Music Apps, Tips and Tricks for the LG V30, V35, V40, V50 & V60
Jan 20, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #481 of 1,181
I've finally got Trusted places working. In order to do so I had to ensure the following:

1. Carefully adjust my Home location (i.e. update it slightly by nudging the map);

2. Set location accuracy mode to High;

3. Enable Bluetooth (not sure why though!);

Now I can double tap and swipe up when I'm at home :)
And now I've enabled it too. Didn't even know that was a feature or maybe i forgot about it.

Thanks @Dannemand

Jan 20, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #482 of 1,181
I spent quite a bit of time listening to Tidal HiFi offline music with my V30+ and my BGVP DM6 IEMs - around 4 hours today! I wanted to sample the filters on the phone with a view to deciding which filter works the best for Tidal HiFi listening via DM6 IEMs. After lots of careful listening of sections of several songs, I've decided that the Sharp filter sounds the best with the DM6 (as opposed to the Short or Slow filters). Just something to try out and see if you agree with me for those who have BGVP DM6 IEMs.
I wish there was a filter half way between sharp and slow. I like the natural decay of the sharp but the slow filter sounds like you boosted the transients up. Somewhere in between the two would be nice middle ground.

Edit: ok so the slow filter to me sounds great in spotify. But now that ive got lossless and MQA files running through UAPP, I'm liking sharp more. The crispness of these files coupled with the sharps natural decay sounds so good. Thanks for making me doubt my initial choice and trying sharp again. Loving how full it sounds!

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #483 of 1,181
I've finally got Trusted places working. In order to do so I had to ensure the following:

1. Carefully adjust my Home location (i.e. update it slightly by nudging the map);

2. Set location accuracy mode to High;

3. Enable Bluetooth (not sure why though!);

Now I can double tap and swipe up when I'm at home :)

Good job getting that working!

Trusted places is known to be finicky. I haven't had to do the map-nudging in a long time. Another trick is to add additional locations within your home (Add this location, with its current coordinates) which has been known to get it back on track.

Bluetooth shouldn't be needed -- mine is not enabled. But if enabled, Android does use it to help speed up location, particular indoors with no line of sight to the GPS satellites.

And I wouldn’t use the V30 or any other android as my smartphone as I value privacy and security.

I have to point out that this is mostly a concern for people who do NOT use Android devices and who listen to Google's competitors: Not that Google doesn't collect data, but you can disable pretty much all of it. And contrary to what you may have heard, Google does NOT sell any of this data to 3rd parties, but rather use it themselves to place ads (which is their main business). This is how they have operated for 20 years, and they've always been open about it.

As for security issues, Android was indeed the target for several years of much effort by scammers, for two reasons: (A) it was by far the most popular platform, particular in countries where these scams were prevalent. And (B) Android being open source made it possible to look for vulnerabilities, whereas most vulnerabilities in closed source operating systems are never publicized, or even discovered. The positive flip side of this is that vulnerabilities in Android were, in fact, discovered and fixed, so that Android may very well be the most secure OS today. You may have noticed that those, once frequent, headlines about "Billions of Android devices at risk" have kind of died out in recent years. But even a few years ago, when those headlines were common, you would be hard pressed to find an Android user who actually suffered any attacks. The reason is that almost all those highly publicized vulnerabilities (with a few exceptions) required that the user disable basic security features and install malicious software from an underground app store -- which was common in countries like China and Russia, but not very common in 1st world countries.

Apple makes great products, which are the right choice for a lot of people. They don't need to lie and invent threats and problems about competing products in order to survive.

Edit: I should add that while I always appreciated Google's openness about their business principles, and letting users choose which data to share, I sense that they are slowly drifting to become more like other marketing driven companies. Mind you, they're not like Facebook, which seems to be sneaky deep in their core. It's just... I don't think it was a coincidence when they removed the famous "Don't be evil" clause from their original code of conduct.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #484 of 1,181
Good job getting that working!

Trusted places is known to be finicky. I haven't had to do the map-nudging in a long time. Another trick is to add additional locations within your home (Add this location, with its current coordinates) which has been known to get it back on track.

Bluetooth shouldn't be needed -- mine is not enabled. But if enabled, Android does use it to help speed up location, particular indoors with no line of sight to the GPS satellites.

I have to point out that this is mostly a concern for people who do NOT use Android devices and who listen to Google's competitors: Not that Google doesn't collect data, but you can disable pretty much all of it. And contrary to what you may have heard, Google does NOT sell any of this data to 3rd parties, but rather use it themselves to place ads (which is their main business). This is how they have operated for 20 years, and they've always been open about it.

As for security issues, Android was indeed the target for several years of much effort by scammers, for two reasons: (A) it was by far the most popular platform, particular in countries where these scams were prevalent. And (B) Android being open source made it possible to look for vulnerabilities, whereas most vulnerabilities in closed source operating systems are never publicized, or even discovered. The positive flip side of this is that vulnerabilities in Android were, in fact, discovered and fixed, so that Android may very well be the most secure OS today. You may have noticed that those, once frequent, headlines about "Billions of Android devices at risk" have kind of died out in recent years. But even a few years ago, when those headlines were common, you would be hard pressed to find an Android user who actually suffered any attacks. The reason is that almost all those highly publicized vulnerabilities (with a few exceptions) required that the user disable basic security features and install malicious software from an underground app store -- which was common in countries like China and Russia, but not very common in 1st world countries.

Apple makes great products, which are the right choice for a lot of people. They don't need to lie and invent threats and problems about competing products in order to survive.

Edit: I should add that while I always appreciated Google's openness about their business principles, and letting users choose which data to share, I sense that they are slowly drifting to become more like other marketing driven companies. Mind you, they're not like Facebook, which seems to be sneaky deep in their core. It's just... I don't think it was a coincidence when they removed the famous "Don't be evil" clause from their original code of conduct.

So we don’t take the thread too far off topic I will try to keep it brief. My personal beliefs are not based on some blog or YouTube conspiracy video.

-Watch ‘Creepy Line’ documentary on amazon / iTunes. It answers everything through interviews with tech professional & CEO’s etc This is the quickest shortcut to get the huge amount of information on the subject.
Briefly
-Google was created by CIA
-There is a reason whey Android devices are so easily rooted compared to IOS - security.
-Google caught reading though users gmail without telling users
-Google caught illegally tracking users even when permissions denied. This even happened on iOS devices and a European court case was raised against Google.
I deleted google maps and other google services altogether after that.

You wouldn’t like me to personally profile you by tracking your daily journeys, recording what you interests are and what you are buying, who you are meeting, what & who you are communicating with etc so why let any big corporation do it ? Imagine the complete profile that exists of you after a decade.
Google will know you better than you know yourself.

And yes It’s not just google. I don’t trust any big tech firm and lock them all down much as I can from tracking.
Eg no Alexa devices in our family home.

Some say they have nothing to hide so it doesn’t matter.. I think that’s not the point.
It’s about self respect and keeping your freedom of choice.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #485 of 1,181
So we don’t take the thread too far off topic I will try to keep it brief. My personal beliefs are not based on some blog or YouTube conspiracy video.

-Watch ‘Creepy Line’ documentary on amazon / iTunes. It answers everything through interviews with tech professional & CEO’s etc This is the quickest shortcut to get the huge amount of information on the subject.
Briefly
-Google was created by CIA
-There is a reason whey Android devices are so easily rooted compared to IOS - security.
-Google caught reading though users gmail without telling users
-Google caught illegally tracking users even when permissions denied. This even happened on iOS devices and a European court case was raised against Google.
I deleted google maps and other google services altogether after that.

Some say they have nothing to hide so it doesn’t matter .. I think that’s not the point.
It’s about self respect and having choice of freedom.

You wouldn’t like me to personally profile you by tracking your daily journeys, recording what you interests are and what you are buying, who you are meeting, what & who you are communicating with etc so why let any big corporation do it ? Imagine the complete profile that exists of you after a decade.
Google will know you better than you know yourself.

And yes It’s not just google. I don’t trust any big tech firm and lock them all down much as I can from tracking.
Eg no Alexa devices in our family home.

Some say they have nothing to hide so it doesn’t matter.. I think that’s not the point.
It’s about self respect and keeping your freedom of choice.
I’ll have to check that out - then hurriedly erase half the apps on my phone :fearful:

Jan 20, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #487 of 1,181
Hahahahaha that was great. I love this place, and you nerds

Jan 20, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #488 of 1,181
I'm going to leave some links here for those that are curious about all things Google Inc . android and cant watch Creepy Line.

These are the first links to pop up and I havent read myself.

Google allowing other companies to read your email as well as themselves

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/7312296/google-read-gmail-emails-snoop/

Google fined for tracking users without permission. This includes even if you turn off location services.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/21/google-sued-for-tracking-users-locations-without-permission/

Creepy Line snippets

https://navva.org/canada/technology...-highlights-google-facebook-is-streaming-now/

Very good article on the Creepy Line and how ultimately users allow themselves to be manipulated and privacy violated without care. Too busy consuming like sheep with grass.

https://www.activistpost.com/2018/1...tary-on-the-immense-power-of-tech-giants.html

Jan 20, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #489 of 1,181
Does the Qobuz app output fully hi res from the LGV30 (up to 96k 24 bit?)
Thanks

Through the internal DAC, yes. I'm not sure Qobuz outputs correctly via USB unless you use UAPP instead of the official app.

On my LG G7 One, the Qobuz and Tidal apps send USB output via the Android OS where it gets resampled to 48 kHz. UAPP has no such problem.

This can only be fully tested if you have an external DAC that displays the sample rate.

Jan 20, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #490 of 1,181
Thanks
Through the internal DAC, yes. I'm not sure Qobuz outputs correctly via USB unless you use UAPP instead of the official app.

On my LG G7 One, the Qobuz and Tidal apps send USB output via the Android OS where it gets resampled to 48 kHz. UAPP has no such problem.

This can only be fully tested if you have an external DAC that displays the sample rate.

Jan 20, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #491 of 1,181
Final question on Qobuz!

Does the download to hard drive (storage) function of Qobuz work OK? I filled 3/4 of my 400 gig micro sd with material on my Fiio M9 Qobuz on the M9 operates on an old OS and functions very slowly. Button press actions lag badly. (I still love it because it does stuff my iPhone Can't)

Does Qobuz on V30 respond briskly like any other app?

Yeeeesh! I guess I be re-looking at jumping ship from Apple to Android. I have a lot going on with multiple shared family iCal diaries, Apple Notes and Address book on my Apple Macbook. Anyone here doing all of that sort of stuff OK?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #492 of 1,181
Final question on Qobuz!

Does the download to hard drive (storage) function of Qobuz work OK? I filled 3/4 of my 400 gig micro sd with material on my Fiio M9 Qobuz on the M9 operates on an old OS and functions very slowly. Button press actions lag badly. (I still love it because it does stuff my iPhone Can't)

Does Qobuz on V30 respond briskly like any other app?

Yeeeesh! I guess I be re-looking at jumping ship from Apple to Android. I have a lot going on with multiple shared family iCal diaries, Apple Notes and Address book on my Apple Macbook. Anyone here doing all of that sort of stuff OK?

Many thanks.

The Qobuz app is just as responsive as any other. I primarily use the fantastic UAPP app for Qobuz, Tidal, LAN, and local, but have also used the official Qobuz app on a Google Pixel XL, LG V30 ThinQ, and LG G7 One.

I have seen no complaints about the Android app's download feature, nor the offline listening feature. I've never used those features myself.

Welcome to the Android club. iPhone (and Pixel) lost a lot of head-fiers when they removed music DACs. Changing phones is never un-painful, and switching from iCloud to Android/Google apps will make that even less un, but there are ways to share calendars between users on both platforms and import the rest, and most of us find ways to get all that done.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #493 of 1,181
I was getting all excited about switching. But then realised that Apple Watch is too much part of my lifestyle to loose it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back