MSB Analog DAC? (Review p3)
Aug 13, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #61 of 740
Quote:
Ah, 1-2 years is when the DAC V will be out.  It will play file types that wont exist until the late 2030's.

Actually have two speaker systems right now but the MSB is doing duty in the primary one.  Still, I think the differences in DACs is actually more evident with headphones like HD800/009's than speakers.  That much detail that close to your ears is a hard thing to ignore.

I agree 'differences in DAC's'. But to fully utilize what a DAC has to offer, I think speakers offer more than HP (ie. bigger soundstage, real extended bass, full imaging). Mostly everything else depends on what speakers vs. HP.

If your looking for a motorcycle, I know someone who's selling one...

Aug 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #62 of 740
I agree about the soundstaging with speakers. But then there's Stax. I have some very decent speakers that I amp through exactly the same gear as my Stax headphones. The transparency and resolution of electrostats is fascinating.

Aug 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #63 of 740
I just know that HD800 scaled incredibly with the MSB Analog Dac.

In a few days I have to return it....The horror :))

I imagine in the papers:

"Dan Gheorghe, a trustworthy guy, respected by his friends because of his general correctitude, teaching assistant and phd. student at one of the major universities in Bucharest, has cracked and fallen into temptation. He ran with the MSB Analog Dac. 

There have been 2 weeks already since nobody heard anything from him." 

"After another week, finnally Jack traced the msb and Dan with it. He was found in a deserted basement. He only had a chair, the msb and the headphone system. He hadn't eaten for days and had a beard covering his face. He couldn't say anything else but "msb....msb...it is mine...it must be mine".

And so, the first Audiophile Detox clinic has been established in Romania.  After a month he was clean again. 

However some people say they can still hear him sometime say : "....msb" ".

(just kidding, don't worry :)) )

Aug 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #64 of 740
I've been waffling back and forth and I think I'm going to end up upgrading to a DAC IV due to how much I love the Analog.  That means one will be available at a significant percentage off.

What kind of time line are you looking at getting rid of the Analog? Im pretty seriously looking at one of the Rockna Audio Wavedream DACs, but getting a "real" MSB dac would be nice too.

Aug 13, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #65 of 740
Quote:

What kind of time line are you looking at getting rid of the Analog? Im pretty seriously looking at one of the Rockna Audio Wavedream DACs, but getting a "real" MSB dac would be nice too.

ph34r.gif

Aug 13, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #70 of 740
Don't know.  I'd like at least most of the funds for a DAC IV first, will probably be a few weeks.

I envy your ability to quickly replenish the wallet in time when upgraditis kicks in :).

Personnaly, I wait long enough for the lust to die down :wink:. Only thing is that it's always at the corner, waiting for an enabler like the OP's nice read to awake!

Aug 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #73 of 740
Thanks Dan! Great review.
This Dac is top of my hit list. Part of me is thinking if i really need balanced outputs, the other half is deliberating whether or not the upgraded power supply is really worth the coin and my wallet is most displeased with the whole thing.
Kidneys are just not worth that much anymore :frowning2:

Aug 14, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #74 of 740
Threads merged. I think we only need one thread on this DAC.

Aug 14, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #75 of 740
Quote:
Threads merged. I think we only need one thread on this DAC.

I don't get it...  Why do you think that? I've seen other products have x pages. I've seen other products having discussion separate discussion , appreciation and review threads .(check sennheiser hd800, audeze lcd 2 , lcd 3, naim dac v1, etc. ) 

I feel that my thread has been kidnapped:))

Thanks Dan! Great review.
This Dac is top of my hit list. Part of me is thinking if i really need balanced outputs, the other half is deliberating whether or not the upgraded power supply is really worth the coin and my wallet is most displeased with the whole thing.
Kidneys are just not worth that much anymore 
frown.gif

Thank you Jester. I will try to get the power supply for testing. The review was made with the stock power supply and I was still extremely impressed by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back