Multi-IEM review v.1: 48 earphones compared
Nov 14, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #61 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by henryhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question: How specifically did you get the olives to stay on your re0's? I have decored mine, but they won't stay on the nozzle for the life of me.

Thanks for the awesome write up!

Maybe you cut away too much of the foam
redface.gif
. Mine just kinda stay on. They aren't tight, but they don't come off very easily because the inside of the core is kinda rough. I did another pair with comply T400 cores and that works just as well but i put a little too much glue in and then had to scrape off the extra glue ><.

Nov 16, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #62 of 473
Ijokerl: Nice review. Flavor Of The Month, about 2 years ago were the JVC Marshmellows. I bought 3 pair for under $20.00 shipped on ebay. Walmart gets $20.00 for one pair. Not a bad iem at low listening levels. When you crank it up, all the inaccuracies come shining through.
I have ety 4p's as my reference. Thank you once again for all the info..Rick

Nov 16, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #63 of 473
Oh, forgot to post for the last update - Skullcandy Titans

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricksome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ijokerl: Nice review. Flavor Of The Month, about 2 years ago were the JVC Marshmellows. I bought 3 pair for under $20.00 shipped on ebay. Walmart gets $20.00 for one pair. Not a bad iem at low listening levels. When you crank it up, all the inaccuracies come shining through.

Thanks. I have the Marshmallows too and intend to add them to this review at some later date. They're not quite the unrivaled performer they once were - quite overrated by today's standards, actually, but the IEM market has changed a lot in two years.

Nov 16, 2009 at 11:09 AM Post #64 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricksome /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have had a pair of marshmellows, they aren't that bad considering how cheap they are.

Nov 23, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #67 of 473
Good to see Turbine in a multi-IEM shootout.
Hopefully ClieOS will also someday give them a comparison after seeing your your review.

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #68 of 473
I saw in another thread that you've requested a sample of the JBuds J3 Micro Atomic. Hopefully you can get a review up about them, as they look interesting and my options are limited as I can only shop on Amazon for now.

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #69 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aysion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw in another thread that you've requested a sample of the JBuds J3 Micro Atomic. Hopefully you can get a review up about them, as they look interesting and my options are limited as I can only shop on Amazon for now.

I have a thread of my thoughts on the J3 up in my own thread(and their are one or two others too) and I plan on doing full review, when I get the chance.

Of course my reviews/standing mean almost nothing next to Joker's, but at least its something.

atsmile.gif

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #70 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjmai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to see Turbine in a multi-IEM shootout.
Hopefully ClieOS will also someday give them a comparison after seeing your your review.

Don't keep your hope up, as I have no plan to do any review on Monster's IEM. I am more interested in S4, ink'd or Titan in that regard.

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #71 of 473
Quote:

I did get my JBuds but they are defective (they are shorting on my ear and shocking me
frown.gif
). JLabs promised me a replacement set but I think they forgot to send it, so I'll have to contact them again. From the few minutes I listened to them I'd say they are definitely treble-biased but the sound is fairly detailed and airy. If you're looking for deep bass definitely stay away. I'll review them in full when (if?) I get a replacement set.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't keep your hope up, as I have no plan to do any review on Monster's IEM. I am more interested in S4, ink'd or Titan in that regard.

Oh ye fortunate who actually have trouble finding Skullcandy products. I can buy the Ink'd at the gas station for $10
frown.gif

Nov 26, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #72 of 473
Oh...
frown.gif
I'm a bass type of person.

For anybody who has glimpsed over Amazon's selection on IEMs, what's the best I can get with my $10.76 of credit? ;o

Actually have a $30~ and under budget ;p

Nov 26, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #73 of 473
Quote:

Oh...
frown.gif
I'm a bass type of person.

For anybody who has glimpsed over Amazon's selection on IEMs, what's the best I can get with my $10.76 of credit? ;o

Actually have a $30~ and under budget ;p

I'd use your credit towards some JVC HA-FXC50. Strong bass and very solid performers all-around. Not as comfortable as the AirCushions but the sq is a step or two higher. If confined to $10 i'd have to go with the Q:Electronics earphones.

Nov 26, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #74 of 473
Nice thread. Should be sticked given the amount of people that comes here asking what people think about headphone X or Y, or comparisons between Z and Y.
Thanks for the info

Users who are viewing this thread

Back