Music Apps, Tips and Tricks for the LG V30, V35, V40, V50 & V60
Jun 25, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #256 of 1,181
Thanks for the useful feedback! I'm finding the same problems with UAPP (only able to natively export DSD64 over USB). I'm also not having as much luck as you with Neutron. I think UAPP keeps grabbing the interface. Do you have both apps installed? If so, can you list all your settings for Neutron?
You just have to follow the guide at the first post. :)

Jul 8, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #261 of 1,181
I recently picked up a new toy (image below) that supports BT codecs AAC, AptX (but not AptX HD) and LDAC. It supports both send and receive mode in LDAC. Transmitting from my V30 and using the M0 as a receiver, the LDAC quality on this is impressive - easily the best I've ever heard from BT. @james444 - your "Empty White House" track plays back perfectly with no artifacts and no noise floor. I can't be sure how much of the previous problems were V30 AptX/software-related and how much were purely due to the AK XB10 hardware, but the M0's LDAC-receive SQ from my V30 is close to that of a direct wired connection; it wipes the floor with any other BT receivers I've heard. BTW, the M0 is also a DAP and an external DAC too. This is a great little DAP - especially for any V30/Oreo owners considering a BT solution for their wired headphones.

Does LDAC work without glitches for you under Oreo? I recently upgraded my G6 to Oreo only to find out that aptX is muxh less reliable than under Nougat. I have an M0 incoming to try LDAC too, but so far aptX and aptX HD have been quite disappointing with frequent dropouts under Oreo.

Jul 8, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #262 of 1,181
Hi,

I don't know about the G6 but the V30 works very well using Android 8 - Oreo when coupled to the Sony WH-1000MX2 headphones. I'm hyper-fussy about any drop-outs and so far there have been none. What sort of usage environment and distance between devices are you requiring?

Does LDAC work without glitches for you under Oreo? I recently upgraded my G6 to Oreo only to find out that aptX is muxh less reliable than under Nougat. I have an M0 incoming to try LDAC too, but so far aptX and aptX HD have been quite disappointing with frequent dropouts under Oreo.

Jul 8, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #263 of 1,181
I've also been impressed with LDAC under Oreo on the V30 (zero dropouts). But I suspect that's more to do with the device than the codec, since LDAC can potentially require more bandwidth then either AptX or AptX HD. @james444 - I had dropouts and the same SQ issues as you with AptX (HD) using my V30 -> A&K XB10. So far for me, LDAC using my V30 -> M0 has been outstanding. It's very close to wired SQ.

Jul 8, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #264 of 1,181
Just want share my experience with neutron and chord hugo. By activating the direct usb mode. I achieved 2 things, first the dsd actually make the Hugo show white color(native dsd, UAPP can't). Secondly, the sound became much more clearer, detail, dynamic, ss, image much improved . It's like a different đac/amp. I guess neutron provided a near perfect signal to the picky Hugo
I have to admit to reluctantly throwing in the towel with Neutron. Under Oreo, I just haven't been able to make it play nice as a USB-out digital source when I have other apps installed (like UAPP) that try to grab the USB port. UAPP is working fine for me feeding both built-in and external DACs, so - at least for now - Neutron is no longer installed on my V30 :frowning2:

Jul 9, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #265 of 1,181
Hi,

I don't know about the G6 but the V30 works very well using Android 8 - Oreo when coupled to the Sony WH-1000MX2 headphones. I'm hyper-fussy about any drop-outs and so far there have been none. What sort of usage environment and distance between devices are you requiring?

You're lucky then, since BT issues under Oreo seem to be widespread and acknowledged by Google:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/phone-by-google/iJeDphsoOJ4/lxV3wIdDCQAJ
Frequent dropouts even stationary at home, when phone and receiver are next to each other. Which render aptX (HD) under Oreo almost unusable.

Edit: just realized, the Sony WH-1000MX2 supports LDAC. Seems like they added LDAC for Oreo, but broke aptX (HD) in the process.

I've also been impressed with LDAC under Oreo on the V30 (zero dropouts). But I suspect that's more to do with the device than the codec, since LDAC can potentially require more bandwidth then either AptX or AptX HD. @james444 - I had dropouts and the same SQ issues as you with AptX (HD) using my V30 -> A&K XB10. So far for me, LDAC using my V30 -> M0 has been outstanding. It's very close to wired SQ.

Thanks, I'm having high hopes for the M0 then! Pretty much my last option for quality BT streaming under Oreo, before going back to Nougat.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #266 of 1,181
My Dunu impedance adapter finally arrived. For some reason, it totally kills the sound. When using it, the volume only reaches approximately the same level as while in auxiliary mode. Kinda sounds like someone tossed a blanket over the drivers. When I use my Y splitter to push high impedance mode, everything is fine. Am I missing something? Did I get a bunk product? Should the adapter effect the sound in any way? I got the 75 ohm version. It's also too large to use with any of my phone cases. I guess I'll stick with the Y splitter, but I was really hoping to simplify the process. Anyone have any leads on a different impedance adapter that works well with phone cases?

Jul 9, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #267 of 1,181
My Dunu impedance adapter finally arrived. For some reason, it totally kills the sound. When using it, the volume only reaches approximately the same level as while in auxiliary mode. Kinda sounds like someone tossed a blanket over the drivers. When I use my Y splitter to push high impedance mode, everything is fine. Am I missing something? Did I get a bunk product? Should the adapter effect the sound in any way? I got the 75 ohm version. It's also too large to use with any of my phone cases. I guess I'll stick with the Y splitter, but I was really hoping to simplify the process. Anyone have any leads on a different impedance adapter that works well with phone cases?

Plug the Dunu into the 3.5mm adapter and then plug into the V30. Once achieving High Impedance Mode, then remove the Dunu adapter and plug your headphones into the 3.5mm adapter.

Jul 9, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #268 of 1,181
Im
Plug the Dunu into the 3.5mm adapter and then plug into the V30. Once achieving High Impedance Mode, then remove the Dunu adapter and plug your headphones into the 3.5mm adapter.
I not following. If I plug the Dunu into my phone before connecting headphones, it just goes into auxiliary mode. If I plug the headphones into the Dunu 1st, and then plug the Dunu into my phone, it goes into high impedance

Jul 9, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #269 of 1,181
No suggestion of an adapter to get to high impedance, sorry, I’m happy with Aux triggered by a short cable extension.

As to what you hear, I’d wager it’s simply a bad contact between the phone’s socket and your adapter. Especially since you write the adapter is too big to work with cases, that tells me its shape isn’t well suited - I heard the same muffled sound with low volume when testing out a jack extension that was badly engineered or too bulky to fit the phone’s edge. Maybe you should pick one with a slimmer shape near the connector.

Also make sure the plug is TRS, not TRRS.

Jul 9, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #270 of 1,181
Im

I not following. If I plug the Dunu into my phone before connecting headphones, it just goes into auxiliary mode. If I plug the headphones into the Dunu 1st, and then plug the Dunu into my phone, it goes into high impedance

It's a 3 part combo...won't work correctly with just the Dunu and headphones.
You'll need another 3.5mm adapter (TRS) to plug in the V30 first, then the Dunu.
Once the V30 sees it as High Impedeance, then you remove the Dunu and plug in your headphones to the 3.5mm adapter.
The best ones to get are the right angle 3.5mm TRS adapters...works for me 100% of the time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back