Muse: The Resistance (5th album)
Aug 11, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #31 of 94
Quote:

5.1 surround sound Audio DVD

Don't tell me, I'm going to have to drop $100 just for that. And no mention of format?

confused.gif

Aug 11, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #32 of 94
Yeah.. for $100, I'd get the album in Vinyl, CD, Wav, Apple Lossless, MP3, Dolby Digital & DTS formats..

Seems a little redundant to me. Hate to say it, but frankly i'd rather just be able to get it on something like a DualDisc for $25 than all that for $100

Aug 11, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #33 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't tell me, I'm going to have to drop $100 just for that. And no mention of format?

confused.gif

Seems exorbitant, even for the deluxe vinyl with a USB stick (wheeee...). Icky Thump got the Steve Hoffman treatment on 180g and sold for a reasonable $20. It's probably safe to assume this will need an extra disc, but seriously, $100? Same price tag had me looking (successfully) for a needledrop of Stadium Arcadium, which at least had the 4 slabs thing going for it.

As for the multichannel mix, I doubt you'd be paying more than $5 over the redbook if they release it as a typical 2-disc deluxe edition.

Aug 11, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #34 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hate to say it, but frankly i'd rather just be able to get it on something like a DualDisc for $25 than all that for $100

I'm with you. There is enough crap in my life already without piling more junk on top of it.

Amazon has a CD/DVD limited edition for people like me, who are seriously pumped to hear some Muse in discrete surround.

Aug 11, 2009 at 12:37 PM Post #36 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm with you. There is enough crap in my life already without piling more junk on top of it.

Amazon has a CD/DVD limited edition for people like me, who are seriously pumped to hear some Muse in discrete surround.

The CD/DVD is the CD plus a making of video. No surround Audio.

The Surround disc is exclusive to the Super duper whiz bang deluxe combo collectors limited edition.. Grr.

Aug 11, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #37 of 94
^ Shoot, should of known. Keep us informed. I won't spend a c-note for that super duper set, just for surround.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiriuslyCold
from the interview, "contemporary sound" = loud & overcompresse

Well, I ran an Uprising file through Audacity:

Maybe it's not an official release, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Aug 11, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #38 of 94
But the question remains whether or not Warner went with their own trend here and enlisted Hoffman or another quality engineer to work the vinyl release... if that's the case, it might just end up worth the dough.

Aug 12, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #39 of 94
It is not as fatiguing to me as BH&R was (namely, Map of the Problematique), which is good enough for me. I also bought the box set since I have some savings. The 5.1 surround disc sounds fantastic, be wary though, it's only available on the muse.mu edition of the box set.

Personally, I love the two tracks, USoE being my favorite of the two. Remember, Uprising is their most simplistic song on the new album and Muse always had an itch to do dance straight forward songs (Supermassive Black Hole). The reviews stated Uprising is their most simplistic structure song. I think it was a great choice for first single.

USoE is not a single, and was a result of a treasure hunt. It is NOT meant to be taken seriously, as the lead singer (Matt Bellamy) himself laughs at the lyrics - it's suppose to be taken with tongue held firmly in cheek.

Aug 15, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #40 of 94
It's exciting to see a Muse following on HeadFi!

I'm new so.. lol.

Also for those who don't know in the USA, if you pre-order the deluxe edition from warner directly you get video downloads weekly until the release.

Out of curiosity, what kind of cans do you guys prefer to use when listening to Muse? I'm always lookin' for a way to make them sound better than they already do.

Aug 16, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #41 of 94
Grados

Aug 18, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #43 of 94
UPDATE:

Go on iTunes to listen to The Resistance 30 second samples of each song!!

Remember, this is only 30 seconds. Songs (especially the 7 minute one) aren't accurately shown in all their glory... however I must say this has made be SUPER amped...

Aug 18, 2009 at 12:39 PM Post #44 of 94
interesting, thanks for that. Though their songs change decently throughout songs, these clips are most of the catch stuff for teens. I want the whole picture!

Aug 18, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #45 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
interesting, thanks for that. Though their songs change decently throughout songs, these clips are most of the catch stuff for teens. I want the whole picture!

Yeah, the samples show barely anything, especially for that 7 minute song Unnatural Selection which is suppose to dramatically change through out.

They just chose the choruses' it seems. Look at Origin of Symmetry's samples on iTunes... terrible choices... New Born doesn't even have guitar in it's sample. Oh well, just means we get to anticipate even more from those songs when we do get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back