Music Apps, Tips and Tricks for the LG V30, V35, V40, V50 & V60
Jul 9, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #271 of 1,181
It's a 3 part combo...won't work correctly with just the Dunu and headphones.
You'll need another 3.5mm adapter (TRS) to plug in the V30 first, then the Dunu.
Once the V30 sees it as High Impedeance, then you remove the Dunu and plug in your headphones to the 3.5mm adapter.
The best ones to get are the right angle 3.5mm TRS adapters...works for me 100% of the time.
Can you send me a link or provide a picture of the additional adapter I need. I figured this would be less work than the Y splitter, but I guessed wrong. This is the adapter I'm using.
HTB14p4YGpXXXXarXFXXq6xXFXXXU.jpg

Jul 9, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #273 of 1,181
Jul 15, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #275 of 1,181
I've also been impressed with LDAC under Oreo on the V30 (zero dropouts). But I suspect that's more to do with the device than the codec, since LDAC can potentially require more bandwidth then either AptX or AptX HD. @james444 - I had dropouts and the same SQ issues as you with AptX (HD) using my V30 -> A&K XB10. So far for me, LDAC using my V30 -> M0 has been outstanding. It's very close to wired SQ.

Just want to report back that LDAC under Oreo works almost flawlessly for me, too. Even though I only use it as BT receiver, the M0 is a brilliant device and well worth the money.

Looks like my aptX receivers are now officially retired...
9jpx3U3.png

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2018 at 4:41 AM Post #276 of 1,181
Radsone added LDAC support to their great ES100 last week. No dropouts whatsoever even in busy Paris 6 o’clock streets. Sound quality is still top notch, if not more so. The device also supports aptX HD and has an optional balanced 2.5 out, with dual AKM DACs. There’s still life in THAT bluetooth receiver yet.

Jul 15, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #277 of 1,181
I have one Question about the LG Music Stock App. I found out it can read Lyrics from ID3 Tag from MP3 Files, but it cannot read Lyrics from FLAC Files. Lyrics are stored in the same tag field "LYRICS" like in the MP3 Files. Is the Stock App not able to read ID3 from FLAC Files?
thanks!

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #279 of 1,181
Hi Guys!
Sorry for being out of topic, i just want to ask for what is the good iem to buy for lg v30 with the budget of $200 and below..
possible online purchase is from Aliexpress since I am from Philippines..
Genre's:
Dream Theatre like bands or Black Sabbath
Sometimes listening to HipHop - Still D.R.E (yow) :D

thanks in advance.. cheers :D

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #280 of 1,181
Plug the Dunu into the 3.5mm adapter and then plug into the V30. Once achieving High Impedance Mode, then remove the Dunu adapter and plug your headphones into the 3.5mm adapter.
So I got my adapter today. When I plug the dunu into the adapter, and then plug the adapter into my phone, it just goes into auxiliary mode

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #281 of 1,181
So I got my adapter today. When I plug the dunu into the adapter, and then plug the adapter into my phone, it just goes into auxiliary mode
When I plug the adapter into the phone 1st, it obviously triggers auxiliary mode. Then when I plug the dunu into the adapter, it stays in auxiliary mode. Doesn't work either way. I got the adapter that was recommended

Jul 26, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #282 of 1,181
When I plug the adapter into the phone 1st, it obviously triggers auxiliary mode. Then when I plug the dunu into the adapter, it stays in auxiliary mode. Doesn't work either way. I got the adapter that was recommended

Read my steps carefully.

1. Plug DUNU Adapter into 3.5mm Adapter
2. Plug in 3.5mm adapter (L shaped) and DUNU Adapter into LG V30

***3.5mm Adapter goes into LG V30 and DUNU Adapter is plugged into 3.5mm Adapter
(LG V30 should now recognize 50 Ohms High Impedance Mode)

3. Remove DUNU Adapter from 3.5mm Adapter, but leave the 3.5mm Adapter plugged into the LG V30
4. Plug your headphones to the 3.5mm Adapter

All Set!

Enjoy your audio in High Impedance Mode :L3000:

Jul 26, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #283 of 1,181
Read my steps carefully.

1. Plug DUNU Adapter into 3.5mm Adapter
2. Plug in 3.5mm adapter (L shaped) and DUNU Adapter into LG V30

***3.5mm Adapter goes into LG V30 and DUNU Adapter is plugged into 3.5mm Adapter
(LG V30 should now recognize 50 Ohms High Impedance Mode)

3. Remove DUNU Adapter from 3.5mm Adapter, but leave the 3.5mm Adapter plugged into the LG V30
4. Plug your headphones to the 3.5mm Adapter

All Set!

Enjoy your audio in High Impedance Mode :L3000:
I know, it's pretty simple. But it still isn't working. Maybe my dunu is defective. When I plug high impedance earbuds into the adapter, plug the adapter into the phone, remove high impedance earbuds and replace with other headphones, everything works. For whatever reason my phone isn't reading the high impedance adapter. Not a big deal, just odd

Jul 26, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #284 of 1,181
I know, it's pretty simple. But it still isn't working. Maybe my dunu is defective. When I plug high impedance earbuds into the adapter, plug the adapter into the phone, remove high impedance earbuds and replace with other headphones, everything works. For whatever reason my phone isn't reading the high impedance adapter. Not a big deal, just odd

That definitely sounds like an issue with the DUNU adapter.
You should contact the seller and get a replacement.
Sorry to hear about the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back