Multi-IEM review v.1: 48 earphones compared
Nov 10, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #47 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A number of online stores sell them, including buy.com and J&R. Sonystyle has free shipping I think.

Edit: don't know about international postage. You may want to try all the stores and see which is cheapest.

thanks a lot . unfortunately none willing to send to israel except B&H but they ask 60 for the delivery so i will pas for now . but thanks a lot on your tring to help me
best regards

Nov 10, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #48 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by hellzlegend /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For m6, how do you know it's the new one or the old one. If I buy off overstock, will it be the new version?
MeElectronics Ai-M6 Earphone-M6COLOR Headphones | Overstock.com
MEElectronics M6-CL Stylish Sound Isolating Sports Earphones | Overstock.com
Are these different or the same?

Well, the clear one is definitely the new version cause the old one only came in Black and Maroon. Most likely they are all the new version at this point, but you can email meelec to confirm (you can email overstock, too, but i doubt their turnaround time is as short as meelec's).

Quote:

Originally Posted by truejoker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks a lot . unfortunately none willing to send to israel except B&H but they ask 60 for the delivery so i will pas for now . but thanks a lot on your tring to help me
best regards

Wow, $60 is obscene. If I were you i'd post a wtb/combined shipping thread on the forums here and offer to pay someone back for a set of hybrids plus shipping to Israel if they're planning to buy a set for themselves. They'd just get two sets with combined shipping and then throw a set over your way. From past experience, sending a small bubble mailer to israel is around $4-6.

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #49 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by mythless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, that's funny, guess they didn't live up to you expectation being the step up of the Jazz.

well the fact they use the Jazz pic for them it thought oh it must be like the Jazz and Classical but just tuned differently. they would still have the same clarity but they are more like the Rock ones.

a tad turd tastic for me

or maybe the pair i had were just buggered

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #50 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by truejoker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
best regards

Found this for you on eBay: Sony Black Hybrid Replacement Silicone Earbuds EPEX10A - eBay (item 300360899597 end time Nov-24-09 20:59:17 PST)

The seller is willing to sent to Israel (I checked their shipping list) for $5 fee. Couple with the $11 eartips, I'll say you get a good deal.

Nov 10, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #51 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Found this for you on eBay: Sony Black Hybrid Replacement Silicone Earbuds EPEX10A - eBay (item 300360899597 end time Nov-24-09 20:59:17 PST)

The seller is willing to sent to Israel (I checked their shipping list) for $5 fee. Couple with the $11 eartips, I'll say you get a good deal.

Good find with the hybrids.

I'd like to see the PL30 on this list, since it compares well with the AI-M6 at a similar price point. I love to refer friends to shootouts such as this since it immediately gives them context within which to comparison shop. Thanks for the reviews.

Nov 11, 2009 at 7:15 AM Post #52 of 473
Added:

UE MetroFi 220
Cyclone PR1 Pro

Quote:

Originally Posted by peli_kan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to see the PL30 on this list, since it compares well with the AI-M6 at a similar price point. I love to refer friends to shootouts such as this since it immediately gives them context within which to comparison shop. Thanks for the reviews.

PL30s will be added... eventually. Just need to wrestle them back from gf.

Nov 11, 2009 at 10:43 AM Post #53 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

-
Thanks, ClieOS. Here's hoping they stock it in white as well and they do shipping to Malaysia too.
-
Funny Sony doesn't stock these things worldwide, it's not like they don't sell their IEMs over here.

Nov 11, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #55 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by hellzlegend /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For m6, how do you know it's the new one or the old one. If I buy off overstock, will it be the new version?
MeElectronics Ai-M6 Earphone-M6COLOR Headphones | Overstock.com
MEElectronics M6-CL Stylish Sound Isolating Sports Earphones | Overstock.com
Are these different or the same?

I'm planning on buying one set of this IEM in early December. I will be getting the CLEAR version. if you buy yours earlier, please report back what version you got. Thanks.

Nov 11, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #56 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm planning on buying one set of this IEM in early December. I will be getting the CLEAR version. if you buy yours earlier, please report back what version you got. Thanks.

I just emailed them and got a response. They said clear and the black ones are the new ones. maroon is the old version.I might buy soon. I'll update you when I buy them.

Nov 12, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #57 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice work OP, and for taking the time on all these models. Any chance you'll be adding the Klipsch S2s or S4s?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

S4, yes. Should be getting them next week.

Nov 12, 2009 at 10:01 AM Post #58 of 473
Great work Joker..Waiting for you to add pl30,ADDIEM and S4 to the list

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can see some people finding them bass light, and truly they don’t have any significant humps in the low-end response, but it is very detailed and can be felt as well as heard. Same goes for the highs – just a tiny bit of sparkle, no emphasis. If I had to attribute a term to these, I would call them mid-centric just because nothing draws attention away from the silky-smooth, liquid midrange. Soundstage is above average, but not as airy as the lower-end PL30.

Is PL50 really bass lite?
can u compare it to RE2.Do u notice highs and lows rolled off?
How good is the sound stage compared to RE2 or RE0?
Do they sound laid back?

Nov 12, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #59 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by asrphani /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great work Joker..Waiting for you to add pl30,ADDIEM and S4 to the list

Is PL50 really bass lite?
can u compare it to RE2.Do u notice highs and lows rolled off?
How good is the sound stage compared to RE2 or RE0?
Do they sound laid back?

Thanks, I will try to get the ADDIEMs done some time. Forgot about them completely.

Well, I personally don't consider the PL50 bass light. I do consider the RE2 bass light as it lacks extension as well as power. The PL50 definitely doesn't roll off as early on the low end as the RE2 and might be bit more extended at the top as well. They are quite laid back and the soundstage is about even with the RE2, maybe a bit smaller than the RE0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back