Multi-IEM review v.1: 48 earphones compared
Mar 17, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #451 of 473
i bet it wont be as dramatic as when i jumped from cx300 to er6i :p

^dont we all wish we can audition iem's for free
wink.gif

Mar 17, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #452 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by stonyboys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Er.... Lol... So is it the RE0 or not...

I wish I was as famous as you, joker, so people would let me borrow their headphones to audition =(

RE0 over the RE2, that's for sure. Aside from that, you probably know your preferences best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i bet it wont be as dramatic as when i jumped from cx300 to er6i :p

^dont we all wish we can audition iem's for free
wink.gif

It would be close, methinks. The RE2 definitely lag in bass power behind foam-tipped ER6i (shocking, I know) and the Marshmallows are only a bit more controlled than the CX300s. And yes, we all want to audition more IEMs for free...

Mar 17, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #454 of 473
The short answer is no.

The long answer is as follows:

The two ECCI earphones, PR100 and PR200, have similar balance and tonality but lack the clarity and refinement. The Maximo iM-590 is a bit more forward and lacks the upper midrange/lower treble smoothness but can be thrown in as well for their neutral tone and attention to detail. The PL50s don't have the air/spaciousness in the treble though they do a great job when it comes to imaging. They also have a thicker midrange presentation than do the RE0s. So it's just a matter of knowing what you want and picking your poison.

Honestly the PR1 Pro is the only one that could directly compete with the RE0 in my book but those are over and gone.

Mar 17, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #456 of 473
The picture looks like the real thing but beyond that - who knows. Since the seller claims they are authentic I suppose you have nothing to lose since ebay will back you in case of a dispute. I know 7dime sells legit ones but no shipping to CA.

Mar 17, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #457 of 473
Haha ok well I just bid $30 for the listing I found and I got outbid by the autobot thing.

I guess I'll order from 7dime and have it shipped to my uncle in Sacramento.

Do you think the ADDIEMs are the type of IEM that I'm looking for?

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #458 of 473
The ADDIEMs are sufficiently different from the Marshmallows, no doubt about that. I like them quite a bit actually. It's a shame my set had a damaged cable (got a refund so no worries) and I haven't gotten around to recabling them yet.

Mar 17, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #461 of 473
I may have to do a mass buy of Kanen IEMs when they release the new gen models(Sennheiser IE6-looking ones). MD52 and KM92 are both on the list. Another Kanen IEM will be added to the thread this week or the next.

Mar 19, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #462 of 473
Alright, I cannot add another review the way I would like to (maintaining the tiers separated) so I will be migrating to a new thread in the coming week following some general streamlining of the reviews.

If anyone has any suggestions on improving the general format of the reviews, the usability of the thread in general, or anything else, I would appreciate a pm or post.

Mar 19, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #463 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, I cannot add another review the way I would like to (maintaining the tiers separated) so I will be migrating to a new thread in the coming week following some general streamlining of the reviews.

If anyone has any suggestions on improving the general format of the reviews, the usability of the thread in general, or anything else, I would appreciate a pm or post.

well make a couple of reserve posts for sure
ph34r.gif

Mar 19, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #465 of 473
Yes I should clarify that the new thread will have as many reserves as there are tiers for easy navigation and price-sorted permalinking.

Edit: this will also give me headroom of 35 reviews per tier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back