Multi-IEM review v.1: 48 earphones compared
Mar 3, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #362 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm was wanting to see your thoughts on the pannys, i still cant deicide what to make of them. massive oomph, indeed really too much, far too much but in short periods its really quite engaging.

bass kicks you in the nads and the highs scream in your face, but still a little bit fun

i wonder how a description like that can be fun :p im kinda glad i didn't pick these up if these are like that while they were even more popular

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:52 AM Post #364 of 473
those discontinued a while ago :p it would be pretty pointless to review an iem that cant be easily bought my many imo

Mar 3, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #366 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha. Thanks, maybe when I clear up my massive backlog of gear to test. So far I've only requested samples when the manufacturer advertised such a promotion. Except for Lenntek, whom I asked for a sample of their BA model but never got a response
frown.gif

To me the S4 were more offensive in terms of the discrepancy between the mids vs highs/lows. I can certainly see where you're coming from regarding the Pannies but they are just so darn snappy when it comes to electronica and trance that I can't help but smile.

Taking a shift in a more budget-oriented direction for the next couple of weeks. A few new brands as well as some things I've been promising to review for a while
wink.gif

yeah still waiting on your classicals review

Mar 3, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #368 of 473
wonder how a futuresonics atrio would fair here. i hav no idea of any good bass IEM ard 150-200 now which could compare to the bassking atrio.

Mar 3, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #369 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by stonyboys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait... iM-590 or M11?

You asked about the M11.The iM-590 is a little more finicky in terms of fit with the fused biflange tips but also much more rewarding if you get it right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvw2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha 48 now.

48 indeed
tongue.gif
. I plan to migrate to a new thread in the near future. Just have to set aside a few hours for editing. A lot of the early reviews are a mess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonyboys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, also, is the iM716 on your to-review list?

rawrster is right - I am not too interested in discontinued models. I do have the iM616 but I'm not too keen on reviewing it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah still waiting on your classicals review

Lol. So am I. It's somewhere around position 8-9 on the list. And that's not counting portable phones
redface.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know, I seem to recall |joker| having TF10s. I wonder were they so uncomfortable as to not warrant a review
tongue.gif

They are too common to warrant a review. My original plan was to review them before and after getting them remolded, which would be more or less useful to the community. But with all the other stuff I've got, I just haven't had the chance to set aside a chunk of time to review them, get impressions, send them in, get them back, and review them again. Also, A:Bing them with the CK10 makes me want to get the CK10 remolded instead. But there's no need since the CK10s are already beautifully built, well-isolating, and extremely comfortable...

Mar 3, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #370 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by AhhHoNG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wonder how a futuresonics atrio would fair here. i hav no idea of any good bass IEM ard 150-200 now which could compare to the bassking atrio.

I own the Atrio M8 as well and I agree with you - only the Turbine Pro Gold can even come close to the sub-bass the Atrios put out. Expect them reviewed in the next month
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #371 of 473
wow i seriously cant wait! after so many months of researching here and there, i still conclude that atrio is 1 of the best basshead iem out there even after more den 2 years in the market. gotta buy this soon man.

Mar 3, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #373 of 473
i tried the hippo vb and i dint like the isolation. it was pretty bad for me. becos of the bad isolation low frequency bass could not be heard clearly.

Mar 4, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #374 of 473
Woohoo! Getting my new HJes tomorrow. I can send out the headphone Friday. Pm details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back