Multi-IEM review v.1: 48 earphones compared
Mar 19, 2010 at 8:49 AM Post #467 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, I cannot add another review the way I would like to (maintaining the tiers separated) so I will be migrating to a new thread in the coming week following some general streamlining of the reviews.

If anyone has any suggestions on improving the general format of the reviews, the usability of the thread in general, or anything else, I would appreciate a pm or post.

Suggestions:
1. Put your [size=small]Short Take: Comparison by numbers[/size] at the top of the first post so it's easy to find. If you can swing it, a link to the review of each model would be helpful.

2. In each review, put a "Back to the top" link.

3. Insert a quick definition of each of your rating term, e.g. I'm not sure what "Isolation" means.

Good job, thanks for your contributions.

Mar 19, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #468 of 473
Thanks for the suggestions
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by aabottom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Put your [size=small]Short Take: Comparison by numbers[/size] at the top of the first post so it's easy to find. If you can swing it, a link to the review of each model would be helpful.

I'm a bit wary of doing this as I'm not sure everyone will read on. I really don't want the table to be the focus of this as it doesn't give the full picture at all. But I'll consider it. As for links, I don't think you can use anchor links in H-F posts. I'd like to be wrong on this, though.

Quote:

2. In each review, put a "Back to the top" link.

This is a good idea. I will try to implement it.

Quote:

3. Insert a quick definition of each of your rating term, e.g. I'm not sure what "Isolation" means.

Also a good idea. I'll define the qualities as I see them. I will also put links to the full-size forum glossary thread and maybe ClieOS's sticky and tip threads (pending his permission).

Mar 19, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #469 of 473
to my knowledge you can't provide a link to a certain part of a post. however since you are doing one tier of iem's per you can provide a link to the start of those posts on your first post. ie: links to 1st, 2nd, 3rd whatever tier, price range or category you have in the first post which will bring someone to that category instead of scrolling down.

Mar 19, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #470 of 473
^yes, that was the plan. I've already got that implemented. Now the question is whether I should link back to the top, the bottom (summary), or both at the end of each review.

Mar 19, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #472 of 473

Users who are viewing this thread

Back