Music City Meet - Fall 2015 - Pictures & Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #256 of 260
Hey all, just found out that I will also have a review pair of Alclair's new reference audiophile CIEM in for review. If they are anything like the RSM, then my ears are in for a treat! Hopefully I will be able to get some universals to share at the Meet. Read Joe's statement on the Tra above, the Alclair RSM falls into that category, another reviewer actually stated they are what the Grado in-ears should have been. Combined with the Norne Therium Silver cable they are detail monsters without painful treble issues.

Would love to pick up a Queststyle QP-1R to use for the review, Matt or Joe do you have a recommended contact at Queststyle?

Mar 10, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #258 of 260
I am conversing with Warren to see if he will come and represses end the Cavallis Line,,he's very interested. I'll follow up when I get confirmation.

Do you just have my wallet on speed dial or something? Here I am looking at CIEMs and you're talking up the Alclairs, then I think about what an end-game amp would be, and now you're looking at bringing Cavalli to the meet... I'm beginning to get suspicious, Kevin. 
evil_smiley.gif

Is it a confirmed 4/9 date for the meet? If so, damn my schedule as I'll be flying to Wisconsin for a family event. On top of that, I'll be at a wedding during Canlanta. This will be the third year in a row I've planned on going to one of these meets and something inevitably screws up my plans.

Yeppers. Sorry man :frowning2:. We've been doing the Nashville meets twice a year, so if you're still game in the fall, you might be able to come hang with us then! We're a friendly bunch... except when it comes to SEC football. :p

Dude, the Tra is easily the best sound I've ever heard from an in-ear.

I believe the headfonia review states that it's more Grado than Grado, and honestly, I'd have to agree. It's got a wonderfully extended, yet punchy low end, crystal clear and musical mids, and a tasty exciting treble. Besides the fact that the housings are a little on the large side, these are perfect!

Highly torn between wanting to hear them, and being concerned that I definitely shouldn't. Might sneak off with yours for a few minutes if you end up bringing 'em! I picked up a set of UERMs, but might not be able to get them reshelled as quickly as I'd hoped, so my garlic to your high-end IEM vampire might not be there in time. Which might be bad news bears if I like 'em as much as I'm afraid I would... :p

Couple updates: 

1. Going to get the actual meet thread up tonight. Don't really feel comfortable waiting much longer on it, so give me a little while and I'll post the link up here!
  2. The venue fell through, in the most infuriatingly incompetent way you could possibly imagine, so I'm working through a few other options at the moment. Rest assured, though-- this thing is happening. We took over the first meet when it fell through with the original organizer, and made it happen then with way less experience, so we'll be fine here. I do have to say, though, that as aggravated as I've been at Best Western Inn in Franklin before, this will be the nail in the coffin for us ever going there again. It has now become better to spend twice as much to deal with people who meet a minimum standard of competence and professionalism, which absolutely does not describe the management at Best Western Inn. I have had my temper tantrum about the whole matter and am now eyeballs deep in locking down another venue. I've reached out to a few places that I had in my notes from previous meets, and I am visiting a potential location tomorrow night after work that might actually be a significant improvement in size. I'll keep y'all posted!
  3. IEM station: I've tried a couple of things at previous meets (most of which were some variant of "throw IEMs and portable players on a table with alcohol wipes"), but haven't really come up with a good way to have an area for IEMs and portable setups, so I thought I'd leech off your collective intelligence. Any ideas on making the IEM area a little more inviting and usable? Instructions on how to use it, maybe? 

That's all for now. See y'all over in the meet thread as soon as I have it up!! 

Mar 10, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #259 of 260
A bit of news.  I hope I didn't step on anything Kevin is doing with Cavalli.  Warren and Dan(Stillhart) are organizing a tour of Cavalli demos to get some of us off the fence about the last run of the top of the line amplifiers.  Dan reached how to me and it is confirmed that I will have a Lau(Liquid Gold) in my possession during the time period of the Nashville Meet.  So if anybody is thinking about ordering from the last run(orders close 04/18) you will have one last chance to try out a Lau.  Getting excited about this!

Mar 10, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #260 of 260
  A bit of news.  I hope I didn't step on anything Kevin is doing with Cavalli.  Warren and Dan(Stillhart) are organizing a tour of Cavalli demos to get some of us off the fence about the last run of the top of the line amplifiers.  Dan reached how to me and it is confirmed that I will have a Lau(Liquid Gold) in my possession during the time period of the Nashville Meet.  So if anybody is thinking about ordering from the last run(orders close 04/18) you will have one last chance to try out a Lau.  Getting excited about this!

Are you kidding me... That is exactly the amplifier I had in mind as a potential 'close it down, my headphone amp days are officially over' piece. No, you certainly aren't stepping on anybody's toes-- in fact, I'd say there will be more than enough interest in the Cavallis to keep as many of them occupied as we can have available at the meet. I never thought I'd say this, but thank God it's $4k.... I know there's no way I'll be able to afford that during the meet. Although I do have this pesky extra kidney just taking up space freeloading in my abdomen... Hmmmm.....

Also: NEW MEET THREAD IS UP AND A-RUNNIN!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back