Music Apps, Tips and Tricks for the LG V30, V35, V40, V50 & V60
Jan 20, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #466 of 1,175
Hi

What do you V30 users do for music storage?

I have a 2/3rds full 400 gig micro sim in my DAP.

Is it possible to fit a storage card that big in the V30?

I assume you mean micro-SD rather than micro SIM. If so, yes, as @all999 said, a 400GB micro-SD card works great. I'm using one in the SIM 2 slot of my V30+. I ordered this specific one from Amazon UK:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074RNRM2B/

I would only from a very reputable supplier that has an excellent returns policy as fake micro-SD cards are out there.

Jan 20, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #468 of 1,175
Now this is a good idea. I've seen this option available this morning so will try it out.
Only heard of this tasker app recently. Gives some 'root' like possibilities to non rooted phones. Very cool but the profiles aren't always beginner friendly to setup.

Gonna have to research it a bit to use it to its full potential.

Jan 20, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #469 of 1,175
I assume you mean micro-SD rather than micro SIM. If so, yes, as @all999 said, a 400GB micro-SD card works great. I'm using one in the SIM 2 slot of my V30+. I ordered this specific one from Amazon UK:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074RNRM2B/

I would only from a very reputable supplier that has an excellent returns policy as fake micro-SD cards are out there.

Yes micro SD sorry.

Great.

Jan 20, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #470 of 1,175
Hmmm

I abandoned iPhone a while ago and pathetically went running back after a month.(Galaxy S6 I think)

I was upset that a lot of the bells and whistles on Gmail were only available to folks in the USA.

Any hi res audio fans here ditch iPhone to get the HiRes audio thing going on an LGV30?

Right now I carry a FiiO M9 for hi res

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #471 of 1,175
Hmmm

I abandoned iPhone a while ago and pathetically went running back after a month.(Galaxy S6 I think)

I was upset that a lot of the bells and whistles on Gmail were only available to folks in the USA.

Any hi res audio fans here ditch iPhone to get the HiRes audio thing going on an LGV30?

I know that’s not a direct reply but I went from a Galaxy S7 Edge to the V30 and the improvement and difference felt as large as a wholesale OS switch.

Jan 20, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #472 of 1,175
Being new to Android and the V30, the various lock modes are a little confusing to me at the moment. This is compounded by the fingerprint sensor being on the back of the phone. During the initial setup of the phone yesterday, I’ve managed to set a pin code for a power on password which is fine, and fingerprint for when the phone is locked which I’d like to change. I found that this was inconvenient when using the phone as a DAP, requiring me to physically lift the phone off my desk each time I want to browse Tidal and choose another song to play.

Is there a more convenient alternative method to unlock the phone, whilst still providing some degree of security? I have screen always-on set to off. I can double-tap the screen to show the lock screen. After that I have to use the fingerprint sensor to unlock the phone.

As @seanc6441 mentioned, you have several options.

* Disable Lockscreen completely (Settings > General > Lock screen and security > Select lock screen > None) with which you simply double tap the screen and you're done. Of course there'll be no security if you lose the phone.

* Smart Lock, which has been a standard Android feature for ages (Settings > General > Lock screen and security > Secure lock settings > Smart Lock). It can unlock automatically in Trusted places (Location must be enabled) or if it's connected to a Trusted device (Bluetooth). With Smart Lock you just double tap and swipe up the lock screen. There is also Smart Lock On-body detection, but that's not relevant when the phone lies on your desk.

* Face Recognition works quite well too, and pretty fast, but to get the phone to the right angle in front of my face, I found I had to either raise it or move my head uncomfortable when the phone is lying on the desk.

Tasker (as mentioned) is a powerful app that can be used to automate a lot of things based on location, device connection and other events. But it's pretty advanced, and you don't really need it just for this. In my opinion, anyway :sunglasses:

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #474 of 1,175

Kinda.

Right now I carry a IPhone XS Max as a smartphone and SIM FREE V30 as dedicated DAP for its LDAC, 3.5mm jack for HiRes Audio and MQA Tidal.

I couldn’t use the iPhone as DAP primarily because it lacks LDAC and MQA Tidal.
And I wouldn’t use the V30 or any other android as my smartphone as I value privacy and security.

Jan 20, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #475 of 1,175
* Smart Lock, which has been a standard Android feature for ages (Settings > General > Lock screen and security > Secure lock settings > Smart Lock). It can unlock automatically in Trusted places (Location must be enabled) or if it's connected to a Trusted device (Bluetooth). With Smart Lock you just double tap and swipe up the lock screen. There is also Smart Lock On-body detection, but that's not relevant when the phone lies on your desk.

I've finally got Trusted places working. In order to do so I had to ensure the following:

1. Carefully adjust my Home location (i.e. update it slightly by nudging the map);

2. Set location accuracy mode to High;

3. Enable Bluetooth (not sure why though!);

Now I can double tap and swipe up when I'm at home :)

Jan 20, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #476 of 1,175
Hi all,
I’m trying to use a pair of master & dynamic MW07 wireless earbuds and not having much luck using the v30. (The earbuds supports AAC and aptx codecs, no aptx-hd or BT 5 ) Max volume levels are considerably lower than using an iPhone XS Max or Apple Watch. Tried a few workarounds with the v30 but they still sound annoyingly quiet, especially in the gym where they are used.
Using Apple Music they play nicely with the ACC codec using the apple stuff, they sound great but curious is they are capable of more. I also have a tidal hifi account and wondering if I can improve the SQ in any way using the v30 or is ACC and Apple Music as good as it’s going to get?
Any advice on the volume issue is also much appreciated.
Thanks

Edit: I do have the UAPP app if there’s anything that can be done through there

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #477 of 1,175
I spent quite a bit of time listening to Tidal HiFi offline music with my V30+ and my BGVP DM6 IEMs - around 4 hours today! I wanted to sample the filters on the phone with a view to deciding which filter works the best for Tidal HiFi listening via DM6 IEMs. After lots of careful listening of sections of several songs, I've decided that the Sharp filter sounds the best with the DM6 (as opposed to the Short or Slow filters). Just something to try out and see if you agree with me for those who have BGVP DM6 IEMs.

Jan 20, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #478 of 1,175
Does the Qobuz app output fully hi res from the LGV30 (up to 96k 24 bit?)
Thanks

Jan 20, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #479 of 1,175
Does the Qobuz app output fully hi res from the LGV30 (up to 96k 24 bit?)
Thanks

Yes, it does.

Screenshot_2019-01-20-19-08-07.png

Jan 20, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #480 of 1,175
Hmmm

Iphone 6s to lg v30.

V30 wins, i loved both phones but you can just do more with android. Even non rooted. Took me like a week to get used to rear finger print sensor but it's a breeze now.

I also tried the Cayin N5ii and Hiby R6 daps. I prefer the LG v30 over them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back