good for me. April looks great.

Let's see, new gear Liquid Carbon, LCD-3f, Meze 99 Classic, and I have an Airist Herron 5 Amp, and the iFi Retro 50 System in for review, so I will bring at least one of them.

Feb 20, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #186 of 260
  Wooo hoo, I'm ready!
Only date that's bad for me is April 16. That's my homebrew club's Big Ass Brew.
I'd love to bring some of my goodies this time. This will give me a time frame for a portable HDD to bring and setup a laptop to feed my Schiit.
Oh yeah, Go Vols!

Having to choose between beer and headphones is actually forbidden in the US Constitution, under the 'cruel and unusual punishment' clause, so we will definitely try to avoid the 16th if at all possible :wink:

Looking forward to seeing some of your stuff, man!! Oh, and on the Vols-- I got to go to the Outback Bowl, and it was FANTASTIC!!!!!! We ended up blind-lucking into some pretty fantastic seats, and of course the game itself was just about as great as you could possibly hope. The crowd taunts of the Northwestern fans for leaving in the 3rd quarter were probably a little rough, but hey-- they probably shouldn't walk out on their own team :p

I hope that means we might sample some of your inventory....
Work is slamming me, I have lots of west coast trips that usually mean flying home on Saturday, so as of now April 9 and May 14 are my best days, though i should be able to join in at least partially on other weekends.

+1 on beer. Always. 

And April 9th appears to be an early front-runner, as it looks like it works well for most people and isn't on the same day as 800 other audio meets, so you may be in luck!!

April 9th looks good to me.
May is tough for teachers, in general.

See above. April 9th is the only date to get two positive affirmations thus far, and doesn't appear to conflict directly with anyone yet, possibly excepting Jibzilla...

My retirement date is April 1.  So any date is good for me.  My new toys include a Woo WA5 and an Auralic Aries Mini streamer.  Looking forward to this!

Woo-hoo!! Congrats, man!! And man, you are really jumping up there on the good stuff, arentcha? I bet that Auralic streamer sounds amazing... Due to the lack of visual clues when reading typed messages, you probably can't sense my jealousy, but I assure you, it's there. :p

Oooooh, nice.
Let's see, last time I had the Bifrost Uber, which is now a Bimby and Asgard 2. I now have Gungnir non-multibit (I had to steal the USB 2 card from the Bifrost because it was USB 1, got a great deal on it so it was worth it.) and Mjolnir 2 and new cans: MrSpeakers Ether C. That Dan just got my sympathy money last time I guess, could have been the headphones. I doubt I'll have the cash to upgrade the Gungnir before then, but we'll see.
Congrats on retirement!!

Very cool, man!! Yeah, I'm listening to the Ether C as I type this, and it really is just an exceptional headphone. I remember when I heard the original Ethers, I thought they sounded fantastic, but I needed a closed-back version... and lo and behold, Dan already had it cookin'. That guy gets it :wink:

Thank you.  Very much looking forward to retirement.  I also have an ETHER since last meet.  I bought one of Matt's hundreds of cast-off pieces LOL!

Wait, didn't you also order the Ether C at the meet itself, or am I confuzzled? You're just making a run at a world-class setup there, eh? Nice :wink:

Hey, welcome back everyone and especially Burnley our esteemed organizer!!  Looking forward to our next event.  Have at least one new Head-Fier who is interested - @Fido2.  Any dates are cool with me at this point in time.  
Cheers -
Dick

Hey Dick, thanks man!! 'Esteemed' is probably a bit strong, unless it's some corruption of 'steamed' as in my disposition during the #$%^&%$#%&^% UT-Florida game during the meet... In which case, yeah, okay, good point. :p

Please don't use May 21st. We have targeted that date for Canlanta 2016

Another Canlanta?? That was my first headphone meet!!! That is AWESOME, and I would love to be there if I possibly can!! Keep me in the loop, and I will definitely not schedule the meet on a conflicting day. Love my Atlanta guys, don't want to cause any heartache there for sure. 

June would be good for me.

June may be a bit far out-- does April 9th do anything for you? 

Im in! Just let me know whenever.

Will do, man! Good to have you with us!! May I ask where in Tennessee you're located? 

I'm in for early to mid april, will be gone all summer come May.

Boom! And 'gone all summer' sounds like a lot of fun... Hope you're traveling somewhere awesome!

y'all know me, most any time is good for me, it's that last minute crap that pops up around here that gets in my way
but i'm sooooooooo ready to get to another meet

We may just come to your home and abduct you. You enjoy these things way too much to miss 'em. Plus, it's not the same when you aren't there, man :wink:.

Hey Burnley, glad to hear that you are back in the saddle!!! Hope all is well with your Family!
We are moving to Lexington in June, so late May isn't good for me. April looks great.
Let's see, new gear Liquid Carbon, LCD-3f, Meze 99 Classic, and I have an Airist Herron 5 Amp, and the iFi Retro 50 System in for review, so I will bring at least one of them.

Ha! Why am I not surprised you're still amassing the world's largest non-military stockpile of audio gear? :D And yeah, everything is good to go with the family, thank you for asking. 

As for the date, as alluded to above, I'm thinking April 9th, based on the feedback above. Take a look and let me know if this works for you!

I tried to compile a list of potentially competing audio-ish events so we could avoid setting ours up the same day (as that causes all sorts of problems, including giving our vendors and meet supporters headaches and lessening our chances of getting access to their great gear). If anyone knows anything that I'm missing (which is entirely possible), most definitely mention it. It does seem near-miraculous to me that in this minefield of a calendar that there appears to be literally nothing scheduled on April 9th, so I'm naturally skeptical and am worried I'm forgetting/overlooking SuperAudioAwesomenessShow 2016 on the same day that will make life hell on everyone miserable... Please point out to me anything I'm missing here, seriously. 

Canlanta 2016: May 21st
NAB Show: April 16-21
PLS 2016: April 5-8
Acoustical Society of America: May 23-27
Salon Son & Image: March 18-20
AXPONA: April 15-17
High End Munich: May 5-8
New York Audio Show: Nov 4-6
TAVES: Oct 30-Nov 1
Capital AudioFest: July 8-10
Mini Capital Audiofest: March 5
T.H.E Show Newport: June 3-5
California Audio Show: No dates, appears to be in August
CEDIA 2016: Sep 14-17
RMAF: Oct 7-9
CanJam SoCal: March 19-20
CanJam Singapore: Feb 20-21
CanJam London: Aug 26
New Zealand Headphone Meet: July
Carolina CanFEST: March 19
Southeastern Michigan Meet: March 26
Vienna Meet: 27 Feb
Can Con (Australia): Feb 27
DC Head-Fi Meet: Feb 27
Arizona Head-Fi Meet: Jan 30
New York Spring Meet: June 11
ChiUniFi: Feb 6

I also have some concerts I'm attending upcoming on Feb 22nd and May 4th, so those shouldn't be a conflict. 

Take a look, guys, and let me know if April 9th works for you!!

Feb 20, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #187 of 260
Theogenes you are confuzzled.  I know who you are thinking about but can't put a name to the person.  I am good with April 9.  From a personal standpoint the only date that would be better is March 20.  That is a Sunday but I would have HeadFi during the day and  the Moody Blues at the Ryman that night.

Kevin:  I will be bringing my Liquid Carbon if you want to choose another piece to bring.

Lets do this!

Feb 20, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #188 of 260
  Theogenes you are confuzzled.  I know who you are thinking about but can't put a name to the person.  I am good with April 9.  From a personal standpoint the only date that would be better is March 20.  That is a Sunday but I would have HeadFi during the day and  the Moody Blues at the Ryman that night.

Kevin:  I will be bringing my Liquid Carbon if you want to choose another piece to bring.

Lets do this!

Hey, wouldn't be the first time. My bad :s. 

And I saw that Moody Blues concert... That's awesome!! I just saw Beth Hart at the Ryman the other night, and she absolutely SLAYED it. She just has an out-of-this-world vocal ability, and is so obviously enthused about being able to perform, it's infectious. Love her. 

Feb 20, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #189 of 260

Hey, wouldn't be the first time. My bad :s. 

And I saw that Moody Blues concert... That's awesome!! I just saw Beth Hart at the Ryman the other night, and she absolutely SLAYED it. She just has an out-of-this-world vocal ability, and is so obviously enthused about being able to perform, it's infectious. Love her. 

Alabama Shakes and Son Lux are both coming to town.  Don't have tickets to either yet, but am definitely mulling it over.

Feb 20, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #190 of 260
  Alabama Shakes and Son Lux are both coming to town.  Don't have tickets to either yet, but am definitely mulling it over.

Don't know Son Lux, but Alabama Shakes are pretty good... Girlie I'm kindasorta talking to right now is a huge fan, so I might need to look into that. 

Saw Tool when they came through.... *musical mancrush sigh*

Feb 20, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #191 of 260
it took me a while to warm up to alabama shakes, but i kinda like them now, the second album is killer

Feb 20, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #192 of 260
Holy cow, what did you do, Google every audiophile meet in the universe?  What a line-up.  April 9 is good w/ me, BTW.  

We are doing the Nashville Symphony thing this spring.  Taking the kids to watch Star Trek Into Darkness with the symphony, then me and Annette are going to see Mahler's 3rd symphony with the choirs.  Looking forward to it all (will be after the meet, but I'll send impressions).  The kids got to see Pixar with the symphony last year, when I had to travel to Brazil on short notice, and they said it was fantastic.

If you want to check out a great album, try Chris Stapleton's Traveller.  Recommended.

Cheers -
Dick

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #193 of 260

Saw Tool when they came through.... *musical mancrush sigh*

Tool?  Never heard of 'em.  Must be some 2nd-tier hacks still trying to cut it in the biz.  
evil_smiley.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back